[TOOL] ROOT for Razr HD - Verizon XT925/XT926

Search This thread

alcangel64

Jun 19, 2010
Root failed

Hello cant get my Razr Hd xt925 to root i get exploit failed message i followed the instructions step by step at first i could not get the bug report but den i deleted 3 files that sow up on my sd card after and then it work go the 2 vibration but still the error messege and no root can anyone help.

hbenz2008

Jan 11, 2008
sorry to ask here,
I flashed cmn on moto xt925 ul boot loader , but how in the hell i chose install Su from zip??? i was able to enter into recovery, scroll down to install from zip but how to select that option? hit power nada? is there a key combo

got it, all done
Buttons may have been jacked up

Last edited:

htowngator

Mar 31, 2008
I bought a RAZR HD dev edition online, but it came with 4.1.1 stock, no root.

Do I need to do the downgrade method to get root?

helloterence

Dec 31, 2011
I just bought a X926 with 4.1.2 on it (9.16.6 build). Was wondering if it was possible to use this method to get root?

an21281

I bought a RAZR HD dev edition online, but it came with 4.1.1 stock, no root.

Do I need to do the downgrade method to get root?

I just bought a X926 with 4.1.2 on it (9.16.6 build). Was wondering if it was possible to use this method to get root?

If you are on 4.1.1 you need to downgrade to ICS to root, and then unlock the bootloader. If you are already on 4.1.2 with no root then there is nothing you can do except factory reset of sbf the 4.1.2 firmware which will just get u back to stock on 4.1.2. I usually use matts utility 1.10 to downgrade and root.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

EDIT 04/12/2013
New root exploit found, and bootloader unlocked! No need to downgrade anymore to root! HERE: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/15208-root-motochopper-yet-another-android-root-exploit/

Last edited:

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
I'm also unable to get this to work. I get exploit failed after running the bug report.

[*] Device found.
[*] Installing fake package...
6476 KB/s (564403 bytes in 0.085s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Sudoku.apk
Success
[*] Preparing for exploit...
5457 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.004s)
5716 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.144s)
5420 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.336s)
5222 KB/s (64208 bytes in 0.012s)
[*] Please trigger a bugreport on your phone by pressing
[*] Volume Up + Power simultaneously. If successful, your device
[*] will vibrate. Make sure this vibration is distinct from the
[*] vibration that occurs when you turn the volume all the way
[*] down. Press enter once you have successfully triggered a
[*] bugreport.
Press any key to continue . . .
[*] Getting root...
[*] This may take a minute or two.
[-] Exploit failed.
[*] Cleaning up...
Success
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to reboot and exit.
Press any key to continue . . .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    3. Install Motorola Drivers
    4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Run The Batch File "Run"
    7. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    8. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

**UPDATE**JellyBean OTA In order to update to the latest OTA without losing root you need to:

• Be Rooted on ICS
    • Use VooDoo Rootkeeper to do the following
    1. Protect Root
    2. Temp Unroot
    3. Take the JB OTA
    4. Restore Root

Enjoy being both on the latest and rooted. Remember, do not just take the update without doing both those two things as there is no root exploit currently available for JB.

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    How to Unroot:
    Thanks shabbypenguin for posting this.

You can manually unroot your Droid by using a root file manager program (such as root explorer) and mountsystem as R/W. Then delete the following:

/system/app/Superuser.apk
    /system/bin/su
    and if it has it
    /system/xbin/su
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downloads:
    Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
    Root File is attached to the Post, but here are some Mirrors:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

Hit thanks if this made you happy!

Screenie:
    Screenie%20of%20Razr%20HD%20Root.png

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenburg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    3. Install Motorola Drivers
    4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Charge Only Mode
    7. Run The Batch File "Run"
    8. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    9. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

Downloads:
    Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
    Root File is attached to the Post, but here are some Mirrors:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenberg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

Let me fix your post so you can see how this should look.

You dropped his paypal and never linked to his original post. This is very bad form. The person who rooted your device spent a great deal of time in doing so and deserves the recognition from doing so. not some tiny ass print at the bottom like an after thought. I mean really the creator of the root gets the tiniest font at the bottom. Terrible.

This is a proper posting FYI.

Dan (@djrbliss) has posted the root method.

http://xdaforums.com/show...05&postcount=1

Despite my strong belief that people who are interested in rooting should buy devices with unlocked bootloaders instead of expecting the magical hackers in the sky to give out free exploits (which are in short supply), I'm once again continuing to encourage bad behavior by publishing another root exploit:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail2go_windows.zip

Instructions:

1. Download and extract the entire zip file.

2. Ensure your device is connected via USB and that you have installed the latest ADB drivers from Motorola.

3. Double-click "run.bat" and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. The exploit will ask you to press a button combination at one point.

If the exploit prints an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions and try again.

This exploit should work on the Razr M, Atrix HD, Photon Q, Razr i (you might need to replace some of the binaries with x86 versions?), and the upcoming Razr HD.

Paypal:
    http://goo.gl/zBGb0
    Thanks a lot! it seems to work , but is there any way to check that the phone is really rooted?

There are some apps in the market for that. Search for "root checker"

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
    You can't install a custom recovery (cwm) and then ota to JB. It has to be completely stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2