What is difference One X-One X orig.android Dev.thread

Search This thread

Gunman84

Nov 11, 2011
Љубљана
Why are there two threads for One X Android development, the one is called One X Android Development, and the other one is One X Original Android Development. Are there two versions of the same phone or what. I'm just asking because i don't want to make a mistake when I'm gonna flash it. Thanks to all for replying this. :) :confused:

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
Nope none at all. As long as you flash the ones in the Tegra 3 one x section and not the one xl ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shiningarmor

Jul 16, 2011
The android development is for HTC custom Roms. The original development is more for aosp roms built from source, heavily customized roms(like team viperX) and kernels.

err no

the title spoke for themselves

"original" android developement

meaning those roms in original sections are roms built from scratch such as viperx.
their venom tweaks is built from scratch instead of being passed around like leedroid tweaks or some sort

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
err no

the title spoke for themselves

"original" android developement

meaning those roms in original sections are roms built from scratch such as viperx.
their venom tweaks is built from scratch instead of being passed around like leedroid tweaks or some sort

Well all ROMs have a varying amount of work done on them. Some have unique features, even custom development, but none of them are entirely original, all based on stock Sense ROM or Google's source, which are both of course, based on Linux and Java.

The line is arbitrarily drawn as to how much is original and how much is not. It's a pointless distinction, IMO and doesn't help to find the ROM you want.

But it's not my choice to make, and so far it has yet to ruin a day of mine.

sh500

May 19, 2005
Well all ROMs have a varying amount of work done on them. Some have unique features, even custom development, but none of them are entirely original, all based on stock Sense ROM or Google's source, which are both of course, based on Linux and Java.

The line is arbitrarily drawn as to how much is original and how much is not. It's a pointless distinction, IMO and doesn't help to find the ROM you want.

But it's not my choice to make, and so far it has yet to ruin a day of mine.

Yeah I agree - the titles, nor the description describes what each section is (and/or how it differs from the other). I would still end up having to go to both sections.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The android development is for HTC custom Roms. The original development is more for aosp roms built from source, heavily customized roms(like team viperX) and kernels.