[Q] ALL roms stick at boot/animation screen

Search This thread

joe tigercat

Feb 21, 2014
after trying CM on my desire C and being unhappy with the battery performance, i wanted to return to a sense rom. i did a full wipe (factory reset/cache/dalvik) , flashed the rom for revolution sense 5, and pushed the boot.img files to the phone with fastboot. i know the phone might take awhile on first boot, but i thought after 10 minutes something was wrong.

now every rom fails to boot, even if i use the stock rom and kernel, it stick at the white htc logo screen. i've tried several roms, and moved to cwm 6.0.3. the only thing i haven't tried is going back to stock recovery. i'd like to avoid that.

any suggestions?

joe

edit: i did manage to successfully reinstall CM10. not sure why none of the sense based roms will work. i assume the stock rom is also sense based.??

Last edited:

szczypiorek

Sep 22, 2013
Kraków
It's because if you install CM mod, you also installed file named boot.img which is kernel file. Unfortunately Stock rom doesn't work with modified Kernel (and I tell it from my experience), so if you want to go back to stock ROM you need to download stock Kernel file too.

So here are some tips to revert back to stock:
1) Boot in Fastboot
2) Install stock boot.img via Desire_C_All-In-One_Kit_v2.0
3) Boot into Recovery
4) Wipe all data
5) Wipe cache
6) Install stock rom

Your phone should be back with stock ROM and Kernel :)

Last edited: