my phone is bricked i think

Search This thread

icebear8

Aug 5, 2010
Des moines ia
so i tried to update my phone to EC05 thru odin with the sydicaterom 1.1 (i was on 1.0.2) so i downloaded the modem and the odin package on this website for it and when i tried to flash it (was in download mode on my phone) it went stright to fail in odin and then my phone reset and now when i turn on my phone or plug it into the computer or wall charger it comes up with a little picture of a phone and then 2 dots and then a ! and then a little computer . and when i try to hold the power,cam,volume down buttons it does the same the only thing i can do on my phone is enter download mode thru power and holding 1 what can i do i am stuck. when i plug my phone into the computer so odin can read it nothing happens even when i put it in download mode my 2 computers wont read my phone

Milkman00

Jun 12, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida
so i tried to update my phone to EC05 thru odin with the sydicaterom 1.1 (i was on 1.0.2) so i downloaded the modem and the odin package on this website for it and when i tried to flash it (was in download mode on my phone) it went stright to fail in odin and then my phone reset and now when i turn on my phone or plug it into the computer or wall charger it comes up with a little picture of a phone and then 2 dots and then a ! and then a little computer . and when i try to hold the power,cam,volume down buttons it does the same the only thing i can do on my phone is enter download mode thru power and holding 1 what can i do i am stuck. when i plug my phone into the computer so odin can read it nothing happens even when i put it in download mode my 2 computers wont read my phone

Your phone is probably not bricked if you can enter download mode.

Have you tried a different cable??? Also, for now - just to see if your phone is in bad shape, I would try to download a stock DI18 or something. Maybe the ROM image you have is corrupted.

icebear8

Aug 5, 2010
Des moines ia
tryin to find a different cable right now my kids went and hid my usb cable for my phone and using my gfs phone usb (which is a LG) but until then this is all i got lol but yea i did try different roms and the DI18 and EB which i was on and odin wont even get my phone to pop up

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
tryin to find a different cable right now my kids went and hid my usb cable for my phone and using my gfs phone usb (which is a LG) but until then this is all i got lol but yea i did try different roms and the DI18 and EB which i was on and odin wont even get my phone to pop up

Why would you odin in the first place when we have the flashable.zips... Much easier. Just go back into download mode and reodin and you should be just fine.

icebear8

Aug 5, 2010
Des moines ia
i found the right cable but odin still wont find my phone =/. thats the problem is that odin wont do anything because it wont see my phone in download mode i DID get into CWM and tried reinstalling my roms and stuff but when it gets done installing whatever i want to install it restarts and goes to the whole phone and computer icon

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago
Look through the general section in this forum and go to the how to video thread. It will show you how to properly use odin. There is also a video showing you how to update to ec05. Id post the link but I'm on my phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

mayford5

Mar 29, 2011
Near StL
i found the right cable but odin still wont find my phone =/. thats the problem is that odin wont do anything because it wont see my phone in download mode i DID get into CWM and tried reinstalling my roms and stuff but when it gets done installing whatever i want to install it restarts and goes to the whole phone and computer icon

This happened to me and I had to pull my battery and start up in download mode again. Try that.

icebear8

Aug 5, 2010
Des moines ia
did what that guide said to do i put in download mode and plug my cable in and still no go it will not connect to computer nothing comes up in odin. i tried takin battery out and sd card and putting them back in and no go (also did with out battery in the phone)

mephime

Dec 29, 2010
I thought my phone was bricked it was stuck, I had pulled the battery out several times and nothing, so I left the battery out for a couple of hours and when I put the battery back in it started working, not sure why just happy it did, word to the wise sprint wont work on the phone unless you have everything back to stock, I tried before leaving the battery out, before I got to sprint the phone wouldnt do anything let it off over night to take to sprint to try and get a new one I figured since it wont boot at all they will never know, but as luck would have it when I got to sprint after giving up on the phone and leaving it off over night, the sprint rep turns it on and it goes straight to clock work :0, its worth a try

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago
Did you install the samsung drivers?? Did you try different micro usb cables?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

DCRocks

Oct 4, 2010
Washington DC
Good news: As long as you can enter Download mode on your phone, it should not be bricked

Bad news: there are many reasons a computer would not see a phone in download mode

1) wrong/bad drivers
2) bad cable
3) bad/flakey USB port on computer
4) bad/flakey usb port on phone

my tip: With the phone in download mode, instead of trying to use ODIN, download the EB13 SWUpdate exe and try using that. It will wipe the phone just like ODIN, but is a lot less tempermental, and almost foolproof compaired to ODIN, and will retore the phone to stock EB13, at which point the EC05 update can be copied to the SD Card and then run to update to EC05