[Q] Restoring of older android device ID causing problems with google apps?

Search This thread

Lownita

Jun 14, 2011
Germany
Is it possible that restoring the device ID with titanium backup might cause problems with google apps and/or google play services?
To my understanding, TB restores the ID to ensure that the restored apps will be working flawlessly.
But on the other hand, might the changing ID confuse the rest of the system? I was getting problems with google now not properly refreshing anymore and so this came to my mind.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
It's all about purchased apps being linked to your device id, however I've never found one that is.

But yes, if you don't restore the id then you buy one of these mythical applications, then restore the id, you could have issues.

I purchase many apps though and have never had an issue. It's nothing to do with google now or anything else

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lownita

Lownita

Jun 14, 2011
Germany
So if I restore the Id right after a fresh rom install, I should have no problems with google apps whatsoever?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's all about purchased apps being linked to your device id, however I've never found one that is.

But yes, if you don't restore the id then you buy one of these mythical applications, then restore the id, you could have issues.

I purchase many apps though and have never had an issue. It's nothing to do with google now or anything else

So if I restore the Id right after a fresh rom install, I should have no problems with google apps whatsoever?

You should have no issues with google apps whether you restore or not. Device id is nothing to do with google apps.