Painting TPU case

Search This thread

bryyyan

Oct 16, 2009
I bought a clear you case on eBay. In the add it said it had a white trim but it doesn't. Its all clear. I want to try to paint it but don't know what kinda of paint to use.

Sent from my Epic ass phone

EL TEJANO

Dec 1, 2010
Salinas, CA.
You should contact the seller first & point out their mistake. Sometimes they may even say keep the old case & a new one will be sent out, if they request you return it ask them if they'll pay for the return postage. If they are unwilling to work with you then give them the appropriate feedback & rating.

If you decide to paint it then you want to use a paint that flexes, something like Krylon Fusion For Plastic.

Reactions: latinmaxima

nerys71

May 13, 2008
I got some rustoleum 2x In orange. Like fusion supposed to be better

Tried it on my zerolemon case for my note 3 (so sick of black)

Did not do any prep or clean just tried it will see if it works. If it appears to hokd up will order a fresh clean one and put some effort into it.

Of note the zl tpu is a matte finish not glossy. I would think this woumd help with adhesion

Also note full strength plastic adhesion takes 5 to 7 days!

It is still wet I. This picture will report back later

So if this appears to work I will do a fresh one perfext and let it sit for 2 weeks.

Attachments

• 20140513_211818.jpg
    20140513_211818.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,563

ericjt

Oct 12, 2014
How did it dry?

I got some rustoleum 2x In orange. Like fusion supposed to be better

Tried it on my zerolemon case for my note 3 (so sick of black)

Did not do any prep or clean just tried it will see if it works. If it appears to hokd up will order a fresh clean one and put some effort into it.

Of note the zl tpu is a matte finish not glossy. I would think this woumd help with adhesion

Also note full strength plastic adhesion takes 5 to 7 days!

It is still wet I. This picture will report back later

So if this appears to work I will do a fresh one perfext and let it sit for 2 weeks.

Just wondering how well it dried and how long it took.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should contact the seller first & point out their mistake. Sometimes they may even say keep the old case & a new one will be sent out, if they request you return it ask them if they'll pay for the return postage. If they are unwilling to work with you then give them the appropriate feedback & rating.

If you decide to paint it then you want to use a paint that flexes, something like Krylon Fusion For Plastic.