[Request]Inverted stock .apk's

Search This thread

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I am a very big fan of a "Holo Dark" theme to my android devices. There are a plethora of theming options for system and or user apps for aosp based roms. However the LGHome launcher is a pretty feature packed stock home launcher and utilizes all of the LG .apk's designed to be part of the stock UI. You lose this functionality with a 3rd party launcher with theming support or with a non-stock based custom Rom.

I have a collection of user apps to satisfy my desire for the "Holo Dark" look and feel, but would love to have stock LG system .apk's to match! These would include:

Messaging
Dialer and the small incoming call pop-up
Contacts
Email
Calender
Settings
***system UI theme inverted with white and Holo blue text/icons on a black or dark gradient background

I know this would be no small project, but I believe I cannot be the only user who prefers this type of look, and if the request isn't made.... well then there is nothing to gain.

Anybody can feel free to chime in here. Suggestions. Alternative .apk's or T-Mobile theme chooser options? Is it even possible or legal to modify the LG stock .apk's?

Most importantly, are there any active developers and/or themers able and willing to accomplish this?
Thanks for your consideration :D

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Incep

Dec 10, 2010
Norway
Theming the things you mentioned would be nice. The bold typeface on white is a a torn on the eye, it refuses to obey the system font :(
I know it's possible, in Rayglobe ROM there's been some theming of the dialer and contacts app. In my opinion not for the better, though!

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I'm using Rayglobe currently, not the themed version. Then flashed a theme made for version 3.x but it only themes the quicksettings colors and status bar dropdown background. Better looking than stock for sure. However, doesn't touch any .apk's

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The ui for the lg gflex is based on black instead of white. Settings, dialer, etc..
Hopefully that will come or someone will cook something up based on it.

who MIKE D

Recognized Themer
Mar 13, 2011
Central, Florida
Inverting as we speak... :D

p789.png

jeff5347

Feb 29, 2012
Mass
Agree. Running att g2 and the white ui backgrounds from settings, dialer, and such is killing me. Would love a black background

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2

zourn

Mar 23, 2012
Houston
@dukat0s
That was awfully rude.
Even if you didn't know who_mike_d (I can vouch for some nice work he did for the Rezound), he has the Recognized Themer tag. Why would he try posting up something that wasn't his and pretend it was?

martindar

Sep 10, 2012
plymouth,devon uk
Both look really neat,I definitely prefer inverted and it would be great to have these made available on the g2,will keep an eye out and hopefully work will progress - many thanks for info and pics

who MIKE D

Recognized Themer
Mar 13, 2011
Central, Florida
@dukat0s
That was awfully rude.
Even if you didn't know who_mike_d (I can vouch for some nice work he did for the Rezound), he has the Recognized Themer tag. Why would he try posting up something that wasn't his and pretend it was?

Thank you sir!

Not to mention i posted a full 1080p screenshot of my G2 while the Flex only has a 720p screen lol

I'm working on my Energy ROM which is mostly inverted. I think it's tasteful and I take great pride in doing everything right and in good taste.. IMO :)

Don't mind the bottom buttons.. those will definitely stay white... lol

Looks good man, glad to see someone else putting in some effort to help invert this terrible white UI lol

EDIT: If anyone knows where i can find some LG Flex screenshots i would love to base my theme off of that

Last edited:
Reactions: ElfinJNoty

Incep

Dec 10, 2010
Norway
I'm working on my Energy ROM which is mostly inverted. I think it's tasteful and I take great pride in doing everything right and in good taste.. IMO :)

screenshot_2013-12-05_14-13-02.png

screenshot_2013-12-05_14-13-44.png

That looks pretty good aswell! I personally prefer the ultra flat design language that dominates the most recent mobile OSes recently, over the gradiented real-world-object-esque buttons. Your toggle switches are nice, but they look a bit messy when some are activated and some are not, in my opinion. The blue text color was also a bit too deep in my opinion. The buttons look good, and overall it's way nicer than stock :)

Reactions: dlt0rre

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
That looks pretty good aswell! I personally prefer the ultra flat design language that dominates the most recent mobile OSes recently, over the gradiented real-world-object-esque buttons. Your toggle switches are nice, but they look a bit messy when some are activated and some are not, in my opinion. The blue text color was also a bit too deep in my opinion. The buttons look good, and overall it's way nicer than stock :)

I agree with you. I guess I'm just used to the real world type UI that HTC started doing years ago.

I don't like the cartoonish flat UI's of today. Too common and too simplistic for my taste :)

I agree the blue might be a bit too deep.. will light it up a bit. In the mean time.. here's a pic of the incall UI.. hehe

screenshot_2013-12-06_11-33-06.png

AL_IRAQI

Recognized Contributor / Themer
May 18, 2012
Baghdad
OnePlus 9R
EDIT: If anyone knows where i can find some LG Flex screenshots i would love to base my theme off of that

Can you please make only inverted apk's we don't want LG Flex icons :)

I agree with you. I guess I'm just used to the real world type UI that HTC started doing years ago.

I don't like the cartoonish flat UI's of today. Too common and too simplistic for my taste :)

I agree the blue might be a bit too deep.. will light it up a bit. In the mean time.. here's a pic of the incall UI.. hehe

screenshot_2013-12-06_11-33-06.png

Hey buddy you will make Rom for G2 ?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Inverting as we speak... :D

p789.png

screenshot_2013-12-05_14-13-02.png

screenshot_2013-12-05_14-13-44.png

And yes.. I plan to support multiple LG2 variations, but obviously the TMobile version will be first ;)
    I am a very big fan of a "Holo Dark" theme to my android devices. There are a plethora of theming options for system and or user apps for aosp based roms. However the LGHome launcher is a pretty feature packed stock home launcher and utilizes all of the LG .apk's designed to be part of the stock UI. You lose this functionality with a 3rd party launcher with theming support or with a non-stock based custom Rom.

I have a collection of user apps to satisfy my desire for the "Holo Dark" look and feel, but would love to have stock LG system .apk's to match! These would include:

Messaging
    Dialer and the small incoming call pop-up
    Contacts
    Email
    Calender
    Settings
    ***system UI theme inverted with white and Holo blue text/icons on a black or dark gradient background

I know this would be no small project, but I believe I cannot be the only user who prefers this type of look, and if the request isn't made.... well then there is nothing to gain.

Anybody can feel free to chime in here. Suggestions. Alternative .apk's or T-Mobile theme chooser options? Is it even possible or legal to modify the LG stock .apk's?

Most importantly, are there any active developers and/or themers able and willing to accomplish this?
    Thanks for your consideration :D

Rofl...this is rayglobe rom..this photo is lg gflex ..what a looser who mike...

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Get out of here troll

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app