[ROM][JB 4.2.2:LINARO:True Hybrid Mode][2/15/13] AOSPA 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

trvrlol

Jul 27, 2010
No problem! I'm just glad I was able to figure it all out so that I could continue development!

Last edited:

KikiKamKam

Dec 5, 2010
What are the changes for this ROM compared to the previous version?

Sent from my DeathSCYTHE..

I'll see you in hell.. where the devil knows my name...

trvrlol

Jul 27, 2010
What are the changes for this ROM compared to the previous version?

Sent from my DeathSCYTHE..

I'll see you in hell.. where the devil knows my name...

I am not a 100% sure since I am not a developer, but if I had to guess I would assume mainly bug fixes. Also, the MMS.apk is back to white for 2.56, which is the most notable change.

trvrlol

Jul 27, 2010
In the process of trying to compile PA ver. 2.99 from the official repo, which is android ver. 4.2.1 I believe. I'll post an update soon as it progresses.

Edit: Yea I keep running into a lot of errors while building that I am not equipped to handle. Hopefully a stable build environment is released soon!

Last edited:

arqbrulo

Jun 19, 2010
Texas, U.S.A.
Now that I've had a taste of 4.2, I can't go back to 4.1. But I loved PA so much that I'll come back as soon as it's 4.2. Thanks for your work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Could anyone suggest linaro or non linaro? By the way I'm super appreciative for continuing this insane rom!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

trvrlol

Jul 27, 2010
Could anyone suggest linaro or non linaro? By the way I'm super appreciative for continuing this insane rom!

Linaro is a toolchain that is used to compile the android source code. It's designed specifically for the ARM architecture so is able to provide drastic performance improvements. Refer to this youtube video for more of a visual demonstration comparing linaro versus non-linaro builds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrQRYmYip6Q (also linked in the OP). Enjoy!

Reactions: tykalx and mike216

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Getting ready to flash. Could someone be so kind to post the MD5 for 2.56 linaro build?

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

I flashed already and I'm really loving that everything works perfect so far! A working transparent status bar! WAHOOOO!
Great rom bud, linaro it is for me for now on.

schwartzman93

Aug 12, 2010
Thank you so much for bringing this rom back to life! ...Now I cant wait till we get some 4.2 goodness as well :)

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Also, I just though I should mention that NFC isnt working for me with the Linaro build

blastek

May 4, 2010
A2Dp is not functioning well in this rom. It sounds like it's being sent over the phone codec used for calling over bluetooth. After you connect, make one call and this should reset it back to the normal A2Dp codec for playing music. This looks like a CM10 issue and I'm not sure what to do to actually fix it permanently.

Edit: Nevermind. This used to work but now it doesn't at all. Still totally unusable.

Last edited:

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Hey guys I was wondering if anybody knew how to make the status bar transparent using apex
launcher? Thanks any help would be appreciated I can change the colors of it but I can't make a transparent

metalcated

Aug 11, 2010
glassnetworks.net
I'm getting some MAJOR battery drain with this release. Using the Linaro build.

Pa 2.56 linao and Lk 1.10

Anyone else having battery drain? Its a very drastic difference. I can usually go a whole day without having to charge and today I've had to charge 2 different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please refer to Notta's thread for the latest updates and info!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1858298
    Sorry for the longer than expected delay however, I am finally done moving and finished updating the device trees and blobs for the latest PA sources. Version 2.99 of PA should be out later today. I originally tried using linaro to build the ROM however, there is still much that needs to be changed in the 4.2 code to allow it to compile. So don't expect a linaro based ROM for a little bit more time unfortunately. But 4.2 Jellybean goodness will be here soon!
    Just wanted to post an update. The updated device trees are still not playing nice with the AOSPA base, but I am working through all the arising errors and hoping to push a stable version out soon.
    Sources for PA 3.0+ are currently in the process of being uploaded by the devs, so expect a compiled version for the GS3 coming later tonight or early tomorrow! Cheers!
    Just wondering. What base are you using? Cm10.1? Or source

I am using the AOSPA base and only using the CM-10.1 device trees for the drivers.

Still working to get the AOSPA base to play nice with the CM-10.1 device trees and blobs. Unfortunately, I have become obsessed with doing so. I think I have finally solved all of the issues, but time will only tell as the build progresses. Hopefully tomorrow though!