GPS software in Aurora ICS ROM

Search This thread

tteri35

Mar 7, 2012
Anyone with Sygic? mine can't even complete the "initialization" screen, crashing every time.

Sygic 11.2.6

btw nice thread rimsilva ;)

Try deleting all the extra languages and voices in "aura" directory (from your sd card). Just keep your country 's language items. It worked for me.

shaddow2k

Mar 12, 2012
My solution

I installed Aurora 2.01 Test yesterday. Great rom btw, almost perfect for me :)
I've never seen faster gps fixes on that phone. But after playing with some gps apps I realized there was an offset in my position, i.e. the gps didn't show my exact position and the compass didn't work right.
My solution:
1. Install "GPS Status & Toolbox" - search on the market, can't post links as a new member
Reset AGPS-Data and download new data
Calibrate compass
Calibrate levels

2. Install "FasterGPS "
Select your region in the app. Default it was set to asia, maybe thatswhy the big offset? I selected Germany.

3. Restart phone & be happy :) Works for me with Maps, osmand & Locus.

So it seems in the rom are old gps data included, after clearing them it works like a charm

Reactions: brdnacer

Schrauff

Mar 17, 2012
I have installed Navigon europe 3.6.2 and iGOMyWay 8.4.2.139242. Both are working fine on Aurora ICS 2.02. Before installing navigon I had to remove all traces of previous installation by deleting folder on SD card and wiping cache.
Edit: Today I've tried Navigon EU 4.1.1, and is also working without glitch, it's also faster than previous versions.

Last edited:

papatsonis

Aug 4, 2008
Athens
Ndrive works OK
Mediterranean - OK
SpeedView - OK

TurboGPS -NO lock
Sygic Aura (1.1.2.5 and 1.1.2.6) NO lock

accidentally though i found a "solution" for sygic and turbogps, If i minimize the app, go to android settings/location/and disable-reenable gps, when i go to the app. now locks instantly to satellites (tried again and again to be confident of this behaviour). If i disable-enable from power widget, it doesnt work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I’m having some difficulties to find working GPS software with the Aurora ROM, I don’t know if this is a ROM and/or ICS android problem.

The google Navigation is working but it’s very poor software.

The goal of this topic is to share our experience and possible workaround.

WORKING GPS SOFTWARE:
    Google Navigation
    NAVFree (nice free software, not so powerful but good for the money!)
    igo v8.4.3.179971

NOT WORKING GPS SOFTWARE:
    Ndrive v11.0.6
    Sygic v11.2.6
    Waze v3.0.1.1
    TMN Drive v11.4.03
    I have iGO8, version 8.4.3.179971 and it is working great. I tested it yesterday and navigation works, was using it on my way home from work -20 km and it was ok. It does voice directions and recalculate routes without any problem.Gps fix is fast 10-15 sec and accurate. I use Aurora 1.11.
    Did you upload it directly to android market? Or internet? Try first install to the android market.
    My solution

I installed Aurora 2.01 Test yesterday. Great rom btw, almost perfect for me :)
    I've never seen faster gps fixes on that phone. But after playing with some gps apps I realized there was an offset in my position, i.e. the gps didn't show my exact position and the compass didn't work right.
    My solution:
    1. Install "GPS Status & Toolbox" - search on the market, can't post links as a new member
    Reset AGPS-Data and download new data
    Calibrate compass
    Calibrate levels

2. Install "FasterGPS "
    Select your region in the app. Default it was set to asia, maybe thatswhy the big offset? I selected Germany.

3. Restart phone & be happy :) Works for me with Maps, osmand & Locus.

So it seems in the rom are old gps data included, after clearing them it works like a charm