Official updates discussion Thread

Search This thread

laufersteppenwolf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 1, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
droideveloper.com
Like the title says, this is the Thread where all discussions about (Jelly Bean) updates for the LG Optimus 4xHD should take place.

Eagleeyetom and I decided to create this one to have all discussions together in one Thread and not in thousand Threads.
All other Threads will be closed and/or deleten.

Old downloads

Due to current activities i'm gonna say it again: please keep this thread clean!

So, happy discussing guys :D

Cheers

Last edited:

Xenogenics

Jul 15, 2012
Re: Official JB discussion Thread

Reserved for future important data. :D

-Edit #3

Bootloader unlocked. Check other threads for more info.

Sent from my (Rooted, CWMed, v10h) LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Eagleeyetom and I decided to create this one to have all JB discussions together in one Thread and not in thousand Threads.

So happy discussing guys :D

Cheers
odd is, you redirect comments from a thread back from oct. 2012, and now make this new one from today? i believe moderators normally would close such double posts? or this is now ruled out becuase it comes from a mod? thats a vierd policy.

i would have tought original post would have gotten tagged, and this one closed :) that is how other sections work, you do not kill old posts, just dupes in new clothes.

adverserath

Dec 17, 2011

Ooh yey jelly bean is coming, now we can all discuss the same thing constantly in one thread.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Xenogenics

Jul 15, 2012

True, but we can't all be excellent moderators can we? I understand the feeling of having inexperienced ones, but they can't all be winners. At the same time, I also doubt the ability of the person who chooses moderators at times. Haha.

Even so, I pray that their judgement is logically and they will take the most effective and not the most efficient way of redirecting spam and double posts, while highlighting the really important and useful threads at the same time.

Last edited:

laufersteppenwolf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 1, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
droideveloper.com
odd is, you redirect comments from a thread back from oct. 2012, and now make this new one from today? i believe moderators normally would close such double posts? or this is now ruled out becuase it comes from a mod? thats a vierd policy.

i would have tought original post would have gotten tagged, and this one closed :) that is how other sections work, you do not kill old posts, just dupes in new clothes.

The truth is, all JB related Threads got closed (--> oct. 12) and redirected to this one in hope, that everyone undertands it and doesn't open a new thread about LG finalizing JB, LG testing another Beta, a new Beta being online,... and so on..

hernestwisnu

Feb 11, 2013
Jakarta

Like most guys said, it's not the JB that matters, but the bootloader unlock. Can't wait to see the possibilities of this device when the Kraken is unleashed.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

PontiacGTX

Dec 28, 2012
I have read that some people get overheated P880s but a unlocked bootloader plus develop a new ROM for it could reduce the temps? or this is fixed with a update of firmware?

eagleeyetom

Retired Senior Mod & DC Lead - Active Pole Dancer
Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

Yes that's the usual way, but bear in mind that Jellybean to your phones is about to be released, so having a clean thread is better in my opinion. Having dozens of threads is not a solution, hence my decision.
I really encourage some of you to hit the report button. We're not omnipotent to know where someone is calling a mod. Hitting the report button takes few seconds and some of us will pop up really fast. That's a profit to both sides.

profyler

Oct 5, 2012
Sâo Paulo
v10f/v10h doesnt matter that the version is for Europe? see that I am in venezuela , and what are the difference between V10F and V10H??? which one reduces more the temperature? I am new with LG

10f implemented some improvement over the heating problem, so 10h also does have this implementation.
if you play a game then it doent matter what fw do you have, its still going to heat a lot.

lets get back on topic. your question should`nt be on this thread.

iceroll

Jan 6, 2013
So when are we expecting the JB update exactly? Is it different for every place? I'm in Canada

ljubisa_sk

Jan 8, 2009
Funny thing that everyone discuss about 4.2 and we here about 4.1.2, so what about 4.2, is it ever gonna get out OFFICIALLY from LG??

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Odp: Official JB discussion Thread

It's not so easy to say when they will release JB but I think that on end of this year. Only different thing is releasing time for all countries.

Dafuq o_O
LG claimed they soon will end testing updates for 4X, L9 and L7 and release it, so why end of the year? It was said, it's 1. quarter of 2013. (LG Netherlands and Open Source already said it..)

And remember that LG is changing its face (if not, they for sure won't update L7)

Last edited:

Xenogenics

Jul 15, 2012

I wonder when will phone manufacturers realise that the best course of action would be, they focus on the hardware, let the public talents focus on the software.

But hey, I love to hear different perspectives.

mastershefis

Mar 16, 2011
Amsterdam
Dafuq o_O
LG claimed they soon will end testing updates for 4X, L9 and L7 and release it, so why end of the year? It was said, it's 1. quarter of 2013. (LG Netherlands and Open Source already said it..)

And remember that LG is changing its face (if not, they for sure won't update L7)

I know LG for several years and still never happened, that it would fulfilled what they promised. Of course I'm glad that at least I see that they are working on i, but I'm still skeptical about their words. I have two LG phones and each time the schedule update shifted at least a year. The only thing what left to do is wait and pray for the unlocking of BL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol, the main problem was, that in recovery there was no cp or mv commands.
    i had to do adb push busybox to /temp/busybox and copy files like this:
    /temp/busybox cp /data/rootkit/su /system/xbin/

But as a result...
    confirmed - unlocked bootloader is working on 4.1.2

we got unlocked bootloader now. CONFIRMED and 100% working

thanks to SkyDev again for his work, it got me working with the final part and tested it.

see this post for recovery image and unsecure boot image install and download
    Like the title says, this is the Thread where all discussions about (Jelly Bean) updates for the LG Optimus 4xHD should take place.

Eagleeyetom and I decided to create this one to have all discussions together in one Thread and not in thousand Threads.

Old downloads

Due to current activities i'm gonna say it again: please keep this thread clean!

So, happy discussing guys :D

Cheers
    Ladies & Gents of the Optimus 4X HD section.

It's getting tiring having to constantly monitor & clean this thread of useless and spam like posts.
    Either they stop, or this thread gets locked and the users concerned take a well earned break from XDA.
    Guys... I don't own the page, I'm not the OP, I'm just a user like you are but, please, this is a forum, the threads are suppose to mean something more than simple comments...
    Its a forum not a chat room...
    Everytime I see a thread highlighted I open it , in the end I realise that is just a meaningless answer to a meaningless question/opinion.
    For sure its not only me, others will feel the same, its frustrating...
    Thank you.