(Tools) Avabox

Search This thread

Avalaunchmods

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
So this is the Avabox. original title i know

I put this to together back with the hero during some hard forums times in order to push further development with customizations. and it worked.

so here it is for the Evo devs. I set it up for windows but of course perl scripts run in linux so its universal. But if you want to learn/work on some customizations for the evo but you dont wanna dual boot linux or w/e here is something for you.

im hoping to see some good things soon :cool: any issues with this just comment or pm. good luck.

Avabox Download

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
So this is the Avabox. original title i know

I put this to together back with the hero during some hard forums times in order to push further development with customizations. and it worked.

so here it is for the Evo devs. I set it up for windows but of course perl scripts run in linux so its universal. But if you want to learn/work on some customizations for the evo but you dont wanna dual boot linux or w/e here is something for you.

im hoping to see some good things soon :cool: any issues with this just comment or pm. good luck.

Avabox Download

You are really doing us a favor. The Avabox's in the Hero forum were a life saver(but I lost the links to them).

Putting this in my Resources Guide. A must-have toolbox.

Avalaunchmods

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
You are really doing us a favor. The Avabox's in the Hero forum were a life saver(but I lost the links to them).

Putting this in my Resources Guide. A must-have toolbox.

good to hear. im staying busy so its hard to work on the evo. im honestly happy stock haha. but anyways yes lets keep this alive and get everyone in on some evo love

its a compilation of scripts for windows to cook a rom and create/modify/extract/compile/unzip/deodex/sign/everything android 1.5 and up.

works with linux too.

frifox

Oct 12, 2007
Portland, OR
Good timing. I'm here trying to remove yxplayer's trial / 2min time limit. Managed to decompile, edited smali files, recompile, sign. So far so good, worked as expected (re-mapping various functions to different buttons). Now gotta hunt down the code which actually triggers that 2min play limit, and with some luck, maybe the whole validate-the-serial-number routine :D

PS: was using only APKTool & Auto-Sign. Will check out the tools in Avabox and see if they will be useful.

thatguythatdid

Mar 10, 2010
With your mom :) milf
maybe a bump maybe not this is awesome is this the latest version? Oh stupid question? Someones gonna ask. :D this is great for unpacking boot.img signing zips everything to make your own rom. Wow even has a deodexer

Reactions: pawo99

athanos

Apr 4, 2010
I tried doing a search to see if anyone had the problem I am currently having, but I could not find anything (on the hero forums as well). So, I thought I would ask the community.

I am trying to deodex an apk. The program says that it deodexed it, but there is no classes.dex file in the apk. I am getting an error running it though. Here is the error:

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: error while dumping fiel
ds
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.Deodexerant.sendMultilineComman d(Deodexerant.java:
241)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.Deodexerant.access$200(Deodexer ant.java:44)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.Deodexerant$ClassData.loadField s(Deodexerant.java:
521)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.Deodexerant$ClassData.lookupFie ld(Deodexerant.java
:473)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.Deodexerant.lookupField(Deodexe rant.java:142)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.DeodexUtil.deodexInstruction(De odexUtil.java:566)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.DeodexUtil.deodexerizeCode(Deod exUtil.java:205)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition$MethodIt emList.generateMeth
odItemList(MethodDefinition.java:183)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.getMetho dItems(MethodDefini
tion.java:144)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.makeTemp late(MethodDefiniti
on.java:61)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.getDirect Methods(ClassDefini
tion.java:272)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.makeTempl ate(ClassDefinition
.java:74)
at org.jf.baksmali.baksmali.disassembleDexFile(baksma li.java:112)
at org.jf.baksmali.main.main(main.java:183)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: error while dumping fields
232)
... 13 more

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at org.jf.dexlib.DexFile$2.placeAt(DexFile.java:733)
at org.jf.dexlib.DexFile.place(DexFile.java:608)
at org.jf.smali.main.main(main.java:177)

Any clues? Thanks in advance for any response and help you might be able to offer.

halorin

Aug 9, 2007
Could a complete nub download this and make a ROM? I've been interested in getting into development, but I have no clue where to start. I catch onto things quickly, and I'm willing to learn. I just don't know where to begin.

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
I tried doing a search to see if anyone had the problem I am currently having, but I could not find anything (on the hero forums as well). So, I thought I would ask the community.

I am trying to deodex an apk. The program says that it deodexed it, but there is no classes.dex file in the apk. I am getting an error running it though. Here is the error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: error while dumping fiel
ds
241)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.Deodexerant.access$200(Deodexer ant.java:44)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.Deodexerant$ClassData.loadField s(Deodexerant.java:
521)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.Deodexerant$ClassData.lookupFie ld(Deodexerant.java
:473)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.Deodexerant.lookupField(Deodexe rant.java:142)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.DeodexUtil.deodexInstruction(De odexUtil.java:566)
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.DeodexUtil.deodexerizeCode(Deod exUtil.java:205)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition$MethodIt emList.generateMeth
odItemList(MethodDefinition.java:183)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.getMetho dItems(MethodDefini
tion.java:144)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.MethodDefinition.makeTemp late(MethodDefiniti
on.java:61)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.getDirect Methods(ClassDefini
tion.java:272)
at org.jf.baksmali.Adaptors.ClassDefinition.makeTempl ate(ClassDefinition
.java:74)
at org.jf.baksmali.baksmali.disassembleDexFile(baksma li.java:112)
at org.jf.baksmali.main.main(main.java:183)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: error while dumping fields
232)
... 13 more

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at org.jf.dexlib.DexFile$2.placeAt(DexFile.java:733)
at org.jf.dexlib.DexFile.place(DexFile.java:608)
at org.jf.smali.main.main(main.java:177)

Any clues? Thanks in advance for any response and help you might be able to offer.

What apk are you trying to deodex? Are you using the right BOOTCLASSPATH?

athanos

Apr 4, 2010
What apk are you trying to deodex? Are you using the right BOOTCLASSPATH?

I'm a noob, so please forgive me. I am not sure about the BOOTCLASSPATH. I am trying to deodex htcmailwidgets.apk. I know there are already deodexed ones out there, but I wanted to deodex the one from the legend (it has a couple of options for the widget which are not able to be done with the standard mail widget) to use on my hero without changing to the Legend ROM. Hope that makes sense.

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
I'm a noob, so please forgive me. I am not sure about the BOOTCLASSPATH. I am trying to deodex htcmailwidgets.apk. I know there are already deodexed ones out there, but I wanted to deodex the one from the legend (it has a couple of options for the widget which are not able to be done with the standard mail widget) to use on my hero without changing to the Legend ROM. Hope that makes sense.

Sense bootclasspath is: core.jar:ext.jar:framework.jar:android.policy.jar:services.jar:com.htc.framework.jar:com.htc.android.pimlib.jar:com.htc.android.easopen.jar:com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar

I haven't used Avabox yet. I hope this helps until I can play around with this tonight.

jmlott

Jul 3, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I may have completely misread the OP, and forgive me if I did, but aren't there supposed to perl scripts in the package that would allow me to use this in Linux? I am not seeing anything but .exe and .bat files. I dont use Windows, and wouldnt trust wine to do development work. Is there another version of this floating around I can use?

Edit: I found the code repository http://code.google.com/p/smali/

Edit2: NM. I finally opened my eyes and found the perl scripts in Boot Scripts. The above code repo is the updated version of Smali.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe a bump maybe not this is awesome is this the latest version? Oh stupid question? Someones gonna ask. :D this is great for unpacking boot.img signing zips everything to make your own rom. Wow even has a deodexer