[Q] HOW TO - difference between Original S3 vs Clone S3

Search This thread

nebitan

Jan 11, 2014
I was wondering if I buy used S3 how to be shure that I got the original and not the clone? Is there any specific that I can check by myself and is there some sort of samsung databse of original IMEI or serial numbers that can be queried?

Thanks.

~DemonLord~

Jan 15, 2014
I was wondering if I buy used S3 how to be shure that I got the original and not the clone? Is there any specific that I can check by myself and is there some sort of samsung databse of original IMEI or serial numbers that can be queried?

Thanks.
First you have to cross check the numbers from its original box. If the android version/CSC/modem donot match its not a big problem. Main thing you have to check is IMEI. Make sure the retailer is trust worthy... oh and that there should be samsung printed at the front and back of the phone :p . clones cant use official brand name as far as i have seen. Just google it if you need more specific details that i am not aware of.

hierarchy666

Jan 24, 2011
Singapore
Last edited:

nebitan

Jan 11, 2014
As I can see mostly the top and bottom basel are thicker on clones. I was thinking to buy used one, but there are too much clones in the market where I live so the only safe option will be to buy one sim locked to a carrier. Thanks guys.

Any other opinion is welcome.