Hulu plus errors

Search This thread

fireguy0306

Jun 18, 2010
Some roms have issues as well. So in addition to relocking some roms won't work

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

CharliesTheMan

If it's something important, do some googling on making hulu work on custom roms, and patching roms for hulu.

On the Nexus 7 it was an issue on custom roms. When paradigm came out hulu didn't work but one of our users needed it, so Adrynalyne did some work in the Rom, I think it was DRM related, and it worked perfect once he fixed it.

Do some research on it and when you find interesting stuff just come back and post it in this thread. Then we can put our brains together and see what we can figure out and the devs that are willing can try and incorporate the fix.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

matteebee

Apr 9, 2011
Seattle
If it's something important, do some googling on making hulu work on custom roms, and patching roms for hulu.

On the Nexus 7 it was an issue on custom roms. When paradigm came out hulu didn't work but one of our users needed it, so Adrynalyne did some work in the Rom, I think it was DRM related, and it worked perfect once he fixed it.

Do some research on it and when you find interesting stuff just come back and post it in this thread. Then we can put our brains together and see what we can figure out and the devs that are willing can try and incorporate the fix.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately it's just not that important. Relocking the bootloader did get rid of the popup from the earlier screenshot error but I get audio and a black screen. The odd part is the network logo is displaying but video is black?! I know there are scripts and apps to run said scripts on boot etc. but honestly if Hulu wants to make it so difficult they can go f themselves. Their content is just not worth it. It's mostly principle and proof of concept. Hulu can rot.

CharliesTheMan

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately it's just not that important. Relocking the bootloader did get rid of the popup from the earlier screenshot error but I get audio and a black screen. The odd part is the network logo is displaying but video is black?! I know there are scripts and apps to run said scripts on boot etc. but honestly if Hulu wants to make it so difficult they can go f themselves. Their content is just not worth it. It's mostly principle and proof of concept. Hulu can rot.

Have you contacted hulu? I saw that other thread you posted in after I had posted my reply in this one. I was just wondering if you emailed them and got a response? If not I'm gonna shoot them an email.

Reactions: matteebee

matteebee

Apr 9, 2011
Seattle
Have you contacted hulu? I saw that other thread you posted in after I had posted my reply in this one. I was just wondering if you emailed them and got a response? If not I'm gonna shoot them an email.

I have not. My symptom is that I get audio and a network logo but a black screen in the app. Browser says device not supported. Flash enabled, desktop view, doesn't matter. I'm s-off so I've tried locked bootloader, unlocked, everything short of running a script on boot. Hulu is just too finicky for me. I spent hours with my webOS phone hexediting your flashplayers identifier from webOS to windows and I can confirm it works there, but just don't feel like putting in the hours here. Netflix, directv, xfinity player, hbogo all work flawlessly. If you want to pursue it with them, please keep me in the loop. I usually end up cursing and elevating my blood pressure all over a matter of principle. Bah!

Stay thirsty, my friends

fireguy0306

Jun 18, 2010
I didn't think the it ever worked via the browser, for any phone. What error does the app give you?

armydog13

Sep 26, 2012
Mangum
I have had no further issues since Hulu released their update on the Play store. Streaming great.

Sent from my Twisted Double Helix running Digital Dream 1.6 with Beastmode kernel set at 192/1.51 Lionheart with bfq scheduler. 594 Max screen off.

Reactions: matteebee

matteebee

Apr 9, 2011
Seattle
I have had no further issues since Hulu released their update on the Play store. Streaming great.

Sent from my Twisted Double Helix running Digital Dream 1.6 with Beastmode kernel set at 192/1.51 Lionheart with bfq scheduler. 594 Max screen off.

I can confirm update after 5/10 working NOS M7 SENSE5. Not working Bad Seeds Sense5 port, I think ad block mod kills it.

Stay thirsty, my friends

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't remember if it ever worked for me. I almost want to unroot and re lock just to get it to work if it will.