[ROM][UB][4.4.4][SP] Carbon Rom KK Unofficial {built from source}

Search This thread

powercepyman

Jul 16, 2008
Mass storage ?!?!

Hi there.
Is there some way to activate "Mass storage" while connected to PC ? Because there are only MTP /Media device/ and PTP /Camera/ modes under storage options...

I personally prefer to see the phone as an USB device , rather that media device... It just works way better...

Reactions: Sam spancer

freedom74

Feb 22, 2011
Belgrade
BUILD 24 - the last one

hello,

the download link for v24 is dead.
please reupload

thank

For anyone who wants to try this great KK ROM I uploaded latest build 24 (since link is broken) :eek:
with few addons I made for myself (if I recall corectly I made some imports from CM11 later builds
to acheive compatibility for DAVdroid to be able to sync my contact with my cloud storage so I can have GoogleLESS phone) :D
Yes it's possible! :good:

So you can try it out :cool:

From My Cloud Drive
or
Take it from my Google Drive (to yours)

All credits goes to the OP and people mentioned there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XzinYIT.png

Hi to all of you, Huashan owners.
    Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since SP is not officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon

Andros11
    BigShotRob
    Bionic Beast
    dg4prez
    Kejar31
    mattmanwrx
    morfic
    nocoast
    pixeldotz
    slick_rick
    winner00

The original thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137013

Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities...2/stream/f82fcffc-02a6-470e-a254-e200b9f78ee5

ng76.jpg

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

Android 4.4.4

As of today:

This is all very much a work in progress. Carbon Fibers are still in the process of being merged with 4.4.4, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon...

(all features will have to be verifed)

185721ezgifsave.gif

785689ezgifsave1.gif

Bugs:

Just as CM11 recovery does not have acess from volume rocker...set it up in advanced power menu to access it from rom
    Then U tell me for others...and please; provide logcat if any

disclaimer_banner.jpg

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

Instructions

1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup

2. Download the ROM.

3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.

4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache

7. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

(first build didnt boot and i totally broke my head on it :laugh:
    and even on second one!!! but it boots now ;) loll)

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Huashan_build2
    MD5 SUM:03a67688e2dcf6472a936b96b46789c2
    CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Huashan_build3.zip
    MD5SUM:874de42f028ec547fc7ac3507c3f7ea7
    CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Huashan_build4.zip
    MD5SUM:a2b4d1dc3031de20a0baaf23945cc4b8

Unofficial Carbon kk Huashan folder here

From now builds will be available for download from server here

Huashan builds here, take build according to your device

PA Gapps 4.4.4 thread

OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG

Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...

Code:
    Next changes are told in thread 
    when i post for a new update

[U]build13:[/U]
    previous uberlaggydarwin's commit has been merged 
    repos updated
    Carbon sources synced
    Theme engine should work fine

[U]build12:[/U]
    [URL="http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/64028/"][B][U]this commit[/U][/B][/URL]was cherry picked...many thanks to @[URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=5314976"]uberlaggydarwin[/URL]
    this fixes random freezes
    Carbon sources synced 
    media/display caf sources merged

[U]build 10 and 11:[/U]
    Build 10 re uploaded
    Repositories updated (qcom-common and device's)
    Carbon sources synced
    Build 11 
    repositories erased and re forked (device/kernel sources/qcom common)
    Carbon sources synced

[U]build 9:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced
    theme manager broken but u can access it by creating shortcut
    repositories updated

[U]build 8:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced
    Led manager is back and theme still broken

[U]build 7:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced

[U]build 6:[/U]
    recovery access from physical button fixed 
    (access from camera button)

[U]build2 to 5:[/U]
    original builds no changes

[U]Build1:
    [/U]didn't boot
    Credits

(in no particular order)

As i already mentionned, obviously Team Carbon
    you maybe can show some support to this team by donating'em ;)

Special thanks to these guys who teach me everything =)

@percy_g2
    @x10forevers
    @Abhinav2
    @vishal_android freak for fixing recovery, tips and tricks =) ...

@Souleymane93 for testing

And also:

@uberlaggydarwin
    @eagleeyetom
    @adfad666
    @FXP

And obviously CyanogenMod, Sony and Google for sources...

#include<iforgotyou.h>
    Are you giving up on Carbon ROM?
    More than a month w\o new build. :(
    Im not giving up at all man!! , im working like a dog on fusion3 devices, u can check all my threads are stopped due to lack of ril on this platform; wich im actually using for my Z and tabZ, once it will be fixed (as cm doesn t help at all on this platform) i will work back on other roms/platforms.
    There's also something sure, next update will be 5.0 as im not working anymore (as all other devs) on KK.
    I can give an update! But it will be almost the same as carbon kk sources doesn t update...upgraded to LP.
    mine too in case

im planning to bring this the most bugless i can...will need some logcats to get u a nice Carbonrom :D and regular updates...
    New build is up

Build 17 here

Carbon sources upgraded to 4.4.4

Carbon changelog here