[Q] miscellaneous folder "0" taking up 5 gb

Search This thread

MelonDroid

Jul 10, 2014
There is a folder on my phone called "0" that is taking over 5 GB of internal storage, I don't think its the ROM because have a 16gb phone and total space is 10.12 GB so I presume its the android system/rom is making it 10gb instead of 16. The weird thing is though is there's a file inside 0 that says android and has a load of app files and stuff in it. I would really appreciate help, and that 5 GB would be very useful. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-17-23-29-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-17-23-29-03.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 9

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Have you installed a custom rom like CyanogenMod or the like? Or updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2.x + ? It's common due to android adding multiuser support. I find it best to copy everything to a PC, format the internal storage and copy the important stuff back.

MelonDroid

Jul 10, 2014
Have you installed a custom rom like CyanogenMod or the like? Or updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2.x + ? It's common due to android adding multiuser support. I find it best to copy everything to a PC, format the internal storage and copy the important stuff back.

Well I have flashed a few different ROMs, ands I think I have had the same problem. I flashed from stock touchwiz to cyanogenmod, then to paranoid android, then to Jedi ROM x19 which is what I'm on ATM. I know its the 0 folder that's all the memory but I'm not sure if its important.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Well I have flashed a few different ROMs, ands I think I have had the same problem. I flashed from stock touchwiz to cyanogenmod, then to paranoid android, then to Jedi ROM x19 which is what I'm on ATM. I know its the 0 folder that's all the memory but I'm not sure if its important.

So copy everything to the PC, use a custom recovery to format internal storage then copy back what you need into the right folders you need which will reform after rebooting. This will ensure everything will be where it needs to.

shadowsix

Dec 16, 2013
i had the same problem. i send my unit to a repair center and they fixed it but won`t tell me what could be the cause :confused: