Samsung GS3 LCD/Digitizer shattered. Thinking about a DNA.

Search This thread

pierrekid

Oct 23, 2010
Oh really, this is the first link that came up when I searched for a poll, and most others echo its results.

http://www.phonedog.com/2012/07/25/which-android-skin-is-your-favorite-poll/

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Lol its funny how you pull an article from 7 months froma site that recently compared the two phones and said touchwiz destroys sense.

http://www.phonedog.com/videos/htc-droid-dna-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-dogfight-part-1/

Try again young one.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Lol its funny how you pull an article from 7 months froma site that recently compared the two phones and said touchwiz destroys sense.

http://www.phonedog.com/videos/htc-droid-dna-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-dogfight-part-1/

Try again young one.

You made a claim, I proved it wrong. Now its your turn to back your claim.

What 1 person days in a review doesn't affect what polls say..

Reactions: vdChild

pierrekid

Oct 23, 2010

Guessing you cant read the link I posted lol. Its the same site you posted...only more recent genius. I proved my point, time for you to find a more relavant article lol.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Lol ive said my peace. The web, the public (by sales) and the media all agree that the note is the best phone on the market. Keep living in denial boys while we enjoy the next big thing ;). Btw was watching the avengers and texting my gf while posting this, all on my note 2 at the same time.

Peace out lol!

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Guessing you cant read the link I posted lol. Its the same site you posted...only more recent genius. I proved my point, time for you to find a more relavant article lol.

No. You said polls show stock>tw>sense. I gave you a poll that showed that none of that is true. Than you gave me a link to a review, which is not a poll. One review means nothing, I could link you to 10 that say the DNA is better than the n2. Polls with thousands of votes, on the other hand, do mean something.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Lol ive said my peace. The web, the public (by sales) and the media all agree that the note is the best phone on the market. Keep living in denial boys while we enjoy the next big thing ;). Btw was watching the avengers and texting my gf while posting this, all on my note 2 at the same time.

Peace out lol!

Please, leave, no one wanted you here in the first place.

cc16177

Mar 13, 2009
Lol its funny that your phone seems to be the anomaly. Everyone, including HTC THEMSELVES, have acknowledged the poor battery performance. Just look at the size of your battery vs. The amount of pixels the dna is pushing. Do the math man there is reason everyone ( except for a few in denial dna owners) has pointed to the battery peeformance. Living in denial my friend. If you like your dna, kudos to you. Enjoy carrying that phone charger around all day.

If the only bad thing you can say about the note 2 is the size thats a personal thing. Im 5 11 and this phone fits in my hand and pocket beautifully. My girlfriend is 5 5 and she has no problem what so ever with the note. That speaks dividends to how great the note is if the only bad thing you can say about it is the size. Note 2 ftw

I recognize that the note 2 has better battery life than the DNA but for me it was unnecessary.

I think the screen on the note 2 looks cartoony compared to the DNA and I much prefer the smaller size.

I'm entitled to my opinion it has nothing to do with "living in denial".

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
Everyone just needs to calm down lol. I don't know what to do. Memory space is a big thing for me. I don't have a 32GB micro SD for no reason. I don't think I will end up buying this phone. The resolution is amazing. I like sense, but it kills battery life. I bought my GS3 in order to flash pure AOSP on it, and I did. And it ran like a charm. I don't like TW. I am a big fan of HTC, but damn, hard to say this...my hopes just keep getting crushed by Samsung's performance. As far as the Note II. Not a fan at all. A massive display with the same resolution of an old Rezound. GTFO! I guess I just have to wait for the GS4 or something. ugh. I also have Google Music. It is amazing, but I need more storage!!!

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
If you absolutely need more than 16 gigs than the DNA is not for you. But in every other area it is an amazing phone.

vdChild

Jun 26, 2010
Everyone just needs to calm down lol. I don't know what to do. Memory space is a big thing for me. I don't have a 32GB micro SD for no reason. I don't think I will end up buying this phone. The resolution is amazing. I like sense, but it kills battery life. I bought my GS3 in order to flash pure AOSP on it, and I did. And it ran like a charm. I don't like TW. I am a big fan of HTC, but damn, hard to say this...my hopes just keep getting crushed by Samsung's performance. As far as the Note II. Not a fan at all. A massive display with the same resolution of an old Rezound. GTFO! I guess I just have to wait for the GS4 or something. ugh. I also have Google Music. It is amazing, but I need more storage!!!

Makes sense . I always had at least a 32gb sd card in my phones as I have a huge music collection that I like to keep a lot on me. But I found I don't watch movies on my phone and otherwise don't really need that much space after keeping my music in the cloud. So it really comes down to users needs there. But good luck on the hunt for a phone that suits your needs. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

tehknics

Sep 17, 2010
If you absolutely need more than 16 gigs than the DNA is not for you. But in every other area it is an amazing phone.

This pretty much sums it up. I wish all of this battery nonsense would go away tho. Of course the Note 2 has better battery life, it has a much bigger battery... That doesn't mean that the DNA has bad battery life since the sizes are quite different. I generally have 2 to 3 hours screen on time and 40 or so % left when I goto sleep. Not sure how this is known as "bad". Moral of the story is choose the best phone based on your personal needs/wants and go from there.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

huskers15

Feb 14, 2011
I have had the sgs3 and galaxy nexus. All I can say is my droid DNA has better battery life and antenna.

I would get a ton of signal drops on the nexus and galaxy 3.

Husker_DNA

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
I have had the sgs3 and galaxy nexus. All I can say is my droid DNA has better battery life and antenna.

I would get a ton of signal drops on the nexus and galaxy 3.

Husker_DNA

Yep, I had the SGS3 and the antenna is WAY better on the DNA (as it was on the Rezound as well). Fewer dropped calls, faster GPS signal lock, fewer drops from 4G to 3G. I think Samsung just has weaker radios.

iOSh8er

Dec 30, 2010
Hephzibah
Battery life, for me, is leaps and bounds above my s3. I NEVER got 5 hours of screen time on the s3.

Please don't touch my "Thanks" button, it doesn't like you... ;)

Let me clarify...

I had a VZW S3 on VZW's LTE network and was comparing it to my VZW DNA on VZW's LTE network.

Both at all times had some type of custom kernel, which from what I hear dramatically improves the results you get on the DNA.

Please don't touch my "Thanks" button, it doesn't like you... ;)

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
I had a Samsung continuum before my dna and I hated it. It's still on 2.2.2 with a gingerbread leak which isn't very good. After owning that for two years I made a decision to never ever get another Samsung phone so I got my dna and I love it, I'm not a heavy user on my phone so battery is not an issue for me. Overall it's speedy and it responds fast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thank you guys for the replies. My main concern is S-Off, I know on the rezzy it made a huge difference (way easier to flash kernels/roms and etc.) Hopefully it isn't as complicated here with S-On. And I'm glad to hear about the battery life. I will most probably be purchasing one soon.

Definitely going to invest in good case.

***EDIT

only thing I am concerned about is not having an SD card slot. -__-

I was concerned about not having an sd slot. But then I tried Google music and haven't looked back sense.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
    Than go buy a nexus.

You should never buy a phone that you don't like stock, because for all you know it may never have aosp. If you don't like sense than don't buy HTC phones, same goes for touchwiz, or any other phone with a skin. Its simple as that.

trust me, if Verizon had the nexus4 I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Try again young one.

This pretty much sums it up. I wish all of this battery nonsense would go away tho. Of course the Note 2 has better battery life, it has a much bigger battery... That doesn't mean that the DNA has bad battery life since the sizes are quite different. I generally have 2 to 3 hours screen on time and 40 or so % left when I goto sleep. Not sure how this is known as "bad". Moral of the story is choose the best phone based on your personal needs/wants and go from there.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA