[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [t0lte]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RTFOP

Jul 12, 2012
NYC
I still have it but for like 1 or 2.minutes all day. I was in deep sleep 68% today at work. It is not affecting my battery life.

CARBON NIGHTLIES. | KROZ BROWN Theme | Crack Flasher

:(

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367364533838.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367364533838.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 233

snwahs

Jun 30, 2005
Chicago
The easiest thing to do is download better battery stats from the market or from the XDA thread. Follow the instructions in the op of the thread to get a good dump file. Those guys in the thread will tell you exactly what is causing your drain and how to fix it.

I ended up just doing a factory reset, cache wipe and installed the 4/30 nightly build. So far today battery life is dramatically better. I'll chalk it up to user error on my original install and keep an eye on it.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
I ended up just doing a factory reset, cache wipe and installed the 4/30 nightly build. So far today battery life is dramatically better. I'll chalk it up to user error on my original install and keep an eye on it.

I see that wakelock about the same amount as Ronnie, which isn't often. I've gotten in the habit of doing a clean install one a week every weekend, to minimize any potential issues. I flash a new nightly every other day, normally.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

On another note, swiping the lock screen over to access the camera force closes gallery for me on the 30 April nightly. opening camera from the app drawer works perfectly.

snwahs

Jun 30, 2005
Chicago
I see that wakelock about the same amount as Ronnie, which isn't often. I've gotten in the habit of doing a clean install one a week every weekend, to minimize any potential issues. I flash a new nightly every other day, normally.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

On another note, swiping the lock screen over to access the camera force closes gallery for me on the 30 April nightly. opening camera from the app drawer works perfectly.

Every weekend seems a bit much, especially if you are running stable version imo but that is just me. Nightlies however are a completely different story. Seems Carbon will have a stable once a month or so, i'll see how it goes.

Appreciate the help.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Every weekend seems a bit much, especially if you are running stable version imo but that is just me. Nightlies however are a completely different story. Seems Carbon will have a stable once a month or so, i'll see how it goes.

Appreciate the help.
No need to follow my flashing schedule if you don't want. That's what I do to keep things fresh. I also use my Note a one of my testing devices for my inverted apps package, so cleaning it up weekly is pretty much required for me. The added bonus is that I normally don't see any of those weird issues crop up.

abalosmusic

Nov 11, 2012
What's a great alternative one hand swipe keyboard for Aosp? Like touchwiz, s one hand operation? The Aosp keyboard is just too damn big to swipe

Tweaked 2.0, saberkernel 19, foreverloco aosp theme, note 2

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
Good update tomorrow. Will include saving DPI from flash to flash.

CARBON NIGHTLIES. | KROZ BROWN Theme | Crack Flasher

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Been out for awhile so sorry if I missed this. I know that that per app dpi has been removed but does exposed framework still work of installed manually?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Been out for awhile so sorry if I missed this. I know that that per app dpi has been removed but does exposed framework still work of installed manually?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Works for me.

Well, I haven't installed it since PA settings went away. I was using it in the transition between not having it built in the ROM and the inclusion of PA settings. It worked just fine then. I do need to reinstall it on the next update, though.

abalosmusic

Nov 11, 2012
Since this thread mentions better battery stats? Can someone redirect me a link to it plz?

Tweaked 2.0, saberkernel 19, foreverloco aosp theme, note 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.π JB 4.2.2 [t0lte] » Feb 20

I wanna start donating but I havent been able to enjoy the cm based releases because the camera, video recording and data icon keeps going in and out and as much as people say it still works, its very annoying while using your phone lol. I am very grateful to have developers supporting the tmobile galaxy note 2 though. Just really want those things corrected if they havent already

I appreciate the report but I must respectfully ask that users don't adopt this type of mentality...this borders upon bribery...we wish to fix features because we love android...not because we think there is a donation on the way...I appreciate the fact that you want to start donating but opening up a statement like that will not help anything. We want everything to work as best as it can...camera works fine with the exception of flash which you can make quicksetting for torch, enable, adjust exposure then take ur photo (until a real fix comes)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.
    I downloaded fine was not talking about the download. Have you donated to them? Bandwidth and hardware is expensive

CARBON NIGHTLIES | KROZ THEMES | CABIN FEVER MAPLE WHISKY
    Donation doesn't make a difference for me. It's slow as hell whether I'm logged in or not. Finally got the update from today. Flashing it now.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Mirror for the latest nightly.

CARBON-JB-NIGHTLY-20130607-1032-t0ltetmo.zip
    New build released!