[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Aairman23

Nov 21, 2007
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1416056
Edit: That's the EL26 + CWM thread. Some reason the XDA app didn't do the reply like I asked.

Sent from the ether.

thanks, for some reason the one touch odin method keeps making the sprint 4g boot animation to loop endlessly....even after I re-flashed.... I'll try the stockCWM-el26.tar.md5 file in regular odin. Ihope that works cause I'm out of options at this point and my phone will not boot

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

thanks, for some reason the one touch odin method keeps making the sprint 4g boot animation to loop endlessly....even after I re-flashed.... I'll try the stockCWM-el26.tar.md5 file in regular odin. Ihope that works cause I'm out of options at this point and my phone will not boot

ok so the 4g sprint screen keeps looping, even after using regular odin and the stockCWM-el26.tar.md5 file in the PDA slot. Everything passes fine (no errors), but both methods cause and endless sprint 4g boot loop. What are my options at this point?

patach

Dec 29, 2010
Just from other people's experiences, would having 4G all the time for this ROM get around the same kind of battery life as say... an unmodded version of the E4GT? If so, I'm jumping on board this week!

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

ok so the 4g sprint screen keeps looping, even after using regular odin and the stockCWM-el26.tar.md5 file in the PDA slot. Everything passes fine (no errors), but both methods cause and endless sprint 4g boot loop. What are my options at this point?

Only thing I can think of would be to do a complete Odin - rom/kernel/ etc. I'm pretty new to the SG2 world though. Rooted a couple and just picked mine up the other day since my beloved Evo 3D was stolen. :/ I believe your 2 main choices would be:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1433101

or

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1416477

Then you could Odin the CMW EL 26 kernel for CM9 and reflash the rom.

Last edited:

bavarianblessed

Feb 17, 2009
Chattanooga

It sounds to me that you are flashing the stock EL26CWM kernel and trying to boot afterwards. If that's the case then that is your problem. Sorry if I'm reading it wrong but you absolutely cannot boot into any ICS ROM running a GB kernel.

You may want to try this method instead, it's worked for me every time I flash CM9 or CM7.

• Make sure to have Calk's_FORMAT_ALL script on the SD along with the ROM and gapps package.
  • After flashing the stock EL26CWM kernel boot into recovery.
  • Flash Calk's_FORMAT_ALL script.
  • Flash the ROM.
  • Flash the gapps package.
  • Reboot.

Again I apologize if this is all common knowledge for you. It works perfectly for me every time though so I thought I would share. :)

Last edited:

Aairman23

Nov 21, 2007
It sounds to me that you are flashing the stock EL26CWM kernel and trying to boot afterwards. If that's the case then that is your problem. Sorry if I'm reading it wrong but you absolutely cannot boot into any ICS ROM running a GB kernel.

You may want to try this method instead, it's worked for me every time I flash CM9 or CM7.

• Make sure to have Calk's_FORMAT_ALL script on the SD along with the ROM and gapps package.
  • After flashing the stock EL26CWM kernel boot into recovery.
  • Flash Calk's_FORMAT_ALL script.
  • Flash the ROM.
  • Flash the gapps package.
  • Reboot.

Again I apologize if this is all common knowledge for you. It works perfectly for me every time though so I thought I would share. :)

finally got back to CM9w/GPS lock!!!!!

After numerous boot loops from auto root, one touch odin, and regular odin, I finally went back into recovery, factory wipe, then installed gunslinger, then install unammed ROM, then got a lock in google maps, power off, then followed the CM9 flash instructions again. Now I'm all good, but wasted 3 hours that I could have been working (which is my loss since I'm self-employed) However, now I have GPS on CM9, so I'm content. Thanks to everyone who helped I really appreciate it.

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Has anyone experienced a problem with the Amazon app (regular amazon not appstore) When I run the app for more than a minute or two the screen freezes and the phone becomes totally unresponsive. Only option is to rip the battery. Anyone experience this? Any fix?

kiekan

Feb 10, 2009
Downers Grove, IL

EL26 is a Gingerbread kernel. It won't boot CM9. Thats why your bootlooping. You're only flashing it for the custom recovery. Soon as you flash it, instead up booting up like normal, press and hold volume up and power and hold it until you see CWM.

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
Do we have the problem we had in gingerbread where 1x would disguise itself as 3g?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

djkraemer

Nov 6, 2010
Roanoke, VA
This is a fantastic ROM and I'm experiencing no major issues with it.

It's fast, responsive, and has decent battery life on my device (similar to Caulk's ROM'S).

I had an issue with the market not syncing my purchases after a full wipe Install, but a reboot fixed it.

With that said, DO NOT FLASH A KERNEL OR MODEM FROM ONE OF CAULK'S ROM'S TO THIS ROM. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

If you want the newest kernel, use the one posted by the OP a few posts back.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24420797&postcount=978

Thank you for all of the hard work. This is my new daily driver. I can't wait to get a proper cm9 kernel.

easybucketz

Feb 10, 2008
Hey guys i have a quick question. I did do a search and found nothing. I flashed alpha 1 when it came out and left it as is. And now Alpha 2 came out and i tried to flash it through the CWR that came with Alpha 1 and it keeps saying (signature failed, installation aborted). What am i doing wrong? This may be a noob question to some but please bare with me. Thanks in Advance

dcaplinger76

Sep 23, 2010
Oklahoma City
Hey guys i have a quick question. I did do a search and found nothing. I flashed alpha 1 when it came out and left it as is. And now Alpha 2 came out and i tried to flash it through the CWR that came with Alpha 1 and it keeps saying (signature failed, installation aborted). What am i doing wrong? This may be a noob question to some but please bare with me. Thanks in Advance

It did that with me when using Rogue kernel., switched to CWM and all was well

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

reinaldistic

May 3, 2011
No, aosp ice scream sandwich correctly displays 1x vs 3g. You can often notice it drop to 1x right after you send an SMS or end a phone call.

Then I'm having 3g speeds issues... any way to discern whether its a sprint or a mod issue?

gpgorbosjr

Jul 3, 2008
www.gregthegreat.com
This is a fantastic ROM and I'm experiencing no major issues with it.

It's fast, responsive, and has decent battery life on my device (similar to Caulk's ROM'S).

I had an issue with the market not syncing my purchases after a full wipe Install, but a reboot fixed it.

With that said, DO NOT FLASH A KERNEL OR MODEM FROM ONE OF CAULK'S ROM'S TO THIS ROM. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

If you want the newest kernel, use the one posted by the OP a few posts back.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24420797&postcount=978

Thank you for all of the hard work. This is my new daily driver. I can't wait to get a proper cm9 kernel.

I think you'll be ok flashing modems from Caulk........I've already flashed like 3 of them.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Then I'm having 3g speeds issues... any way to discern whether its a sprint or a mod issue?

Sometimes my signal gets stuck on 1x and airplane mode on/off fixes it...might fix yours too. I don't know if it is Sprint's crappy network or whatever they do with this phone but I've had stuff like this since day 1.

Wizard Knight

Apr 24, 2010
Long Island, New York
then why have I not seen a cm9 aosp kernel to download?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

playing catch-up in the thread so don't know if anybody answered this guy, but for anybody wondering this...

we won't have a stable aosp kernel until samsung releases the ICS kernel source which happens a few days before/after OTA. as of right now, we're using modded kernels. you'll see a boom in development all around once OTA is released

the fact the the kernel we have now is so stable is nothing more than another sign of how good the devs we have are

Reactions: ericlikeseatin

Specialksg1

Jan 16, 2011
Portland, OR

What you're doing wrong is trying to use the recovery that came with it. Odin the el26 stock CWM kernel with the auto reboot option turned OFF. After odin is done just hold volume up and power until the recovery screen comes up like you normally would and flash from there.

Reactions: Bruce Inman

garfnodie

Apr 2, 2008
Columbia, TN, USA

Alpha1 and Alpha2 don't actually come with with CWM, they have stock recoveries. To install Alpha1, you first had to use odin to put CWM EL26 on the, phone, and then you had to boot into recovery on your phone where you could then flash Alpha1 to it, but once Alpha1 was on the phone, you no longer have a custom recovery. If you want to put Alpha2 on the phone, you'll need to use odin again to put CWM EL26 on the phone again, then boot into recovery and then you can flash Alpha2

blackroseMD1

Jul 12, 2010
San Diego, CA
www.standupforkids.org
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts