[Q] MDR NC31E - alternatives?

Search This thread

[w]

May 22, 2014
Is the Z2 compatible with any other noise cancelling earphones besides the MDR NC31E?
I picked up a pair of these seperately (with the option to return). They are pretty nice so far (still wanting to test in noisier env) but @ $70 +tax i feel like i want to compare other alternatives...

se1000

Feb 14, 2011
the MDR-NC31E's are special because they themselves aren't noise canceling, they just have built in microphones, and the Z2 does the noise cancellation. Other noise canceling headphones have the technology built into the headphones themselves, and are universally compatible as long as it has a 3.5mm jack.

PhilAd

Aug 23, 2010
Münster
Could be working on Headphones which have Stereo Microphone ... But I've never heard about Stereo Microphone Headsets before ...
This might only change if Sonys Technology gets copied by other Vendors ... Would be great, cause it makes this technology open to the masses and much cheaper, while you can still choose to use the same headphones without NC.

[w]

May 22, 2014
the MDR-NC31E's are special because they themselves aren't noise canceling, they just have built in microphones, and the Z2 does the noise cancellation. Other noise canceling headphones have the technology built into the headphones themselves, and are universally compatible as long as it has a 3.5mm jack.

yeah i guess that was my real question, if there were other vendors out there making earphones with stereo mics. on the ears no less heh.
fat chance of that i guess.