[ROM] |4/21/2012| |ReloadedROM™| |CM9 Reloaded v1.2H| |Kindle Fire| |Kernel 3.0|

Search This thread

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
20572262.jpg

This will be a thread where people can give feedback on my rom for the KF. I was requested to create this because some people can not post in the development section yet. Please give positive feedback as well as constructive criticism in this thread. Also, you can make requests for features. Thank you guys for all of the support and I hope that everyone can express their opinion about CM9 Reloaded on the KF.

Cheers, everyone!

Original Development thread found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1563171

Last edited:

Aesrys

Apr 5, 2012
Just wanted to say thank you. I loaded this ROM this weekend and have really enjoyed using it. Once the kernel issues are resolved, I can definitely see this being y daily use ROM.

Mar 20, 2012
Barranquilla
ROM KF

Hello, I'm using this rom since several days ago and I really like, the only problem is I can not play videos from youtube, for everything else very well.
good speed
the touch screen works perfect

I think it's the best ROM created for the KF, I hope you continue like this.

Thank you.

chronicallyRooted

Apr 3, 2012
Wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on this ROM. I've been following your thread in dev but can't post there yet.

I'd definitely suggest anyone with sod problems underclock following lovejoy777's suggestions; doing so has really improved stability for me (though cpu intensive tasks such as games tend to crash now)

I'd agree with those saying it would be best not to include launchers since you can't uninstall them. I'm using apex myself.

If anyone is interested, Swype works great on here. Would have been,almost a deal breaker for me if it didn't :p

Do you mind if we ask questions in this thread that haven't been addressed in your dev thread, or would that be best served by a new thread?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

riddle777

Apr 9, 2012
Smooth

Good work. Looking forward to to more customizations in 1.2.

Last edited:

The Observer

Jan 17, 2012
Amman
Very Good ROM and you have put a realy good job in it, and I use it now
but there is one problem the device freez several times
and in a diferent situations, sometime it freez when I play games
other times when I browse the Internet, and I try change the CPU mini and max freq
to 600 and 1200 still freez then tried to change to 600 and 1200 then try to change to 600 1080 then to 600 800 and try to chage the gov too, and yet still freez
is there a Solution for this problem it realy disturb me

thank you very much for this development and it realy a good job what you do
and I hope you have a Solution for the freez bug

Mao_anguita

Apr 11, 2012
Viña del mar
i Cant post on the development so i will post here.

Any one got Swype working on this ?

mine says something like "screen resolution NOT suported"

by the way your ROM is AWSOME! keep up the good work :)

mrl515

Apr 1, 2012
Tuscaloosa
I can't remember if you already said it or not, but will you be including the reflective blue soft keys with 1.2, or will you leave it stock? Thanks for the hard work, great ROM

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

Daevionne

Apr 9, 2012
El Cajon
The ROM is beautiful and works very well. Some times the kindle will freeze up and restart, but thats okay. The only thing is adobe flash doesn't work., which results in not being able to watch videos. Even if I download flash from the market it still wont work. That just might be my deal breaker. good work on the rom, though.

EDIT: the flash works but the frequent freeze ups r still a problem

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

Last edited:

Bozz5384

Jan 8, 2012
Thanks for a great ROM, I loaded it last night and although it works pretty good, I am getting frequent freeze-ups. Haven't changed the CPU governor yet, to see if that changes anything.

Suggestions?

BrooksBlood

Apr 1, 2012
Goodyear Az
Thanks for a great ROM, I loaded it last night and although it works pretty good, I am getting frequent freeze-ups. Haven't changed the CPU governor yet, to see if that changes anything.

Suggestions?

600 min 12000 Max governor on demand for both wake and sleep. Remember that all kindles handle over clocking differently and these settings may not be perfect for you since you may have a different amount of wear down on certain components such as the thermal protection substance etc. These settings seem to work for about 80 percent of the users with this rom. Some can over clock to 1.3 without freezes or reboot but some just can handle it. This setting again work for about 80% of the users I see using this rom.
Hope this helps
Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA

Reactions: Bozz5384

panamakevin

programs freeze and apps disappear after reboot

I love this from and have a hard time imagining messing with any others. I only have a few questions... after installing apps and its not one in particular, I will notice that while running some apps it will freeze and I have to reboot. After reboot several apps will no longer work. The icon will still be on my homepage but not n my app drawer. When I click them it will say app isn't installed. Has anyone found this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Robec1981

Apr 7, 2009
Corpus Christi, Tx
ROM quirks, praise

I'm noticing that high-end games are troublesome. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, for one. It just doesn't seem to work. When I use "Hide My Root", Dead Space works, but it's very crashy, and it disappears upon reboot. :confused:

That said, I DO love this ROM. It's the most fluid experience of ICS yet. Thanks, dev!

scottinokc

Dec 24, 2011
Oklahoma City
I can't post in the Development Forum yet, but I wanted to say thank you for this ROM. I was occasionally getting the SOD, but I've found turning off wifi if I'm leaving the Kindle for extended lengths of time has eliminated that issue completely.

Daevionne

Apr 9, 2012
El Cajon
Freezes up way too much. Went back to stock.

Kindle Fire running KANG CM9
New developer, working on my own custom rom

TheLaz

Mar 23, 2012
Birmingham,Alabama.....
I have been using this Rom for a week now and have not had one single issue. OC to 13 stays at 13 not resetting,no SoD, no lag,no nothing. Not had any of the problems others have mentioned. Fast , smooth ,looks great. Followed the step by step instructions.I used Twrp to install Rom and gapps. Fantastic job. :thumbup:

Sent from my Kindle Fire /Cm9/Reloaded using XDA

Bozz5384

Jan 8, 2012
I'll be happy to give it another shot when 1.2 is officially released. I just had continuous freeze ups and SOD everytime I sent it to sleep.

With that said, I am very appreciative of the effort you guys as devs are putting in, and am confident that once the kernel issues are sorted we will have a great little ICS running Fire.

aetius

Jun 5, 2011
Great Job

Just wanted to echo the other comments and say how great this ROM is. Been running it for only a day, but no issues and vastly superior to stock.

My only issue is the same one Mao_anguita had with Swype saying it has an unsupported resolution. Probably a Swype problem but I'll keep looking at it.

Thanks again for a great job!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20572262.jpg

This will be a thread where people can give feedback on my rom for the KF. I was requested to create this because some people can not post in the development section yet. Please give positive feedback as well as constructive criticism in this thread. Also, you can make requests for features. Thank you guys for all of the support and I hope that everyone can express their opinion about CM9 Reloaded on the KF.

Cheers, everyone!

Original Development thread found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1563171
    Thanks everyone. I hope that in the future this from can become even more stable.

~ BiteBlaze via HTC Sensation
    The kindle doesn't shutdown completely when you do short-press of the button and select shutdown from the menu. The lcd still glows. I saw a few of us ask this question, but did not see a response other than the workaround of vlong button press shutdown. Any better ideas or fixes?

I have the latest cm9 1.2H rom and hashcode's kernel #7 flashed.

Its a kernel issue that I'm actively troubleshooting (it might be the last big bug actually).

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
    The other issue is Netflix. The application itself works, I can browse titles and stuff, but no videos play. I click play and nothing. No error or anything, just nothing. Will 1.3 fix this?

There is a build.prop fix you can do to get this working without 1.3. :) To fix it, use RootExplorer (or any other file manager with root permissions) and locate your build.prop file. Find the line that says ro.product.model, and change the value from "Kindle Fire" to "Amazon Kindle Fire". Save it, and reboot. This will fix it.

If you haven't done this before, shoot me a pm and I'll try to walk you through it. :)
    Fantastic

Just flashed this and it works so well! I feel like i finally have a fully fictional android tablet!

Just out of curiosity; Why haven't you made this available via a bit-torrent download (with web seeds)? It would solve the bandwidth issue i noticed you had when you first released this.

Keep up the fantastic work!