Ipaq 612c/614c series known issues/resolution [HERE]

Search This thread
for custom rom:
i believe the fastest rom for 612c is the 6.1 cooked by sergiorus. I haven't really used so I don't know its battery life
for 6.5 rom cooked by me, battery life various among the builds so you have to try it yourself or read other people comment. Performance is ok althugh boot up time won't be as fast as the 6.1, you have try it yourself to see if you like it
thanks a alot, i have successfully update my wm,os and fw.
did i missing something ?

ill make a review of your cooked rom.

terryconsult

Aug 6, 2009
Thanks But ....

Hi every Ipaq 610/610c/612/612c/614/614c owners..

2. The predictive text on the soft keyboard (not displayed by default). I manage to do some tweak on the registry and it appears BUT the keyboard hardware now can only input digits for all the 0-9 keypads. (no win-win situation yet)

I have attached the cab to enable the predictive text on soft keypad, you can always uninstall it if it doesn't suit your needs. I use more on soft keypad so I can go without the hardware button works perfectly.

Thanks Ferioz, Your trial helped me solve the problem. In my application I wanted the hardware keyboard to enter only digits and your application helped me. But by installing this, it shows only digits while Text messaging also.

Can you help me give the code of what you did and how, so I can implement only while starting my application and restore the registry back to normal when the applicaiton quits. I have never played in application with registry. If I can get your help, would be greatful.

Thanks. Looking for your help.

Lukasnix

May 8, 2008
regarding iPAQ 614c , when battery is in half (or near that value) , incoming phone call -=> next thing reboot !

My warranty ends in 3 days (on 11th this month !) and i like to know perhaps how long it could take the service to replace it (not HP directly) i bought it in Poland

Another question are there any larger (capacity) batteries for my iPAQ ? if so links please , (something like "i've heard there is" doesn't help)

howard_lukman

Sep 19, 2008
Hi there i'm using 612c and i'm dealing the same problem with you... if you allready service the cell phone would you mind sharing what's the cause of the problem.

thanks
regarding iPAQ 614c , when battery is in half (or near that value) , incoming phone call -=> next thing reboot !

My warranty ends in 3 days (on 11th this month !) and i like to know perhaps how long it could take the service to replace it (not HP directly) i bought it in Poland

Another question are there any larger (capacity) batteries for my iPAQ ? if so links please , (something like "i've heard there is" doesn't help)

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
Thanks Ferioz, Your trial helped me solve the problem. In my application I wanted the hardware keyboard to enter only digits and your application helped me. But by installing this, it shows only digits while Text messaging also.

Can you help me give the code of what you did and how, so I can implement only while starting my application and restore the registry back to normal when the applicaiton quits. I have never played in application with registry. If I can get your help, would be greatful.

Thanks. Looking for your help.

u dont need any reg hacks use xda free fingerkeyboard 2

as 4 hardware keyboard u can always use AE keyboard
soon i will upload english layout 4 the 600 but not today maybe next week (soory)

deranche

Dec 21, 2009
WildWideWorld
Hi, I'm new to this website and recently i encountered "no network" after i factory reset my ipaq 612c, other wireless are working fine but no network.

Firstly, i wonder how the network radio went off afte the reset and secondly i tried flashing with all the updates mentioned on the website from HP but fails.

Tehn i came across reading someone told another to reload back to your os 1.00.00 fw 0.81 somewhere on this website to reflash the radio network before i can load any updates....... like i said, I'm new but not new to the world and definately ot new to windows :p

Can i PLEASE beg of you or ANYBODY here to give me a link to download the factory rom os 1.00.00 fw 0.81 fr my ipaq 612c ? prefered mediafire files since i dont have any acct with rapid or any other paid website mentioned here :p

Will donate to someone who can give me a link here ? Thank you ALLLLLLLLL very much in advance...... :D Cheeers to all. belated Happy NEw YEar.