RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer Plugin | HTC Devices with S-OFF | 10.09.13

Search This thread

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
post 157

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app
This is an application you run on your computer to customize your HBOOT. Save the contents of the zip to your (Windows) computer and run the application.

Please read the link in the OP to the application thread so you understand how this is supposed to be used.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
New plugin for latest HBOOT version for Sprint M8 (3.18.0.0000). Included the app in the zip as well, as I have previously. I only did one plugin this time to save space (I doubt anyone will notice if the build date is slightly off). It should work on both the "regular" and Harman Kardon versions.

Any issues, let me know.
Same drill, updated for HBOOT 3.19.0.0000. Will work on Sprint M8 & HKE.

Attachments

• RBC_Sprint_M8_HBOOT_3.19.0.000.zip
    777 KB · Views: 387

Ran the mod update for stock.
I am curious to know how to get the black bar/modified software status removed?
Rewrite CID back to stock?
My m8 is non HK.

Attachments

• 1417148512607.jpg
    1417148512607.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 311

Wouldn't you be able to flash a full RUU file and reflash the bootloader to clear that status? Also, the software modifier status is usually reported from within the OS upon boot completion via a tracker app, but i am also not completely familiar with the newer HTC builds, rather so I could be wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

I wish the Juopunut Bear method still worked. Wasn't that hard, and it didn't modify the locked or unlocked status. I also did the evo shift, which actually had another method to the same result. S-off without affecting the lock status. Too bad there isn't yet a way to not affect the software modifier status.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Wouldn't you be able to flash a full RUU file and reflash the bootloader to clear that status? Also, the software modifier status is usually reported from within the OS upon boot completion via a tracker app, but i am also not completely familiar with the newer HTC builds, rather so I could be wrong.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

I wish the Juopunut Bear method still worked. Wasn't that hard, and it didn't modify the locked or unlocked status. I also did the evo shift, which actually had another method to the same result. S-off without affecting the lock status. Too bad there isn't yet a way to not affect the software modifier status.

You can change the Status between "Modified" and "Official", but you can't get rid of the black bar completely with this mod. That's the question I was answering.

naoneo

Nov 15, 2013
HBOOT 3.19.0.0000
OS-6.13.206.5
Was originally O2 (uk) branded one m8, but installed GPe rom, can someone instruct on how to dump the hboot from this device so I can edit the text myself?

Doing:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/hboot.img
appears to not contain the correct content for removing hboot red text.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    This post contains the information and the Visual Studio 2010 solution zip file
    to create a plugin for the newly re-released RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer.

Once you create your plugin, please either pm me, or post in the RM Bootloader Customizer's thread
    with your completed plugin, so I can add it to post #2's List of Plugins!

Current enum of known devices (not all may compatible with this tool though)

Usage
    This ReadMe is a block comment in the BootloaderPlugin class that you have to modify.
    All you need to do is follow these steps to create your plugin. This all takes place in Microsoft Visual Studio.

Code:
    /*
     * RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer Plugin Template ReadMe
     * 1.  Make sure the external reference to 'RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer.exe' is correct and valid.
     * 2.  In the Project Properties window, change the following to your own values:
     *      - Assembly Name
     *      - Default Namespace
     *      - Information in 'Assembly Information...'
     * 3.  Change the namespace of this class to the same as your Default Namespace you just defined
     * 4.  Drag and Drop your hboot.img (rename your image to hboot.img) and android-info.txt to the root of the project
     *     in the Solution Explorer, overwriting the placeholder hboot.img and android-info.txt files.
     * 5.  Make sure they are set to "Embedded Resource" in their properties window.
     * 6.  Edit ONLY the private fields below to match your configurations
     * 7.  Build and deploy your dll under the "Release" configuration
     */
    Requirements
    .NET 4.0
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2012 (any version) - Get Express Here
    HTC device with S-OFF bootloader

Changelog
    Version 2.1 | 10.09.13
    • Add Verizon HTC One support
    Version 2.2.2 | 06.10.13
    • Added support for HTC One varieties
    Version 2.2 | 02.18.13
    • Support for Droid DNA and HTC One series

Download Latest Release
    Bootloader Plugin Template.zip

Download Info
    Bootloader Plugin Template.zip MD5 - f8a4f4b1dc5b6ce8958af06c044036b7

Source code
    Github
    Updated this based on the latest HBOOTs from the OTAs just released for the Sprint M8s, and updated Bootloader Customizer to reflect new version. Nothing big, but I figured I may as well.
    New plugin for latest HBOOT version for Sprint M8 (3.18.0.0000). Included the app in the zip as well, as I have previously. I only did one plugin this time to save space (I doubt anyone will notice if the build date is slightly off). It should work on both the "regular" and Harman Kardon versions.

Any issues, let me know.
    @regaw_leinad

Can you add the Sprint One (M8) to the HTC_DEVICE enum list? M8WHL. Thanks!

EDIT: I used your source and compiled the Bootloader Customizer with M8WHL added so I could complete the plugin, but I assume unless everyone is using the version I built that the data won't load properly, correct?

EDIT 2: Also, you might want to have the dev text filled in with spaces (20) rather than with 00, as the latter can cause issues on newer devices. Spaces are safer.
    Since I know there are some Sprint M8 users waiting for this, I'm going to upload it here.

The attached zip includes the version of the Bootloader Customizer that I compiled with M8WHL added to the enum so that the plugin gets picked up. Also included are plugins for the latest M8WHL HBOOTs (3.16.0.0000) packaged with the Sprint M8 and M8 Harman Kardon Edition. For whichever device you have, delete the other plugin (they both show up the same in the app, so only one can be used).

All credit goes to @regaw_leinad of course, for his tool and great instructions. All I did was compile it.

Any issues, let me know.