[Q] GT-P5113 not booting to OS, Tried everything please help

Search This thread

Danz777

May 20, 2014
First of all thanks for your help in advance.

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 which I bought the way it is right now. It turns on and I can access recovery and download mode without any problems, but it will not boot into the actual OS. After turning on it will go straight to recovery. When rebooted from within recovery or by ODIN after flashing a ROM it will simply turn off and start charging. It will not turn on without having to unplug the cable. This is what I have tried:

- Flashed stock 4.1.1 from SamMobile using Odin 3.09 and Odin 1.85 there were no errors but same problem
- Flashed stock 4.2.2 from SamMobile using Odin 3.09 and Odin 1.85 there were no errors but same problem
- Installed CWM Touch 6.0.1.2 and wiped Dalvik cache and factory reset a few times after flashing each firmware version
- Installed TWRP 2.7.0.1 and wiped Dalvik cache, cache, data and factory reset a few times after flashing each firmware version
- Flashed each firmware and did stock factory reset and wiped cache each time
- Took it apart and removed battery for a few hours and tried every combination of what was mentioned again
- Downloaded "signed_espresso_20120220_16G.pit" and flashed a few times and redid all combinations again

On CWM no command gives any errors but on TWRP I do not get the "successful" notice when wiping Data, it kicks me out to the lock screen with no errors mentioned. Also on TWRP, when trying to fix permissions I get a failed error. When flashing stock 4.2.2 I get the "No command" and an error while trying to wipe cache follow by the device turning off. On the stock 4.1.1 ROM I get no errors whatsoever.

So as you may imagine I have spent numerous hours on Google and this forum and have not found a way to make it work. Please let me know if there is anything else I might be able to try. Thanks

I have the same problem but I know what I did to cause it.

Well, I don't know if you solved your problem, but I just registered to ask the same question. ONLY I KNOW HOW IT GOT THAT WAY. while messing around with learning how to flash new ROMs I executed a command that I didn't know what expect... mkntfs and followed through with mmcblk0p1 or mmcblk0p10... i'm not real sure which partition I messed up. but now I don't know how to reverse the thing and I have the exact problem you have.

Also I can't find a good reference source for Aroma File Manager's Terminal console. I'm just learning about Linux, CPM/android or whatever we call it these days.

Do I have to fix the kernel or is there a way to undo that command "mkntfs" in AromaFM?????? :confused:

I TOO have the GT-P5113XAR but one of the aborted rom installations said it's a GT-5113RF, what is that????

Last edited:

Danz777

May 20, 2014
Well, I don't know if you solved your problem, but I just registered to ask the same question. ONLY I KNOW HOW IT GOT THAT WAY. while messing around with learning how to flash new ROMs I executed a command that I didn't know what expect... mkntfs and followed through with mmcblk0p1 or mmcblk0p10... i'm not real sure which partition I messed up. but now I don't know how to reverse the thing and I have the exact problem you have.

Also I can't find a good reference source for Aroma File Manager's Terminal console. I'm just learning about Linux, CPM/android or whatever we call it these days.

Do I have to fix the kernel or is there a way to undo that command "mkntfs" in AromaFM?????? :confused:

I TOO have the GT-P5113XAR but one of the aborted rom installations said it's a GT-5113RF, what is that????

Thanks for the reply. I frankly don't know much about what you said, but I decided to order a new board for the device and got it to work again. Now, super-duper-mega-smart-me decided to flash the same 4.2.2 ROM I got from Sammobile and guess what, the EXACT same problem occurred. I am hoping someone can helps us! Right now I am researching different ROM's and realized there are 2 kinds, XAR and XAC so I will experiment and let you know if I get any progress!

Last edited:

shakatu

May 31, 2012
Flash P5113UEUCMK3 using PDA in Odin while in download mode should be all. You shouldn't have needed any other files or whatever...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: GalaxyBrickMaker

Danz777

May 20, 2014
Flash P5113UEUCMK3 using PDA in Odin while in download mode should be all. You shouldn't have needed any other files or whatever...

Thanks for the reply. Actually you are right, all that had to be done was exactly that. However in my case the real problem, mentioned just so other people can see this if they have the same problem, was that the flex cable that charges the tablet was defective. I took the device apart and decided to unplug piece by piece turning the device on after each cable was unplugged and low and behold after disconnecting the charger flex it went straight to the OS instead of recovery. Weirdest thing ever, hope it helps someone else.

Danz777

May 20, 2014
I still haven't learned how to reverse a mkntfs command.

In your case, based on what I have researched here is what you can try. Get into download mode, open ODIN, click on PIT and flash file "signed_espresso_20120220_16G.pit" which can be found in this forum, just do a search. After flashing the PIT go to SamMobile and download a ROM, preferably MK3 and flash using ODIN. After this it should work, hope it does for you!

Edit: Here is the link for the PIT: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2552155

Last edited:
thanks

"signed_espresso_20120220_16G.pit"
which can be found in this forum, just do a search.

After flashing the PIT go to SamMobile and download a ROM, preferably MK3 and flash using ODIN. After this it should work, hope it does for you!

Edit: Here is the link for the PIT:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2552155

thank you for the informaiton I will let you know how it goes.. also can I flash any ROM after this or should I do the SAMMOBILE one first no matter what?
I already have the P5113XARUEU_P5113CSC...... file, but right before3 i messed it up I had Kit Kat running.

Danz777

May 20, 2014

After flashing the PIT go to SamMobile and download a ROM, preferably MK3 and flash using ODIN. After this it should work, hope it does for you!

thank you for the information I will let you know how it goes.. also can I flash any ROM after this or should I do the SAMMOBILE one first no matter what?
I already have the P5113XARUEU_P5113CSC...... file, but right before3 i messed it up I had Kit Kat running.

Sorry for the late reply, had a busy week. You probably already fixed it but it is my understanding you need to flash a stock ROM to get things going again and once that works make a backup of the working ROM using CWM recovery or similar and then flash whatever else on top of that to prevent further bricks. Thanks

Last edited:
more info please

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 which I bought the way it is right now. It turns on and I can access recovery and download mode without any problems, but it will not boot into the actual OS. After turning on it will go straight to recovery. When rebooted from within recovery or by ODIN after flashing a ROM it will simply turn off and start charging. It will not turn on without having to unplug the cable. This is what I have tried:

- Flashed stock 4.1.1 from SamMobile using Odin 3.09 and Odin 1.85 there were no errors but same problem
- Flashed stock 4.2.2 from SamMobile using Odin 3.09 and Odin 1.85 there were no errors but same problem
- Installed CWM Touch 6.0.1.2 and wiped Dalvik cache and factory reset a few times after flashing each firmware version
- Installed TWRP 2.7.0.1 and wiped Dalvik cache, cache, data and factory reset a few times after flashing each firmware version
- Took it apart and removed battery for a few hours and tried every combination of what was mentioned again
- Downloaded "signed_espresso_20120220_16G.pit" and flashed a few times and redid all combinations again

On CWM no command gives any errors but on TWRP I do not get the "successful" notice when wiping Data, it kicks me out to the lock screen with no errors mentioned. Also on TWRP, when trying to fix permissions I get a failed error. When flashing stock 4.2.2 I get the "No command" and an error while trying to wipe cache follow by the device turning off. On the stock 4.1.1 ROM I get no errors whatsoever.

So as you may imagine I have spent numerous hours on Google and this forum and have not found a way to make it work. Please let me know if there is anything else I might be able to try. Thanks

Fortunately I got mine working again and now I have some more insight for you. Are there any errors showing when you're trying to install aarom?also if you use console in aroma file managercan you list all 11 or 12 partitions and aer they all available for you to access?

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I tried both things that you told me to try the pit file it might have helped but it didn't make it any different, there was still an error trying to find efs while flashing and I tried it almost everything the other guy here tried and nothing worked so I had to go learn some Linux and some Unix. After a couple weeks of studying what command does what, and realizing I should have learned Unix with the rest of my friends and back in high school. I came up with that make FS ext4 command.. as I said before I knew which command I used to mess it up so I figured since the mkntfs command was the one that messed itt up with them this one might work and I used it and it worked I was able to install a ROM 2 days ago. Apologize for my typing my hands hurt and I'm just using voice.

Reactions: Danz777

Danz777

May 20, 2014
Fortunately I got mine working again and now I have some more insight for you. Are there any errors showing when you're trying to install aarom?also if you use console in aroma file managercan you list all 11 or 12 partitions and aer they all available for you to access?

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I tried both things that you told me to try the pit file it might have helped but it didn't make it any different, there was still an error trying to find efs while flashing and I tried it almost everything the other guy here tried and nothing worked so I had to go learn some Linux and some Unix. After a couple weeks of studying what command does what, and realizing I should have learned Unix with the rest of my friends and back in high school. I came up with that make FS ext4 command.. as I said before I knew which command I used to mess it up so I figured since the mkntfs command was the one that messed itt up with them this one might work and I used it and it worked I was able to install a ROM 2 days ago. Apologize for my typing my hands hurt and I'm just using voice.

I am glad you finally got it working. I never did play much with Aroma since my problem ended up being that defective cable but I will definitely consider learning those commands just in case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the reply. Actually you are right, all that had to be done was exactly that. However in my case the real problem, mentioned just so other people can see this if they have the same problem, was that the flex cable that charges the tablet was defective. I took the device apart and decided to unplug piece by piece turning the device on after each cable was unplugged and low and behold after disconnecting the charger flex it went straight to the OS instead of recovery. Weirdest thing ever, hope it helps someone else.
    I still haven't learned how to reverse a mkntfs command.

In your case, based on what I have researched here is what you can try. Get into download mode, open ODIN, click on PIT and flash file "signed_espresso_20120220_16G.pit" which can be found in this forum, just do a search. After flashing the PIT go to SamMobile and download a ROM, preferably MK3 and flash using ODIN. After this it should work, hope it does for you!

Edit: Here is the link for the PIT: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2552155

thank you for the information I will let you know how it goes.. also can I flash any ROM after this or should I do the SAMMOBILE one first no matter what?

Sorry for the late reply, had a busy week. You probably already fixed it but it is my understanding you need to flash a stock ROM to get things going again and once that works make a backup of the working ROM using CWM recovery or similar and then flash whatever else on top of that to prevent further bricks. Thanks
    more info please