[L1-II,L3-II,L4-II,L5-II] Source Codes Released

Search This thread

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
Oppo Reno8 Lite
I'm not a developer and i've just arrived into the LG world with the new LG L4-II, a slightly smaller and cheaper version of the L5-II, but with exactly the same base hardware.
I have already rooted it using the tutorial here, available for the L5-II, but i've yet to see any ROM development for this new line of devices, so i decided to share a link with the community that shows that the full Source Code for these devices has already been released by LG.
I hope it will be useful for the developers, so that some day in the near future we see some custom Roms for these new devices.

https://www.lg.com/global/support/o...tegoryId=CAT00000001&osCategoryId=CAT00000002

Cheers to all.

mutha88

Oct 18, 2011
Thank you about the link and the information. I do hope someone takes the second generation ( II ) of the L models seriously. Almost no one is working which makes most of us sad :(

Could you be so kind to give me a link to the rooting tutorial? And may be the steps you've followed? Because I want to root my phone too.

Thanks and cheers to all guys who share useful info and modded roms with us!

Reactions: Paul!us

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
BL unlock needed!

This is kind of useless, untill we get bootloader unlock. I've managed to build recovery.img for MT6575 chipset with some tools and also flashed it to E440, but bootloader is blocking the recovery boot due to security reasons, but boots in normal mode(Android)... i can share recovery.img if someone need it.

Update: I have boot.img and bootloader image, too - everithing except /system and /data
Added: Ops... My bad. now I think it is kernel related security check, will take a look at the kernel source and try again. I'm not a DEV, just playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul!us
This is kind of useless, untill we get bootloader unlock. I've managed to build recovery.img for MT6575 chipset with some tools and also flashed it to E440, but bootloader is blocking the recovery boot due to security reasons, but boots in normal mode(Android)... i can share recovery.img if someone need it.

Update: I have boot.img and bootloader image, too - everithing except /system and /data
Added: Ops... My bad. now I think it is kernel related security check, will take a look at the kernel source and try again. I'm not a DEV, just playing.

you will be king if you get this right. I am wanting to unlock my bootloader for the l5 II as well. if you get this right please share with us the method of how you do it.

x-jack

Feb 11, 2014
I'm not a developer and i've just arrived into the LG world with the new LG L4-II, a slightly smaller and cheaper version of the L5-II, but with exactly the same base hardware.
I have already rooted it using the tutorial here, available for the L5-II, but i've yet to see any ROM development for this new line of devices, so i decided to share a link with the community that shows that the full Source Code for these devices has already been released by LG.
I hope it will be useful for the developers, so that some day in the near future we see some custom Roms for these new devices.

https://www.lg.com/global/support/o...tegoryId=CAT00000001&osCategoryId=CAT00000002

Cheers to all.

Thank You :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers to all.
    Thank you about the link and the information. I do hope someone takes the second generation ( II ) of the L models seriously. Almost no one is working which makes most of us sad :(

Could you be so kind to give me a link to the rooting tutorial? And may be the steps you've followed? Because I want to root my phone too.

Thanks and cheers to all guys who share useful info and modded roms with us!
    BL unlock needed!