Replaced Battery twice...strange behavior

Search This thread

cwoodffr

Oct 4, 2013
I ordered a new OEM battery. Replaced the original. The phone charges normally to 100%, but during use it gets to 20% and shuts off due to low power. Just shuts down. You have to plug it in for about 5 mins before you can even turn it on again. when it comes on it is at 1%. I went back to the provider and complained that he sent me a bum battery....they sent me another....same issue! So I think its a calibration problem.

Anyone have ideas?

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
I ordered a new OEM battery. Replaced the original. The phone charges normally to 100%, but during use it gets to 20% and shuts off due to low power. Just shuts down. You have to plug it in for about 5 mins before you can even turn it on again. when it comes on it is at 1%. I went back to the provider and complained that he sent me a bum battery....they sent me another....same issue! So I think its a calibration problem.

Anyone have ideas?
Well, did u try to recalibrate it?

cwoodffr

Oct 4, 2013
Well, did u try to recalibrate it?

The only reference I can find to xperia battery recalibration are steps that are for versions with removable batteries or steps that don't work on the ZL (one set of actions including holding the power button and up volume for 10 secs where there is no response from the phone)

Do you know of any process for ZL that is not root required?

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
The only reference I can find to xperia battery recalibration are steps that are for versions with removable batteries or steps that don't work on the ZL (one set of actions including holding the power button and up volume for 10 secs where there is no response from the phone)

Do you know of any process for ZL that is not root required?
Have u try to use an app called "Battery Calibration" or something like that?
U need root to do it

Boosted_01 R

Sep 22, 2013
These 100% OEM batteries you see selling on Ebay are 99.9% fake.... its luck if you get them to work and if you do, be glad if you get more than a month out of it.... Get a proper battery from Sony... Ebay is good for a lot of things.... batteries are not one of those things, been there done that lol

Reactions: control freak

daniLaLaLaLaLa

Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
plus.google.com

Anyone have ideas?

i have the same problem as yours,100% same but it happened to me after installing custom rom on android 4.3..
battery jump from 20% to 0% immediately.. with no mercy, phone shuts off at any cost and start again at 1% after turned on and charged.
i still use the original battery (not replaced it yet) and in battery health test said it's good, no need to replace it.
now i'm trying to find the fix by myself.. maybe i have messed up something with my phone.. :confused:

daniLaLaLaLaLa

Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
plus.google.com
Here's an update of my device..
Finally, no need to wait for 20% or below to shuts off..
This problem become more critical to my device, somebody help me!

1407094699207.jpg

The right side of the graph show battery drops immediately from 50% to 0%.. No Mercy

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Free mobile app

gomogi

Oct 5, 2010
Same with me after reboot from recovery

Sent from my Xperia ZL using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These 100% OEM batteries you see selling on Ebay are 99.9% fake.... its luck if you get them to work and if you do, be glad if you get more than a month out of it.... Get a proper battery from Sony... Ebay is good for a lot of things.... batteries are not one of those things, been there done that lol
    Update 4.4.4 solved my battery problem.. See the graf, it's drop normaly now.

1410427789028.jpg

Sent from my C6502 using Instagram