[Q]Thermal throttling?

Search This thread

Assa551N

Feb 25, 2013
Hy everybody. I am going to buy a Nexus 5 but I saw that the benchmarks points are more little than the same hardware LG G2 and Sony Xperia Z1. Why? Is there thermal throttling? The hardware is same, but Nexus 5 always gets less benchmark points. Why? Because of thermal throttling? Please help me, thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Hy everybody. I am going to buy a Nexus 5 but I saw that the benchmarks points are more little than the same hardware LG G2 and Sony Xperia Z1. Why? Is there thermal throttling? The hardware is same, but Nexus 5 always gets less benchmark points. Why? Because of thermal throttling? Please help me, thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

first off.. the lg g2 and the n5 DO NOT HAVE THE SAME HARDWARE. the n5 would be the g2 if it did. they share the same cpu that is tweaked differently for each device. also, stock g2 will bench higher that a stock n5 because the g2 includes a propriety optimized dalvik/bionic. these differing proprietary dalviks/bionics can be flashed onto the nexus 5 as well. when you add these dalviks/bionics to the n5, they tend to score much better. have you ever seen a g2 score this? my nexus 5 did..

14%2B-%2B2

Reactions: Assa551N and Elluel

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Thanks you so much. :)
Which optimisations do you use?

personally, i enjoy the z2 dalvik/bionic on my n5 and n4. it gives me the highest numbers.

but thermal throttle does exist. and will slow down your cpu above a certain temperature(to cool off). since i do enjoy the benefits of root, i keep thermal throttle disabled 100% of the time, and use the thermal shutdown temp of 105C as my safety :)

Reactions: Assa551N

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

first off.. the lg g2 and the n5 DO NOT HAVE THE SAME HARDWARE. the n5 would be the g2 if it did. they share the same cpu that is tweaked differently for each device. also, stock g2 will bench higher that a stock n5 because the g2 includes a propriety optimized dalvik/bionic. these differing proprietary dalviks/bionics can be flashed onto the nexus 5 as well. when you add these dalviks/bionics to the n5, they tend to score much better. have you ever seen a g2 score this? my nexus 5 did..

14%2B-%2B2
    Thanks you so much. :)
    Which optimisations do you use?

personally, i enjoy the z2 dalvik/bionic on my n5 and n4. it gives me the highest numbers.

but thermal throttle does exist. and will slow down your cpu above a certain temperature(to cool off). since i do enjoy the benefits of root, i keep thermal throttle disabled 100% of the time, and use the thermal shutdown temp of 105C as my safety :)
    And last question, which ROM and kernel do you use?

always rastakat or lichtis rastakat rom and trinity kernel. lichtis rastakat at the moment. and im part of trinity kernel, so always trinity kernel, as shes part of me :)