What's the coolest program or feature you've used on your hd?

Search This thread

the_flyer

Feb 16, 2008
The coolest program (without question) is AEBPlus. It quietly makes the Touch HD the most functional device ever. I have skinned the volume buttons to up/down arrow with long hold changing the volume. I have three taps on the volume arrow set to rotate because I didnt like using the accelerometer in all apps.

The back button I have for ok/close with 2 taps for close completetely and three taps for task manager. The best button is the 'action menu' which I have skinned to three taps on the end key. Soft reset, wifi/bluetooth on/off, practically all you need on any application/screen of your phone!

The only buttons I cant get sorted are skinning the home key and long press of the back button.

AEBPlus is awesome.

Wavac

Dec 2, 2008
MusicID isnt free, I would guess it downloads around 250kb per song identification.

ScarySquirrel

Nov 15, 2008
The coolest program (without question) is AEBPlus. It quietly makes the Touch HD the most functional device ever. I have skinned the volume buttons to up/down arrow with long hold changing the volume. I have three taps on the volume arrow set to rotate because I didnt like using the accelerometer in all apps.

The back button I have for ok/close with 2 taps for close completetely and three taps for task manager. The best button is the 'action menu' which I have skinned to three taps on the end key. Soft reset, wifi/bluetooth on/off, practically all you need on any application/screen of your phone!

The only buttons I cant get sorted are skinning the home key and long press of the back button.

AEBPlus is awesome.

That sounds awesome. I would like some short keys to automatically exit a program rather than minimise and leave in tast manager. I'll check this out :)

Thanks

jon-

Sep 11, 2008
London
www.tyrereviews.co.uk
That sounds awesome. I would like some short keys to automatically exit a program rather than minimise and leave in tast manager. I'll check this out :)

Thanks

I've left my phone at home today so can't remember the exact path, but there's a standard setting in settings that switches the X button from a minimise type button to one that would close the application.

ionutz6

Nov 9, 2006
Bucharest

AEBPlus is awesome.

i find it also very cool. i just have one problem with it, sorry if a bit offtopic...
did you manage to set a button to do the Switch Display Off/On properly? I mean, if you set it to, lets say, the green button - triple press, it will switch display off, but it will never turn it back on. only way to turn display back on is the top button, close to the 3.5mm jack. any other button is disabled during display off, hence cannot turn the display back on. am i right with this assumption?

Cheesy Dave

Dec 16, 2003
Hi

I read the earlier post about AEBplus and thought - that sounds good. I wanted to map the volume buttons to up/down and also get a button for screen rotate (I don't like the gsen and gyrater solutions).

So, I went to the developer site and then looked at buy from Handango which said not compatible with HD. I then asked the developer who replied very quickly (not so common these days !!):

---------------------------
Hello David,

Thanks, it is always nice to know if you find this utility interesting :)

As for your question: yes, BPlus is compatible with HD as well as any other PocketPC 2k3 / PocketPC 2k3SE / WM5/WM6/WM6.1 devices.

The problem I know on Touch HD:

- Home key may not be remapped due to driver implementation

- Long keypresses are not detected in BPlus for green/red keys and “back” button (button driver limitation).

- “Back” button corresponds to the “Ok” in button list so you will not need to add it via File->Add key but just re-define “Ok” button instead

- Backlight controlling will work in next BPlus release (should appear this week)

Anyway – just try and install BPlus to check if it will suit your needs before buying. It have very few “demo” mode limitations...

Regards,

Alexander
----------------------------

I have got the trial version and it works great for volume keys up/down and I have the back key on double press for rotate.

I can really recommend it. I will explore later other options with this good program.

Regards, D.

Laurentius26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2005
I confirm, it's very handy! ;)

AEBPlus is awesome.

zoro25

Sep 20, 2006
Microsoft Voice Command,

Impresses everyone,
First reaction is usually "yeah my bluetooth can call like that"

Then I start opening apps Core Player etc and then I start on flight mode and finish off with the music where the HD tells the artist, genre etc.

Their gaws hit the floor.

Teeter is also another great app for wow factor

and I also show some Core Player with a really nice clear movie.

AndyCr15

Apr 27, 2005
London, UK
www.lanarchy.co.uk
I'm lying in my bed, watching the iPlayer on my PC and was wishing I could pause it from there. Then I remember reading about Gremote but not understanding what it did. Basically, you run a small exe on your PC which sets up the server, you install the cab on your HD and you can control your PC from your HD, through WiFi...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=459249

You can use the HD like a mouse or like a touchpad (which I find very unresponsive :( ) Still, it's kinda cool! I can control Windows Media Player, runs apps, move the mouse around etc.

gt112

Nov 14, 2008
Then I remember reading about Gremote but not understanding what it did. Basically, you run a small exe on your PC which sets up the server, you install the cab on your HD and you can control your PC from your HD, through WiFi...

Thanks so much for this, at last a simple explanation. A lot of developers sometimes forget to explain in a simple way what it is their app does and what its point is. Until I read your post, I did not understand GRemote, its purpose or it spoint. I get it now.

Thanks again

xmaspast

Dec 14, 2008
Brighton
Sorry but Music ID is completely underwhelming compared to the way superior version of Shazam on the iPhone. Unlike the iPhone one, MusicID for WM doesnt even display album details, just artist and track name. MusicID for iPhone provides a link to the music video on youtube - no such feature on the WM version.
Very rarely on the WM version do you get any album art displayed at all, yet on the iPhone its displayed every time.

SHAZAM should work on every mobile?
It's just a phone number that sends the details back as a text message, it's hardly unique to the iphone.

AndyCr15

Apr 27, 2005
London, UK
www.lanarchy.co.uk
Thanks so much for this, at last a simple explanation. A lot of developers sometimes forget to explain in a simple way what it is their app does and what its point is. Until I read your post, I did not understand GRemote, its purpose or it spoint. I get it now.

Thanks again

No problem. That's why I didn't install it myself at first, I just didn't understand what it did... the author doesn't explain it in any way, he assumes we all know :-/

sbirsen

Oct 18, 2006
I confirm, it's very handy! ;)

Regarding AEButton Plus, I have a question. If I change the action on the buttons via AEB, and then in teh future want to it change back to 'Do not touch', would the buttons go back to their original state or would a hard reset be required ?

Sorry if this has already been asked, couldn't find it.