Use of buttons and Canvas

Search This thread

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina
Not entirely sure what I'm doing here but here's what I'd like to do. I use a Canvas watchface and I'd like to be able to hit the up button and see a weather center app or hit the down button and see some other app. Can I do that with Canvas/Pebble? How would I set that up?

Belkiolle

Jun 6, 2011
Not entirely sure what I'm doing here but here's what I'd like to do. I use a Canvas watchface and I'd like to be able to hit the up button and see a weather center app or hit the down button and see some other app. Can I do that with Canvas/Pebble? How would I set that up?

I don't know about Canvas. I do this with Glance.

Belkiolle

Jun 6, 2011
Looked at Glance but it was more difficult than it should be. At least at that point in my Pebble life. Ill try it again. How do you do this?

1. Open the Glance phone app.
2. Click on Customize Watch.
3. Scroll to the bottom to the Button Mapping section.
4. There are four button press mapping options there. Set them to whatever app you want that has Glance support.

You can also set a single custom app launch if you have the app's UUID.

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina
4. There are four button press mapping options there. Set them to whatever app you want that has Glance support.

Got it! Thanks! Still not sure if this is what I want but its fun to play.

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina

I've got a screen set up but I can't get the weather to work. Always says no connection. Weather is one thing I want accuracy in.

camolito

Oct 10, 2009
You can accomplish what your are looking for with AutoPebble and Tasker. AutoPebble allows Tasker to react to button presses on your Pebble watch. Tasker can then launch a different Pebble app (AutoPebble plugin action) or load a different Canvas watch face. I use this to cycle between 2 different Canvas watch faces with the bottom button and to load different apps with the top button (freeCaddie, Roku remote, or NavMe depending on other variables set in Tasker). I also use the middle button to launch PebbleTasker with a menu tree to get to several other Tasker tasks.

ejasmudar

Jun 29, 2009
You can accomplish what your are looking for with AutoPebble and Tasker. AutoPebble allows Tasker to react to button presses on your Pebble watch. Tasker can then launch a different Pebble app (AutoPebble plugin action) or load a different Canvas watch face. I use this to cycle between 2 different Canvas watch faces with the bottom button and to load different apps with the top button (freeCaddie, Roku remote, or NavMe depending on other variables set in Tasker). I also use the middle button to launch PebbleTasker with a menu tree to get to several other Tasker tasks.

I am trying to do something similiar. I have figured out how to intercept button clicks from tasker. However, each button press while in canvas leads to a strong vibration. Do you know how the vibration can be changed? Also, how do I prevent canvas from not changing the watch face if I press the up/down buttons? Currently pressing the up button skips track in my mobile and changes watchface in canvas.
Thanks

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
Disable every watchface in the Canvas app except the one you are using.

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
Yes, this just prevents the watchface swap. As far as I know, there is no way you can disable the vibration.