Thread for saying Thank you & Good Bye to the Greatest Developers

Search This thread

InternationalPlayer71

Dec 8, 2010
Vicenza
Well there are already a few threads on this subject in general section & the problem with these kinds of threads is that you'll miss some names anyway
From 1.6 days to 2.3 & until now there were many developers & contributers in X10 scene, I took a look at your list & saw some important names missing:

Achotjan, Cobrato, Erickwill, Rdannar, aZuZu, Anantshri, MrHassell, Kxhawkings, Hawkysoft, pvyParts, DikeJ,.... also there was this guy who I can't remember his name who always did a great job on collecting & releasing original firmware, and last but not least the great guys who contributed to bootloader cracking/unlocking project like Goroh_kun, The_Laser, Maxfron & .....

also special mention for J.Anderson who was the most fun guy I've ever seen in these forums, hahaha

J.Anderson!!!! Ahahah lol...thanks riginal for remembering to all ancient x10's users some of the best funny thing happened in the x10's story!!! :p Personally,I was forgetting some of them!! And also thanks for the list of people you reported!!! :) ahahah...can't stop laughing...just thinking...if we are going to include j.Anderson in the list,we should do the same for GeoHot!!! :D lol

Long life x10!!

Sorry for spamming...it's not my habitude,but sometimes I can't resist!! :) I hope you will forgive me!! Lol

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Reactions: riginal

riginal

Jan 2, 2011
J.Anderson!!!! Ahahah lol...thanks riginal for remembering to all ancient x10's users some of the best funny thing happened in the x10's story!!! :p Personally,I was forgetting some of them!! And also thanks for the list of people you reported!!! :) ahahah...can't stop laughing...just thinking...if we are going to include j.Anderson in the list,we should do the same for GeoHot!!! :D lol

Long life x10!!

Sorry for spamming...it's not my habitude,but sometimes I can't resist!! :) I hope you will forgive me!! Lol

lol, yes, and he was such an important personality that he has a dedicated thread by Pilot:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1067801

"as you all know j.Anderson is a tremendous pain in the kneck. and has been banned for being one."

hahaha

and by the way don't you know? j.anderson WAS geohot..or vice versa...lol

Last edited:

InternationalPlayer71

Dec 8, 2010
Vicenza
lol, yes, and he was such an important personality that he has a dedicated thread by Pilot:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1067801

"as you all know j.Anderson is a tremendous pain in the kneck. and has been banned for being one."

hahaha

and by the way don't you know? j.anderson WAS geohot..or vice versa...lol

Ahahahaha...fantastic!!! Lol
He gave to mods some work to do!!! :p Poor Pilot and Mr.Clown!!! Lol I'm sure they haven't forgotten him yet!!!
However,we really should open a thread called "most funny/stupid things happened during x10's life" but unfortunately I guess mods would not be so happy about it!! :(

Anyway,thanks again for your sympathy!! :p lol

EzzyLupe

Nov 7, 2012
Khartoum
NOOOOOO :( , we have been added to the Legacy & Low Activity Device forum , we should be in just Legacy not Low Activity lol ??

EzzyLupe

Nov 7, 2012
Khartoum
Another developer left the forum , Vasishta Reddy left guys , but he left after leaving really a wonderful , great work that no one will forget
We all hope you find the better place and the things you want in your life !! :)
Good Luck Vasishta Reddy !!!

leifemagnuson

Mar 15, 2011
Raleigh N.C.
J., Z., A., Doomlord And trip. I followed some of these guys around the phoneverse. Still have my x10. Its a home remote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

aznracer62

Nov 6, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
J., Z., A., Doomlord And trip. I followed some of these guys around the phoneverse. Still have my x10. Its a home remote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Oh man I remember the tripnraver drama. Wow what a throwback. I loved the x10. My first experience with android. Mom is using it now. Still running doomlords Rom where I left it 2 years ago. Still getting a day's worth of battery.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Mijiwo

Oct 19, 2012
used x10 for 3 years, now use achtojan's JB, can't believe can run a so smooth JB rom on this old device. thank for dev's hard work:fingers-crossed:

riginal

Jan 2, 2011
Oh man I remember the tripnraver drama. Wow what a throwback. I loved the x10. My first experience with android. Mom is using it now. Still running doomlords Rom where I left it 2 years ago. Still getting a day's worth of battery.

How's the LG Optimus G? Any lag or FC? I still have my X10 & the lag & FC (specially when installing many apps) is driving me insane, how's the battery life? & LG sucks with updates, right?

aznracer62

Nov 6, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
How's the LG Optimus G? Any lag or FC? I still have my X10 & the lag & FC (specially when installing many apps) is driving me insane, how's the battery life? & LG sucks with updates, right?

I love my Optimus G. There's no lag or FC for me, as long as you follow the installation process like any other phone. I'm running AOSP 4.4.2 and everything works. I think the only "bug" would be NFC. In order for it to work, you just have to flash an additional zip file in addition to the ROM and gapps.

The battery life is better than the previous phones i've owned or my family has owned (x10, Samsung Captivate, Samsung Infuse, s3, s4, any iPhone). From a full charge, I typically get 1 day 4 hours and with about 4 hours of screen time, wifi on the whole time, and bluetooth streaming music for about an hour.

LG does suck with updates but Google does not. The Optimus G shares the hardware with the Nexus 4 so we always get the latest updates. The Nexus 5 is also made by LG so porting ROMs haven't been a problem with the devs as far as i know.

The thing I miss about my x10 is the audio quality through headphones. I'm a noob audiophile but i can tell the difference with the two phones. I don't think the Optimus G's DAC and amp is as good as the x10s. I mean Sony is known for audio, so you would expect its products to be good or decent. The audio chip in the Optimus is from snapdragon (I think) which i don't expect to be great in audio. If you're not an audiophile then you won't really notice the difference.

riginal

Jan 2, 2011
I love my Optimus G. There's no lag or FC for me, as long as you follow the installation process like any other phone. I'm running AOSP 4.4.2 and everything works. I think the only "bug" would be NFC. In order for it to work, you just have to flash an additional zip file in addition to the ROM and gapps.

The battery life is better than the previous phones i've owned or my family has owned (x10, Samsung Captivate, Samsung Infuse, s3, s4, any iPhone). From a full charge, I typically get 1 day 4 hours and with about 4 hours of screen time, wifi on the whole time, and bluetooth streaming music for about an hour.

LG does suck with updates but Google does not. The Optimus G shares the hardware with the Nexus 4 so we always get the latest updates. The Nexus 5 is also made by LG so porting ROMs haven't been a problem with the devs as far as i know.

The thing I miss about my x10 is the audio quality through headphones. I'm a noob audiophile but i can tell the difference with the two phones. I don't think the Optimus G's DAC and amp is as good as the x10s. I mean Sony is known for audio, so you would expect its products to be good or decent. The audio chip in the Optimus is from snapdragon (I think) which i don't expect to be great in audio. If you're not an audiophile then you won't really notice the difference.

Cool, Thanks, But how about the stock rom? is it stable & lag-free? I ask because I recommended my friend to buy Optimus G instead of Galaxy S3 or Xperia T & I know he's going to use only stock rom, any news about official kitkat for optimus?

I'll probably go with LG Optimus G pro or Note II myself,

aznracer62

Nov 6, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Cool, Thanks, But how about the stock rom? is it stable & lag-free? I ask because I recommended my friend to buy Optimus G instead of Galaxy S3 or Xperia T & I know he's going to use only stock rom, any news about official kitkat for optimus?

I'll probably go with LG Optimus G pro or Note II myself,

If he only uses stock I'd go for the s3 or s4. Samsung caters well for them. LG will never update the optimus g. Same with the xperia t. Eventually you'd have to rely on custom roms. The stock Rom for the optimus g is 4.1.2 I believe when I bought it last year. From the box I didn't notice any lag. Really stable. Lots of really useful apps. Battery is great. Not as good as custom roms of course but it will last a full day of medium use.

aznracer62

Nov 6, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Just a sample of battery life on aosp kitkat.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388136831096.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388136831096.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388136841730.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388136841730.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 35

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all thank you for great , wonderful & beautiful work on the X10 you actually shocked the world cuz no one thought that x10 gonna reach this lvl !! and i apologize cuz i know you got insulted by too many mf & *****s that doesn't deserve any of your work and they don't also your attention !! so i hope you find a great job that can make you the happiest person !! we all hope so :) !
    Well i'm trying to learn how to develop so i wish i can be like you guys !! btw i got the idea of selling my x10 few weeks ago but now i think i might not !! i'm so much thankful for amazing work !! Wish you best luck in your life

Good bye :-
    Scritch
    FeraVolt ( Is Back )
    DooMLorD
    alzbac
    Wolfbreak
    ThJap
    Zdzihu
    Crowds
    Championswimmer
    Mcsqwizzys98
    TripNRaVeR
    Oodie
    Jerpelea (aka FXP)
    Spaarc
    Bin4ry
    Iridaki (Themer)
    Colossus (Moderator)
    Goroh_kun
    The_Laser
    Maxfron
    Achotjan ( Is back )
    Vasishta Reddy
    Cobrato
    Erickwill
    Rdannar
    aZuZu
    Anantshri
    MrHassell
    Kxhawkings
    Hawkysoft
    pvyParts
    DikeJ ( Is Back )
    X10Forever
    J. Anderson aka Geohot aka Vice Versa
    and the other develppers who i don't remember their names ( Will add them later )

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda app-developers app
    Well there are already a few threads on this subject in general section & the problem with these kinds of threads is that you'll miss some names anyway
    From 1.6 days to 2.3 & until now there were many developers & contributers in X10 scene, I took a look at your list & saw some important names missing:

Achotjan, Cobrato, Erickwill, Rdannar, aZuZu, Anantshri, MrHassell, Kxhawkings, Hawkysoft, pvyParts, DikeJ,.... also there was this guy who I can't remember his name who always did a great job on collecting & releasing original firmware, and last but not least the great guys who contributed to bootloader cracking/unlocking project like Goroh_kun, The_Laser, Maxfron & .....

also special mention for J.Anderson who was the most fun guy I've ever seen in these forums, hahaha
    Crowds, championswimmer, mcsqwizzys98, TripNRaVeR, Oodie, Jerpelea (better known as FXP), spaarc, Bin4ry, iridaki (themer), colossus (moderator). I think that's about all of them and your list is now complete;) There sure were a lot of great dev's and man those were great times, the good old days. May we never forget! :silly:;)
    We all forgot X10Forever :l !! He really did a great job on this phone
    Another developer left the forum , Vasishta Reddy left guys , but he left after leaving really a wonderful , great work that no one will forget
    We all hope you find the better place and the things you want in your life !! :)
    Good Luck Vasishta Reddy !!!