[Q] After replacement of screen, no more multitouch only dual touch

Search This thread

djind

Jul 9, 2008
Hi all,

I recently dropped my phone and broke my screen. I ordered a complete frame and lcd/digitizer from eBay and everything seemed to work.

Touchscreen didn't feel right and I stalled a few multitouch tester apps.
I noticed only 2 points were registered. Third didn't show anything. Contacting the seller with this he suggested cleaning the contact points and looking elsewhere for answers.

Does anyone have any idea whether this the screen or something else?
I cleaned everything, all contact points with alcohol and even bought a new battery, because some said that could have weird issues as well.

Thank you in advance.

/edit: this is the link to the screen I bought: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/331224787829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last edited:

RolF2

Sep 25, 2008
look at controller chip ( that one on digitizer flex) - if it's not glued with black epo around , then 99.9% you got cheap china clone digitizer ...
here is pics of copy and org digitizers :
cheap copy / OEM

djind

Jul 9, 2008
look at controller chip ( that one on digitizer flex) - if it's not glued with black epo around , then 99.9% you got cheap china clone digitizer ...
here is pics of copy and org digitizers :
cheap copy / OEM

The one I have looks te be an OEM version. I guess I have to open en different Nexus 4 and try to figure it out.

The smaller part looks to have a bigger IC on the picture. Mine has 2 connectors, but the smaller connector also has a smaller IC.

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited: