[ROM][JB][4.1.2][TouchWiz] EMBRYO 6 -11 (The Gold Standard) [14-APR-2013]

Search This thread

style154

Jun 23, 2012
San Tan Valley
Need to update the OP. The 01 and 02 should be flashed in the same session...I am not sure why you cannot see the sdcard..

In twrp 2.3.3 I tried flashing them right after another but got a failed on 02 then just flashed rotation fix for my device and tmo radio then after bootong went bacl to recovery and 02 was visible and successful... it is weird but I guess it works unless you think it will cause issues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
In twrp 2.3.3 I tried flashing them right after another but got a failed on 02 then just flashed rotation fix for my device and tmo radio then after bootong went bacl to recovery and 02 was visible and successful... it is weird but I guess it works unless you think it will cause issues?

This must be some issue with TWRP. Sorry, you might have to ask the dev as to why it is doing.

Well the 02 is basically a data wipe pack. I.e. for some reason you wiped data, you can just flash the data pack (yeah there is a method to the madness, also the space is tight in /system on our device, hence the move to data, which has been since Embryo 5.x IIRC). Although I am not sure why TWRP does not let you do it, not comfortable with that :). CWM6 by sk8's work's fine, you flash the first one, you choose again and flash the next one.

crashpsycho

Jun 10, 2011
PHOENIX AZ
Nice work mohan running smoother then anything

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Twrp is a straight nogo ran into same issue flased cwm no issue

Brad.S.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
Twrp is a straight nogo ran into same issue flased cwm no issue

I flashed with TWRP.
As said above, adding all three files to the que results in a Fail on file 02.
My steps for TWRP:

Wiped all that needed to be (from op)

Installed file 01
Reboot RECOVERY
Flashed file 02
Reboot RECOVERY
And lastly flashed file 03

I had to reboot recovery each time because twrp was confusing the Internal for external SD.
When choosing either internal or external on the flash menu, they had the same contents.

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
Using TWRP 2.3.0.0 to install Embryo 6

I use TWRP 2.3.3.0

Select Wipe from main menu
Select System and confirm when prompted
Select Dalvik Cache and confirm when prompted
Select Factory Reset and conform when prompted (wipes data and cache)

Go back to main menu and select Install

Navigate to the correct directory and select the zip(s) you want to install.

I was successful with both selecting the zips one at a time and installing the base, data, and nexus boot flash all at once.

I did not reboot between flashes when I did the files one at a time.

The second time I used TWRP's multi flash feature and did them all at once. They will install in the order you choose them.

Edit: I was on CM 10, 12/29/12 nightly.
Edit2: All files were on External SD card

Last edited:

sanstrom

Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver,Wa
A...MAZING

This rom is as perfect as a TW rom can get. One thing I notice and it's probably related to the frameworks but svoice doesn't work to take pictures for me. It's not even a feature I'd use but I was just messing with it. Anyone else get "capture" or "shoot" to work in the camera app? Yes I turned on voice control and s-voice. THANKS FOR THIS ROM!!!!

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
Perfect, followed the op, all perfect, great job sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    POST UPDATED: 13-APR-2013
    IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE FLASHING
    BATTERY LIFE ISSUES: READ POST #1760

[13-APR-2013]
    NOTE: if you are restoring from Nandroid or screwed up /preload. See post #4 for a CWM zip to recover back.

[18-MAR-2013] Post #4 has the Xposed removal and installation zip. See Post #1690 for more details.

[14-MAR-2013] All radios are supported EMBRYO-6.8 onwards.
    - [11-MAR-2013] EMBRYO-6.6 (rolled up the full ROM) fixes the Google Play FC.
    - [09-MAR-2013] Post #4 Has any addons or reverts if available.
    - EMBRYO-6.5 (Both update to 6.4 provided and the Full ROM)
    - EMBRYO-6.4 Please read the changelog, prior to flashing the update.
    - EMBRYO-6.3 includes the Xposed Framework (thanks to rovo89 for the F/W and tungstwenty for the App settings module). Please hit their thanks button. Also see post #3 for details.
    - Please read and UNDERSTAND this post, post #2, post #5 (consolidated FAQ, but check and make sure it is still applicable).
    This is a DEV Thread, if you cannot provide logs (search this thread for how to provide logs), don't bother posting, as it is going to be useless. If the thread gets cluttered, I will ask the thread to be LOCKED, as I don't have time to peruse the thread.
    - If you cannot post a logcat or having a issue. Go to the Q&A thread, someone can help you, I will try to track that thread. Q&A Thread.
    - If you want themes, other tip or show off battery life, there is a discussion thread in the General Forum (started by xcrazydx). Embryo Discussion thread.
    - You MUST install either UCLK4 or UCLL3 radio, NO OTHER RADIO WILL WORK, for now. Embryo-6.8 onwards all radios are supported. If you are using the radios from the link, flash it *before* flashing the ROM.
    - Do NOT MESS with the ROM. Don't push stuff in /system, uninstall stuff that you don't know, things WILL break and don't ask for a solution.
    - If you require Kies, Sammy SNS feaures, you MUST install the bloat pack otherwise, things will NOT work as you might think. Everything is installed in /data so you can install it from the launcher in app drawer.

1) For those who have flashed Embryo before, know this already. EMBRYO Rom is a daily driver rom, if your intention is otherwise, please be good and move on, no need to waste a post in this thread. In addition, the ROM is infinitely customizable (toggle for everything) and packed with supercharged features on top of the Samsung TouchWiz ROM, via the ROMCustomizer. In effect, theming is going to be extremely sparse (currently the statusbar icons), some theming is in 6.1. If someone wants to provide me with icon sets for a consistent theme, I will be happy to make a zip.

2) I always do clean room implementation. Being a stickler for quality, I will not put a mod in that I don't fully understand and implement it myself.

The current incarnation is based of the UCLL3 JellyBean leak for the skyrocket (thanks to the source).

You are assuming all the risk for flashing this. You have been warned.

It takes a lot of time, patience and hard work to do the mods that are here. Please do not use any parts of the ROM or Mods without my permission. Savvy?

FEATURES, CHANGELOG AND IMPORTANT NOTES PLEASE READ
    There are too many, but the ROMCustomizer has been revamped and some options have been removed has the JB leak have those features already.

13-APR-2013
    * [6.11] updated to UCMC1 binaries and other binary blobs.
    * [6.11] updated to Cymbaline 3.6
    * [6.11] Added BLN support in ROM Customizer.
    * [6.11] Swype keyboard updated (14-APR-2013), if you are facing issue with Swype please read post #1937.

07-APR-2013
    * [6.10] fix for soft reboots when using samsung lockscreen. Hoping this is it.
    * [6.10] Samsung lockscreen enabled 5 shortcuts
    * [6.10] updated yahoo urls, so weather on AOSP lockscreen should work.
    * [6.10] FULL WIPE ONLY: changed default lockscreen wallpaper and default wallpaper to sgs4.

28-MAR-2013
    * [6.9] Removed Ink Effect settings. This should stop the random reboots, when Ripple effect is turned on.
    * [6.9] Added SGS4 wallpapers.
    * [6.9] Added SGS4 S-Voice. It is NOT installed by default. Uninstall existing S-Voice. Then go to Settings -> ROM Customizer -> APK Management -> Select User tab, you will see the apk, select and press install.
    * [6.9] SGS4 ringtones/alarms etc... installed in <sdcard>/[Alarms,Notifications,Ringtones]. If duplicates, delete them yourself.

All Galaxy S4 items from SamMobile (thanks) system dump read here.

14-MAR-2013

* [6.8] All Skyrockets radios supported. I have verified with couple, please let me know if it doesn't work. NOTE: The device status will show Network Unknown. It is informational, not deterimental. Will fix it later.

13-MAR-2013

* [6.7] uxuma7 migration: Moved all the binary blobs to UXUMA7.
    * [6.7] ROMCustomizer: various refactoring. Added Kernel Misc tab (currently USB force fast charge available).

11-MAR-2013

* [6.6] Moved Dialer from UXUMA7.
    * [6.6] perp ROMCustomizer for providing option to remove Xposed.
    * [6.6] Full ROM only, updated all Google apps, including lated TiBU and SuperSu.

09-MAR-2013
    * [6.5] Updated Performance Tweaks in ROMCustomizer to support Cymbaline 3 kernel. (o/c, u/v, gpu o/c)
    * [6.5] Included Cymbaline 3.1 kernel. (This forum has links for all the other stock kernels, ucll3, uclk4 etc.. if you need to revert).

18-FEB-2013

* [6.4] Added Signal Cluster features (text + hide).
    * [6.4] NOTE: Please DELETE any E-MAIL Accounts (Stock EMAIL app), prior to flashing the update, as the update will move the email back to /data.
    * [6.4] Moved ClockPackage back to /preload from /data

10-FEB-2013

* [6.3] Integrated Xposed Framework (thanks to rovo89).. See Post #3 for more info.
    * [6.3] Xposed App Settings allows full fine grained DPI setting and more. See Post #3 for links and info.
    * [6.3] Common build process for outputting T989-bits (internal).
    * [6.3] Added signal level fix as an option in ROMCustomizer (Hit Signal Cluster) and enable and reboot if not already done. (mainly for T989 users).
    * [6.3] SystemUI 9.png fixes.
    * [6.3] Call recording, now shows up as button swaps out Add Call to In call screen as menu item. To disable this go to ROMCustomizer -> Misc App Tweaks -> Additional Call Settings and change.

01-FEB-2013

* [6.2] Custom Carrier label option. (Device Tweaks)
    * [6.2] Option to turn off No SIM notification.
    * [6.2] Enabled more Phone options
    * [6.2] Flashbar integrated, long press back kill app will be automatically disabled. NOTE: no split window yet and Multi-Window must be enabled.
    * [6.2] Fully transparent lockscreen option (both SAMSUNG and AOSP). Note: Ripple Effect must be OFF for Samsung Lockscreen full transparency.
    * [6.2] Battery cluster text only added option to change color for different levels.
    * [6.2] Added more circle mod, later version will add changing color.
    * [6.2] Added Slim ROM lockscreen. Three lockscreens available AOSP Stock, Circles and Blackberry. NOTE: BB10 lockscreen is work in progress, the shade effect needs work. Also clock alignment option needs to be fixed. (thanks to Slim team)
    * [6.2] Internal refactored ROMCustomizer.
    * [6.2] Changed all opacity to transparency, please reset to your values if on 6.1
    * [6.2] Complete overhaul of Notification Panel, bunch of styling option available, including notification row alpha settings. (if you don't want any notification, set alpha to 100%)
    * [6.2] Option to remove text for 23 mod toggle ROMCustomizer -> Theme
    * [6.2] Install bloat package option added, this would be for a consolidated full rom 6.2 option.

14-JAN-2013

* [6.1] PDroid patched !! Please install the App from Settings -> ROMCustomizer -> Updates screen.
    * [6.1] Smart Stay Enabled and working
    * [6.1] Face Lock Added (that should be the end of the constant requests)
    * [6.1] Patched ink effect bits. Ink Effect will not WORK. Please don't ask..
    * [6.1] Lockscreen Rotation: bug fix (and renamed to LockScreen Rotation instead of LockScreen landscape).
    * [6.1] RippleWall and Deep Sea Live Wallpaper added. You must install it from ROMCustomizer -> Updates.
    * [6.1] statusbar: option to remove the status indicator for 23 mod toggle (ROMCustomizer -> Themeing)
    * [6.1] 23-Mod Toggle: fixed layouts for our device, it is much cleaner now.
    * [6.1] statusbar: changed to old embryo Blue circle mod. As a bonus, you can configure the battery in ROMCustomizer, available mods, text, circle, cm style thin and disapper
    * [6.1] statusbar: clock and date can be configured on click and long press. So you can control 4 shortcuts. (ROMCustomizer -> Clock)
    * [6.1] statusbar: Added Clock in notif panel. The clear button stickiness disabled and can be replaced by battery status (thanks to AOKP for inspiration).
    * [6.1] statusbar: granular control of changing color text: date, clock and remaining text in notification panel. (controlled via ROMCustomizer)
    * [6.1] statusbar: notification panel wallpaper setting. NOTE: the signal will come as disabled. Just dial out and it will be restored. Otherwise reboot.
    * [6.1] statusbar: Configurable option to control opacity/transparency of the statusbar and notification panel (note: notifications background not yet there)
    * [6.1] Themed Blue all over (borrowed few icons from xcrazydx thanks). I got most of it, but few apks' are still remaining.
    * [6.1] I have provided the vlingo apk in ROMCustomizer -> Updates, for those who want it.
    * [6.1] cannot remember any more, bunch of core clean up...

31-DEC-2012

* [6.0] my insecure boot kernel. DO NOT FLASH ANY OTHER KERNEL.
    * [6.0] Multiwindow (not working). Please disable in Display -> Settings. removed in 6.1, provided FlashBar add-on
    * [6.0] Smart Stay (not working). Enabled in 6.1
    * [6.0] IMPORTANT: Screenshot keys remmapped to Power + Vol down.
    * [6.0] Full 23-toggle treatment. (Use the advanced setting app to customize).
    * [6.0] Configurable Extended Power Menu (including ScreenShot and Data Mode). Go to ROMCustomizer for configuration.
    * [6.0] statusbar: Bunch of toggles for StatusBar notifications and icons.
    * [6.0] statusbar: AOKP style statusbar clock configuration (including color).
    * [6.0] statusbar: 1% battery mod.
    * [6.0] email: toggle for bypassing all exchange policies. Please enable the toggle first before configuring e-mail.
    * [6.0] S-Voice integrated.
    * [6.0] Note-2: Gallery2 integrated.
    * [6.0] Bunch of Easter Eggs in WiFi Advanced Settings Menu. (Please let me know if somethings does not work).
    * [6.0] contacts: disabled permanently, ATT subscriber check.
    * [6.0] mms: read/send delivery reports.
    * [6.0] mms: bumped recipients to more than 10, although it is network provider dependent.
    * [6.0] mms: bunch of options in MMS settings, too many to list here.
    * [6.0] network: preferred network mode setting enabled (requires SIM unlock and RAT unlocked radio).
    * [6.0] network: Native tethering enabled, important this will piggyback on your existing APN, not the standard ATT tethering APN.
    * [6.0] network: bluetooth tethering enabled.
    * [6.0] network: Internet calling enabled.
    * [6.0] dialer: Call barring enabled
    * [6.0] dialer: toggle for Exit to Home on End Call.
    * [6.0] dialer: toggle for Ascending RingTone.
    * [6.0] dialer: Voice call recording enabled.. You have to hit the menu button in the In call screen. The recording can be played back via the VoiceRecorder app.
    * [6.0] wallpapers: unlocked all papers and moved them to /data/wallpapers.
    * [6.0] nexus 7 bootanimation, toggle available to disable and if you wish to change drop it in the location as specified in the toggle.
    * [6.0] launcher: toggle for wallpaper scrolling
    * [6.0] Lockscreen: toggle for Ripple Lock.
    * [6.0] Lockscreen: toggle for quick pin unlock.
    * [6.0] Lockscreen: toggle for landscape mode.
    * [6.0] Lockscreen: toggle for wake on volume keys.
    * [6.0] Lockscreen: long press volume buttons for music control (only for Sammy Music Player).
    * [6.0] system: enabled the clear button in addition to the quick setting button in the notification drawer.
    * [6.0] system: toggle for long press back key to kill app.
    * [6.0] system: AOKP style LCD Density changer.
    * [6.0] system: toggle for ad-blocking.
    * [6.0] system: toggle for GPS configuration.
    * [6.0] system: toggle for boot sound, animation.
    * [6.0] system: toggle for shutdown sound, animation.
    * [6.0] system: toggle for activating and deactivating init scripts. (Note: the init scripts are disabled by default).
    * [6.0] system: CPU underclock only. I/O scheduler setting.
    * [6.0] more stuff..will update.

No known major issues except for the ones listed here:

* MultiWindow is currently experimental. It is a work in progress, please disable it in Settings -> Display.. Removed in 6.1, if you want flashbar see post #2 addons. Added back in 6.2
    * Smart Stay and Smart Rotate: Smart Stay working in 6.1

- Huge thanks to the source who wishes to be anonymous.
    - Samsung ofcourse, for doing a phenomenal job with the stock rom.
    - wanam and lidroid for the 23 toggle mod.
    - battery mod thread for the battery mod.
    - Nexus 7 bootanimation, thanks to obtained
    - AOKP (and CM) for ROMCustomizer inspiration.
    - CollegeDev for PDroid-2.0 app, hit his thanks here.
    - mateorod and pasttime for leading the way for the core patches. Hit thanks here.
    - Xposed Framework (thanks to rovo89 for the F/W and tungstwenty for the App settings module)

Download and installation instructions

PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS EXACTLY AND IN THAT ORDER
    , do not try to be cute and invent your own process, nothing good is come out of that. Also, the only recovery I have tested is CWM 6 from sk8, no other recovery has been tested, the update script depends on the recovery providing reliable execution of the commands. If your recovery is doing it's job and have verified the MD5SUM, you should be good and don't have to deviate. Don't do nonsense like wipe 3x, fix permissions, etc..identify the problem that led you to deviate instead of crap shoot. Because, you will be hosed anyways..
    Step 0) Do a Nandroid Backup, better yet make sure you have a backup of your SDCARD
    Step 0a) Did you do the above? Do it NOW!!
    Step 1) Download the full rom to your sdcard or download to your PC and move it to your sdcard.
    Step 2) Make sure to check the MD5SUM of the ROM. (Check the MD5SUM on the device, not your PC)
    Step 3) Boot into Recovery.
    Step 4) Go to "mounts and storage". Format /system.
    Step 5) execute "format wipe data/cache partition"
    Step 6) Select and install the downloaded zip. (do NOT reboot yet)
    Step 6a) Flash any patches now (Embryo 6.3 has a patch see attachments)
    Step 7) If no errors, reboot. If you are having errors, the root of the internal sdcard will have a log file, starting with "embryo...", look into it or pastebin.
    Step 8) Reboot
    Step 9) Let it go through the install process. You will see the bootanimation kick in, touch-key light up and then install applications. If your touch-key does not light up, your are screwed, bad flash..look at the recovery log as mentioned in Step 7).
    Step 10) Don't interact with the flashing process for at least 10 minutes, a lot of background services are going to building their cache, so don't interrupt, be patient.

Step 11) Follow Any POST Installation stuff below.

(This is mainly for the base full ROM install)
    * First thing you want to do is, goto SuperSU and update su binary dialog.
    * Do NOT restore system data, you will be borked.
    * Be careful restoring other apps and data. I have moved most of the ROM apps to data partitions. Which means, do NOT do a wholesale restore of data, you will probably be completely borked. Restore 1 app at a time, if you can.
    * Let the ROM settle down for couple of days.
    * All bloat and apps moved to data are available to install via ROM Customizer. Settings -> ROMCustomizer -> Apk Management.

It is fairly simple. Download the update zip and flash. Don't need to wipe cache or data, unless I say so in the instructions below. If you messed around with core apks, then they will be replaced, you will have to redo the mods or whatever, do NOT waste a post. And remember more of me and less of you is a good thing :D.

* Make sure you backup data just in case.
    * Download the zip to your phone. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE MD5SUM
    * Boot into recovery (you can use the power menu or toggle)
    * Select zip and flash.
    * Wait for the full boot to complete, you will see Android is upgrading message

This download is for a clean installation of Embryo. For updates see the section below.

* [07-APR-2013] [EMBRYO-6.10] [FULL ROM] Requires complete /system, /data and cache wipe. Please see the installation instructions above. This is LARGE file, please make sure to check the MD5SUM.!!!

ATT-SGH-I727-EMBRYO-6.10-FULL.zip (md5sum: 158efcccaac9c5103552a642abb8aa94)

NONE at the moment.

DOWNLOADS UPDATES ONLY

* [14-APR-2013] [EMBRYO-6.11] [UPDATE] You MUST be on EMBRYO-6.5 or above. Download zip and just flash in recovery, nothing else needs to be done.

EMBRYO-6.11-update.zip (md5sum: bc3c4ec8a21f53dc0dfb35e168bbaf49)

* [07-APR-2013] [EMBRYO-6.10] [UPDATE] You MUST be on EMBRYO-6.5 or EMBRYO-6.6 or EMBRYO-6.7 or EMBRYO-6.8 or EMBRYO-6.9. Download zip and just flash in recovery, nothing else needs to be done.

EMBRYO-6.10-update.zip (md5sum: 26a0f8f0ee9fa0ec50cc5bdee6c57edd)

Make sure you check the notes in the download links to see if it is applicable to the version of EMBRYO (if it ends in .x then it is applicable to any one version).

* [14-JAN-2013] Flashbar add-on (no MULTIWINDOW). Also, if you want all apps please search for one floating around (I will not include it). In addition Multi-Window option in Settings -> Display MUST be turned on AND Hold Back to kill (Settings -> ROMCustomizer -> Device Mgmt) must be turned OFF. And do NOT ask for full MW functionality, read my timeline in this post. Download.

All back out's are here.

* [14-JAN-2013] Flashbar revert, if after you played around and want to remove it. Download.
    Xposed FAQ

Xposed F/W Integration
    This post will provide details about the Xposed Framework and its integation in Embryo (6.3) onwards. First and foremost:

* Do NOT install the Xposed framework, it is built-in. If you do, things will break, and do NOT post for help.
    * Do NOT install the Xposed TweakBox module, it is integrated with ROMCustomizer.
    * If you install any other Xposed module, the API's are changing regularly please make sure it is compatible with Xposed F/W 2.1.1 (that is the version that is included).

Also, in general any reflection AOP style effort has a performance cose, remember that!. Although I will try to leverage Xposed framework judiciously, most of the time my option would be to do it natively.

Miscellaneous Information
    This section will cover some general information.

1) The Xposed App Settings is included in EMBRYO-6.3 and above, please go to ROMCustomizer -> Apk Management -> Updates TAB, install it from there.

2) To activate the APP Settings Modules to to ROMCustomizer -> Xposed -> Activate the module and reboot...

3) The Xposed APP Settings module gives you fine-grained DPI settings, please these post for some things you can do.

4) And yes, you can for example set the launcher to full screen, to completely disable the statusbar.
    Add-Ons

None of the recoveries seem to handle the /preload partition correctly (as of 13-APR-2013). I have created a zip that can be flashed on any version of EMBRYO-6 to restore the /preload correctly.

* [13-APR-2013] preload partition restore. Just flash in cwm, nothing else to do.

preload-nandroid-restore-EMBRYO-6.x-cwm.zip (md5sum:8a27308c9c6b18b74b249b3c12d72cf7)

This post will consolidate all add-ons and reverts.

* Rogers Bootanimation: Applicable to any version of Embryo. NOTE: The disabling of bootanimation will NOT work from ROMCustomizer.

- rogers-bootanimation-embryo-cwm.zip

* Removed Xposed F/W: Just download and flash in recovery. No other special instructions. IMPORTANT: All Xposed functionality, like Market fix and per APP DPI setting will be lost.

remove-Xposed-cwm.zip

* Install Xposed F/W. Just download and flash in recovery.

install-Xposed-cwm.zip
    Knowledge Base - A Work In Progress

This post was last updated on:
    1/2/2013 at 1:15pm Eastern Standard Time - Added radio information
    1/2/2013 at 8:15pm Eastern Standard Time - Added "Issues connecting USB storage to PC" and an Instagram section.
    1/5/2013 at 11am Eastern Standard Time - refined "water drop" solutions; explained init.d scripts in ROM Customizer; added mods/add-ons; refined USB connection section; updated list of radios

Please direct all non-development related discussion to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36285904. Got bugs, want to get rid of the drip, need an add-on, have a question? Go to that thread.

I'll try to consolidate all the FAQ-type knowledge for the basic user/newb/whatever. My goal is to not take away from mohan's instructions above. My goal is to help prevent as much idiocy as possible in the development section. We're all temporary idiots at some point, but I hope I can limit the repeated questions and "search the f'ing threat, newb" replies.

I'll need your help. I'm open to suggestions and feedback for this small project. Most importantly, if my post ever contradicts instructions in the OPs posts, please notify immediately so I can fix this.

Confirmed Radios working with this ROM
    There has been some discussion within this thread as of 31 December that not all Skyrocket radios will work with this rom (EMBRYO 6.0). Below are radios confirmed to function with the ROM with links to the individual posts that confirm them.

Confirmed radios that DO NOT work
    Ok, after flashing every radio I have (let me know if I've missed any) these are my results. Other users experience may vary. These were all tested in Missouri with towers nearby.

RUXLF3 - No signal, really slows system down. NOT WORKING
    UCALC4 - SEE BELOW
    UCLD2 - SEE BELOW
    UCLE2 - SEE BELOW
    UCLF5 - SEE BELOW
    UCLF6 - SEE BELOW
    UCLI3 - No signal bars, data worked momentarily then everything vanishes. Data speeds very fast. Not reliable at all.
    Verdict - NOT WORKING
    As of right now the only radios that work with any of the TW Jelly Bean roms, 1st leak, 2nd leak or Embryo 6.0 are UCLK4 and UCLL3.

Tinkering with screen density: Be Careful
    DO NOT change your screen density to that of the Nexus (which is 320) if you have your screen lock set to anything other than swipe. Meaning if you have to enter a pin or a pattern or a password do you not change the screen density. You will not be able to unlock your phone. I learned the hard way lol.

Battery life with this ROM

Overall, there has been good feedback regarding battery life. Please see pages 24-26 of this thread for battery feedback. As usual, a small portion of users are reporting poor battery life. These cases seem to be isolated issues associated with improper flashing methods and/or excessive wakelocks.

Issues connecting USB storage to PC
    This has affected at least a handful of users, including myself. The two posts below may help.

That will help for sure. Or, you can turn off the USB debugging (since it is turned on by default, cannot dev without it :)). No, it doesn't require any new drivers, but I did install the last latest and greatest driver don't remember the version. (I am running Win8 x64, btw and Ubuntu guest and USB works through to the guest fine too, I use virtual box of course, and trust me if you do any dev, the USB gotta be working :) and for me it has to work through VBox guest too). EDIT: if you really want to cleanly uninstall the USB in windows os. Download USBDView and locate all SAMSUNG devices and right click uninstall (reboot) and then reinstall the driver.

For those of you having problems connecting the phone to the PC.
    Even though settings>Wireless and networks > USB utilities >connect storage to PC just will not work............:(

Here's what I did:

I left USB debugging ON.
    Connected USB to the phone.
    Status bar will say "USB connected".
    Drop down the notification bar.
    Under "ONGOING". Touch where it says "USB connected" , and It will bring up the green ANDY with the USB arm.
    Touch "Turn on USB storage"
    USB mass storage!!! ANDY will turn orange.
    You should at this point get the autorun windows for both internal and external. Or just go to my computer.
    :highfive:
    Enjoy!!

Instagram issues solved hilariously by xcrazydx

is there any way to get HW overlays to stick in dev options? everything runs perfect except instagrams pictures, they are gone after you take a shot or very sketchy goes away and comes back when applying filters, but works perfect when HW overlays is disabled.. but doesnt stick on reboot.. .any suggestions?

Open up Google play store, go to my apps, find Instagram, click on it and push uninstall. Problem solved, life restored.

"I hate the water drop screen off sound. How can I get rid of it?"

You have at least three options to fix this.
    1) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2078587 << Guitarboarder28's thread dedicated to killing the drip

2)
    For anyone who is just as annoyed as me by the stupid water drip noise you get when you touch the screen here is a fix:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hq4gyyb9xhddm9a/v5JBeIOVM3
    Download those 2 files and have them replace the two files already in your phone.
    The location of the files are:
    /system/media/audio/ui/
    Just paste the two files to overwrite the current ones, piece of cake :p
    EDIT: forgot to say after you do this reboot

3) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36206365&postcount=452 <<flashable file posted by razorhog

"In Settings/Rom Customizer, what do the init.d scripts do?"

01-embryo-fstune: Tunes the file system
    02-embryo-vmtune: Tunes virtual memory
    10-embryo-networktune: Tunes the network
    96-embryo-autozipalign: Zipaligns apks
    97-embryo-loopysmoothness: Speeds up launcher

Other than that. . If you can't read the script it's hard to explain. You might need to go to xda university

Miscellaneous tweaks and add-ons found within this thread...

Installing using TWRP

For those using TWRP (including me), please search the thread for "TWRP" and you'll get a lot of good feedback. Below are several replies from users running TWRP.

Faced the Same Issue
    Where After installing the First Rom Part the Card option is not there to flash the Second Rom.
    -So what you can do to bypass this issue is
    - keep the first part on the Internal SD card
    - and keep the Second part on the external sd card
    - that way you would be able to flash the Second Part the same way as mohan says without rebooting the recovery

I had a similar issue in twrp. I ended up going to the internal sd card then selecting the external storage, as opposed to going directly to the external sd from the main menu. Weird deal, I know. Never seen that before. Everything flashed fine though.

Its the same way in twrp... I just flashed the 01 file, booted and then went back to recovery and then it was able to read the internal storage. It was the same way for me with the leaks as well

I've also had this
    What I did is unmount the external SD card and then it showed back the internal card :)
    Still installing...

Just wanted to attest that flashing parts 1 and 2 worked back to back on TWRP 2.2.2.0 without any problems.

It's think it's like this... In twrp you can select multiple zips before you flash. But if just select 01 and flash it then go back to find 02 you run into problems. I don't believe you have the multiple selected feature in cwm.