(discontinued) Rom F.A.W. and variants (stock rom I8150XXLM8 )(new slim version)

Search This thread

sgilmans

Feb 25, 2012
Bolehland
after flashing the special edition rom , running smooth so I inject the V6 SC and kickass .. but after about 14 hours it start to feel lag ... so I do a V6 cleaning, after reboot .... hahaha... I got bootloop :p , so now back to the fresh F.A.W without V6 .... :rolleyes:

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Well after 20hours i dont experience any lag at all. Even with games like zombie flick and few other even deer hunter it hasnt lagged at all. Just sometimes when going to log or entering a number it might lag for about 2 seconds but nothing majour.

Battery life is good for a basically a modded stock rom. Going to do upgrade the baseband tomorrow. Not to keen on the theme though but will live with it. Just some of the colors and contrasts are not pleasing to the eye. But thats not on nemesis head thats just down to the theme

Last edited:

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
after flashing the special edition rom , running smooth so I inject the V6 SC and kickass .. but after about 14 hours it start to feel lag ... so I do a V6 cleaning, after reboot .... hahaha... I got bootloop :p , so now back to the fresh F.A.W without V6 .... :rolleyes:

Try fixing permissions when installing any ROM with cwm. And evening you can fix permissions with the v 6 supercharger script. I did it and just tested a super clean and poof phone booted up no problem

sgilmans

Feb 25, 2012
Bolehland
Try fixing permissions when installing any ROM with cwm. And evening you can fix permissions with the v 6 supercharger script. I did it and just tested a super clean and poof phone booted up no problem

Thanks for the tips bro... but I think remain without V6 still run smooth enough ... until the next release :p

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Still no problems to report. Sound quality is good as well with dsp manager and beats audio. Only flaw would still be battery life I'd say but I actually think my battery is totaled so might get a new one the weekend and see.

Anyone know good way to re calibrate the battery. Looked around for tips before but all pointed out to when the battery was new

nemesis.sisemen

Feb 26, 2009
Azores
OnePlus Nord
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Still no problems to report. Sound quality is good as well with dsp manager and beats audio. Only flaw would still be battery life I'd say but I actually think my battery is totaled so might get a new one the weekend and see.

Anyone know good way to re calibrate the battery. Looked around for tips before but all pointed out to when the battery was new

First of all thanks for the feedback.good to ear that all is ok. i also think that battery life isn't as good as it should, so im already looking to fix that. also by your feedback from now on i will rls at all times 2 versions, a unthemed version with all the goodies but with samsung looks and a special one themed my way.

sgilmans

Feb 25, 2012
Bolehland
Works great on my phone bro..... About battery maybe you can look into cow's rom... Coz during the days i'm using cow rom, battery can last almost 2 days under normal use ...wifi all day .. Some call... Sms... Game... but facing many fc especially waking up in the morning...

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA

Rio Saputro

Mar 23, 2011
Are u using XXLM8?
Nope. This ROM is using different samsungani and bootanimation file.

Are you sure brother ?
XXLM8 has same wire frame like XXLM6 except for the Base band

Did you set the permission correctly ?
It's stock or already modded ? can you check the build prop

Maybe i will try next week
Regards

JnManso

Dec 24, 2011

I'm feeling the same problem with the Rom "Kezra Value Pack V1.1 (Android 2.3.6, CowKernel)". I don't understand why!!!!! Maybe a problem in the kernel, Maybe a Problem in the baseband, ...

acelim23

May 2, 2012
Muntinlupa City
Just to clarify things.. Correct me please if I say anything wrong.

The download link for Rls 4 does not include:

1. The google play (market app)
2. The new build prop -- (also is this really working, seems as I backread it results to bootloop)
3. V6 supercharger -- (also is this recommended or this is also bad for this rom)

Thanks

sgilmans

Feb 25, 2012
Bolehland
Are u using XXLM8?
Nope. This ROM is using different samsungani and bootanimation file.

Sorry for the late reply... screen shot attached

sc20120511192427.png

yewsiong

Feb 22, 2012
Johor
Are you sure brother ?
XXLM8 has same wire frame like XXLM6 except for the Base band

Did you set the permission correctly ?
It's stock or already modded ? can you check the build prop

Maybe i will try next week
Regards

I have set permission correctly. bootanimation and samsungani are extracted from Hybrid2 ROM. I wonder what's wrong.
I will try again later. It can load boot animation properly but it keep on showing the boot animation loop w/o starting user interface.

From which thread did is that other custom XXLM8 custom ROM you are referring?

LOL. I am using Kedai ROM created by a Malaysian developer. He didn't post his work on xda forum. This is his blog
http://myzope.kedai.com.my/blogs/kedai/275

Last edited:

nemesis.sisemen

Feb 26, 2009
Azores
OnePlus Nord
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Just to clarify things.. Correct me please if I say anything wrong.

The download link for Rls 4 does not include:

1. The google play (market app)
2. The new build prop -- (also is this really working, seems as I backread it results to bootloop)
3. V6 supercharger -- (also is this recommended or this is also bad for this rom)

Thanks

reply:
1 google play is included
2- it works for me
3-with me no lags

sgilmans

Feb 25, 2012
Bolehland
work smooth... google play store included.... no lag at all without v6.... still scored 37++

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    F.A.W. (For All Wonders)

After inumerous tests i have came to the conclusion that my Rls2 is the fastest and with more battery life.
    Also realized that customization and themes are each choice.

With that in mind i´ve just grab the new stock rom from samsung (I8150XXLM8 ) and made some changes so that everyone can theme the rom at their will, also made one with my customization and one slim fos speed and performance.

F.A.W (Rls2)

Changelog:

Rooted
    added busybox
    deodexed
    zipalligned

Rom Download

F.A.W.(Rls4) Special Edition

First off all thanks to those who made the themes, mods and other tnhigs to improve our Wonder, i don´t take credit for that, i only searched and aplied to my rom these things.

Changelog:

Stock I8150XXLM8
    Deodexed
    Zipalligned
    Rooted
    Add busybox

Added beats audio files(it should enhance audio)
    Aplied Ice Dark v3.8 (creator ibanez7)
    Removed these apps:
    Buddiesnow
    Days
    Digital clock
    Dual clock
    Email widget
    Gamehub
    Geniewidgt
    Live wallpapers
    Minimal home
    Music Hub
    My files
    Plusone
    Postit
    Protips
    Samsung Widget news
    Samsung program monitor
    Samsung widget stockclock
    Samsung weather clock
    Secret Wallpapper 1 and 2
    Touchwiz
    TW calendar appwidget~
    TW wallpapper chooser

Added:
    SS Launcher
    play Store
    ES file explorer
    Google quickserach
    Fancywidgets
    My6sense magazine
    DSP Manager (audio equalizer)

Rom Download

advice: install V6 SuperCharger (original thread) for me the best memory management

F.A.W. (Slim version)

Changelog:

Deodexed
    Zipalligned
    Rooted
    Add busybox

Removed several apps (below link for those who still want them)

Tweaks to build.prop (based on cowwithgun work and others things i have read)
    TouchScreen Improvement (made by TheFrankenstain)
    MegaBassBeats
    Camera.apk hack for better audio in recording (posted by bagux)

Add:
    Nemus launcher
    Es File Explorer
    Contacts ICS look
    DSP manager

Rom Download

Apps Removed in F.A.W. Special and slim

Download

For other Rom´s, mod´s and themes don´t forget to visit this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1653907

enjoy. if you like please hit thanks
    I have tweaked the framework-res.apk from this ROM to include CRT off effect.

download here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B114dUMGdH-leWZEdlNWZnJjNDg

Push to /system/framework using root explorer, overwrite existing file, reboot.

Usual warnings apply: Use at your own risk, backup existing file, do a nandroid .....
    LOL. I am using Kedai ROM created by a Malaysian developer. He didn't post his work on xda forum. This is his blog
    http://myzope.kedai.com.my/blogs/kedai/275[/QUOTE]

I posted here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25387354 :p

Don't have the gw with me now but am going to diff in a while.

Didn't think ppl love boot animation :D
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    Hi .. I've got a noob question . After I flash this file but my baseband still DXLC1 ... is it normal or I need to flash the XXLM8 with odin before I flash this rom ??

Thanks in Advance

P/S: There is no play store in the app drawer ....

base band wiil be the same, what chenges is the kernell.

ps: it seams samsung forgot market(the rom is exactly as samsung release), so i will reupload a rls 3 with market and 2 apps for those you´ve already flash it and just want to add market.