[TIP][Guide]Change Default Home Button Color

Search This thread

bobo023

Aug 21, 2012
Try to raise the values of the other color, I stated that on my OP last part that if you make the other values extremes (1000 and 20000), the the colors will be affected.. If for instance, Blue will have 20000 value, the notifications color that contains blue (violet...) will have dominant blue and other colors will be suppressed, so VIOLET will turn out to be more on BLUE.

thanks for the tip, I'll try as soon as I have time for that.

Anoopnk

Jul 16, 2012
Bangalore
In MIUI, we can customize LED colours for all kinds of notification !!!
If you know which file controls it , I can attach it !!! Hope it can may our ray look colourfull!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch.

HnelGyi1

Mar 10, 2011
Hex > Dec

There is no need to use calculator to get colors decimal. Here ( chanee.com/hexcolorsw.htm ) you can get decimal from hex directly. :fingers-crossed:

adulfo

Apr 26, 2012
Pagadian City
There is no need to use calculator to get colors decimal. Here ( chanee.com/hexcolorsw.htm ) you can get decimal from hex directly. :fingers-crossed:
There is another option to set the color of the home button: Instead of using "max_current"(max is 20000), we can use "max_brightness"(max is 255, the same as max for RBG) but I can't guarantee you can arrive to your desired color... So not so reliable and not so useful.. Start playing with this any values as you like.

Last edited:

guitarfreedom

Nov 29, 2010
Salerno
I have made some tests, but I haven't reach my target:

I'm on GB, and I would make sms,calls..led brighter ; I've modified values in pre_hw_config.sh but only colour is changed and not intensity.
Any suggestion, please?

Thanks

Last edited:

Kratellismorru

Mar 23, 2012
El Castillo Del Diablo
Slight Indigo Color

There is another option to set the color of the home button: Instead of using "max_current"(max is 20000), we can use "max_brightness"(max is 255, the same as max for RBG) but I can't guarantee you can arrive to your desired color... So not so reliable and not so useful.. Start playing with this any values as you like.

Took me almost 30 minutes just to have the color I wanted, anyway, here it is
R = 2750
G = 1500
B = 7843

Light Violet/Violet!

thought to share it to you guys,
P.S when i add values to RED color, the LED changes to somewhat pink

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys.. I've been searching for ways to change the default color of Home Button of our Ray. Been on decompiling/compiling framework, settings... but got nothing or don't know exactly what xml/smali that controls the color of the buttons. So, by doing some trials-and-errors...:crying: Maybe this time I hit it. :D

First of all I want to thank:

JJDOCTOR for giving the hint to enable the light of Home button.
    boy*racer*- max echo value is 20000
    and all of you GUYS here on xda..

So here it is, navigate to system/etc/pre_hw_config.sh using ROOT EXplorer and find these lines:

echo 1000 > $dev/red/max_current
    echo 1000 > $dev/green/max_current
    echo 1000 > $dev/blue/max_current

and change to anything you want, I made it to

echo 1000 > $dev/red/max_current
    echo 2000 > $dev/green/max_current
    echo 9000 > $dev/blue/max_current

THE HIGHER THE VALUE, THE BRIGHTER THE LED.

Save changes....

For color preferences calculations: Go here. Thanks to Xtremy.

The above is nearly ICS Blue... You can put any values you want til 20000(?) except ZERO (0). By putting zero, that color will not be used by the system notifications ( I think)...

THIS WOULD NOT MAKE ALL OF THE NOTIFICATIONS COLOR TO THE COLOR YOU HAVE SET, ONLY THE DEFAULT HOME BUTTON COLOR IS AFFECTED. Sorry if the first flash of notification is not the COLOR you desired, only the succeeding flashes... I'm not a developer, I don't know how to do this correctly.

I THINK THIS WOULD NOT WORK ON CM-BASED ROM, BECAUSE THE HOME BUTTON LIGHT IS DISABLED (automaticbrightness is already set to FALSE). If somebody can make it to work, just apply it.

SOME DEFAULT COLOR WOULD NOT BE THE CORRECT APPEARANCE AFTER CHANGING THOSE LINES.. example, Violet is not violet when you use it as message notifications, still ICS Blue(?). Just raise the values.

REBOOT IS A MUST...:eek: Hope it won't bootloop...:confused:
    This is a nice mod adulfo! :good:

I wrote a little tutorial for finding your color value:

Go to this Color Wizard website.

Choose the color of your choice in de color bars.

In the #box you find the hex value for your color.

For this tut i use a nice orange E45F13 hex value.

Split de value in three pieces E4 5F 13.

1st byte E4 xx xx is for the Red value. (#FF0000)
    2nd byte xx 5F xx is for the Green value. (#00FF00)
    3rd byte xx xx 13 is for the Blue value. (#0000FF)

Open windows calculator set it in Scientific Mode.

1) Hit F5 to select HEX.
    2) Type in your first hex (if HEX is 00, decimal is 0)
    3) Hit F6 to convert to decimal.

Do this for all three hex values and write down the numbers...

1st byte E4 xx xx E4=228
    2nd byte xx 5F xx 5F=95
    3rd byte xx xx 13 13=19

As we know "max echo value is 20000" or 255 so:

20000 / 255 X 228 (your 1st above number)= 17882 for the Red Value
    20000 / 255 X 95 (your 2nd above number)= 7450 for the Green Value
    20000 / 255 X 19 (your 3rd above number)= 1490 for the Blue Value

Change the values in system/etc/pre_hw_config.sh for red, green and blue save & exit, reboot! :cool:

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

I use the Tron Legacy Cyan color: 00DFFC

1000 for the Red Value.
    17490 for the Green Value.
    19764 for the Blue Value.

also note:
    I set the first byte for Red to zero
    after reboot it went to 1000 value,
    so I think 1000 is the lowest value.
    ......................but got nothing or don't know exactly what xml/smali that controls the color of the buttons..........................:

XML is used to create user interface and the components used in app and java is used to create executable codes that will make apps functionality.
    XML and smali are created automatically in app development.Though notepad++ is best to type XML.Best and easiest way to create a xml file is just write code in notepad++ and save it with extension of .xml.If you are developing an application of android then xmls are created by software itself. You will just need to specify name and add it to project as xml file...
    Real ICS Color for Home Button

Hi! I found the ICS color code for home button.

echo 1235 > $dev/red/max_current
    echo 3039 > $dev/green/max_current
    echo 3745 > $dev/blue/max_current ;)
    hi guys this is my first comment :) so, i've changed these values in pre_hw_config.sh and of course i've got the color i want (nearly ICS blue). BUT here is my problem: other notifications like charging (instead of red it's nearly pink, instead of orange it's nearly green...) not working properly. I'm using light flow led and its notifications also miss the right color. Is there a solution for this? I'm not a developer but i think the phone calculates the values of notifications by this three values and must be an algorithm for this somewhere in the phone, so maybe we can manipulate that. Tell me if I'm wrong. Sorry for my english it's not my native language. :p
    Try to raise the values of the other color, I stated that on my OP last part that if you make the other values extremes (1000 and 20000), the the colors will be affected.. If for instance, Blue will have 20000 value, the notifications color that contains blue (violet...) will have dominant blue and other colors will be suppressed, so VIOLET will turn out to be more on BLUE.