[Q] Desire Z 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0 update??

Search This thread

VaderSKN

Apr 22, 2011
Stockholm
No it's not. On HTC Blog it is stated ROM. There was similar problem with HTC Desire and 2.3 update. There was too little space for installing update. ROM not only means software maked on xda, it also means Read Only Memory, where software is stored. HTC stated clearly, its ROM problem not RAM

k, I believe u. **** IN THAT, we have to wait until ICS for Desire series.

wizard25

Feb 9, 2012
Novi Sad
Possible?

Hey guys ROM with Jelly Bean for Desire Z/G2 possible (with interface like Google Nexus)?
I saw that it has Google Assistant,its awesome :D

kbeezie

Feb 23, 2010
Grand Rapids, Mi
karlblessing.com
Hey guys ROM with Jelly Bean for Desire Z/G2 possible (with interface like Google Nexus)?
I saw that it has Google Assistant,its awesome :D

Not sure why the Necro bump, but where do you see a working JB rom for G2? Last I checked there's several working ICS roms, but the only JB roms simply boot up, and nothing more (work in progress you could say).

Unless you mistook Sense 3.0 as meaning the 3.0 Kernel.

wizard25

Feb 9, 2012
Novi Sad
xD

Not sure why the Necro bump, but where do you see a working JB rom for G2? Last I checked there's several working ICS roms, but the only JB roms simply boot up, and nothing more (work in progress you could say).

Unless you mistook Sense 3.0 as meaning the 3.0 Kernel.

No xD
I asked will that be possible in future, JB ROM for G2

kbeezie

Feb 23, 2010
Grand Rapids, Mi
karlblessing.com
Htc one V has 4gb ROM i think. According to this we should get update, because we have 1.5GB rom.

This post from HTC blog says about phones with less then 512 rom not being updated. So its wildfire, wildfire s, desire. There is no info about ram. Maybe somebody from HTC can confirm that... But if they statet that only devices with 512mb rom or less will not get update, there is no reason we should not get it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Well *sort of*. The G2/Vision is a 4GB rom that's been perma-partitioned to have a ~ 1.2-1.5GB "user space" in the rom, rather something like 1GB to /system , 1GB to OTA, some to some other partitions, but generally ~ 2 to the user space.

So if they're talking bout more than 512MB being dedicated to system space, then should be ok. Just wish that T-Mobile/HTC's "creative partitioning" could be re-done to regain say the OTA space.

though if I view my partition table via 4EXT it has the following capacities for internal storage:

system 409 MB
data 1309 MB
cache 201MB

So not sure if that ~409MB counts against use for the 512MB limit, especially as the partition sizes are irreversible once they leave the factory.

EDIT: http://www.htc.com/www/help/android4faq/?cid=android4blog

Vision/Desire-Z is no where on that list, so guess safe to say we won't be getting ICS officially.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Desire Z will officially get an update in January, but nobody knows what will it include
    Wildfire S got an update recently with sense 3.0 lockscreen, but officialy it's called sense 2.1
    Now Desire HD and Incredible S got a Sense 3.0 update. Hope we will get something too, especially if there's no next generation qwerty phone from HTC.
    HTC engineers are working to bring Sense 3.0 to Desire Z at the moment, if they decide that Sense 3.0 works on Desire Z without any problem, they will release it via OTA, but if they decide that Sense 3.0 is not compatible with Desire Z, then they will cut the biggest features like 3D scrolling, and just release some Sense 3.0 features like Active Lock Screen as Sense 2.2 via OTA
    Answer of HTC

Hy everybody,
    have asked HTC what's with an update for DesireZ.
    They answered me, that they are trying to bring up the newest staff what ist able to run without lags.
    A date of rolout isn't given in their answer so be happy there will be an update.
    agree

New HTC phone, Desire C runs ICS and Sense 4.0 on only 600MHz and 512MB RAM.
    So I think that we can confirm that Desire Z can run ICS and Sense 4.0!
    I think that there is still a chance to get a Update at least 2.3.5 and Sense 3.x
    All strong dual core and 1ghz> phones are already on the ICS update list.
    The ICS update list is not completed as they said,so if you take a look at that list, only phones that are not on the list are Desire Z, Desire, Wildfire S, Explorer and other, that means that they are working on something.
    Desire Z got an update few days ago, does anybody know what is that update for?
    If they don't give us an update, we can conclude that HTC is very busy working on other new phones, and updating old phones doesn't pay-off, they want us to buy new phones with new software, but Thank God we have Custom ROMS :D
    Is there any ROM ICS and Sense 4.0 for DZ that has working camera?

1. You're pretty much right, buddy.
    The One V and the new Desire C all prove our phone can handle ICS and Sense 4.
    So does Virtuous Team's Virtuous Primadonna ROM. I have been having it for a few days, reall really only the camera is missing, there might be a few bugs, I haven' found any that annoyed me. It works flawlessly!!!!

2. But also, these phone show that they come out with new, cheap phones, so we're gonna lose the tug-o-war and buy new phones. (all this making our good old Desire Z less worthy and harder to sell :D )

3. There's no Sense ICS ROM with a working camera that I know of.

4. Ohh, the small recent update is just a stability fix, I guess. Not even Sense 3.5

Let's keep hoping!!!