S3 mini boot loop problem

Search This thread

ReeceWyld

Jan 21, 2014
Earlier today after the installation of a music player from google play(i include the music player part because the incident occurred about 2 hours later), my phone has been doing constant boot loops.

It was working perfectly until it just suddenly blacked out, restarted itself and it makes it as far as samsung logo until it restarts again.

This was a pure stock s3 mini. When i came home, i decided to flash TWRP and change to a reputably working PAC kitkat. However the boot loop persists.

Any ideas? i'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance.

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Earlier today after the installation of a music player from google play(i include the music player part because the incident occurred about 2 hours later), my phone has been doing constant boot loops.

It was working perfectly until it just suddenly blacked out, restarted itself and it makes it as far as samsung logo until it restarts again.

This was a pure stock s3 mini. When i came home, i decided to flash TWRP and change to a reputably working PAC kitkat. However the boot loop persists.

Any ideas? i'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance.

Tried to wipe data (factory reset) and cache in recovery?

ReeceWyld

Jan 21, 2014
Guys i need some answers for a few questions please, or if possible, a link to thread(s).

1. Phone versions: Is there a way to identify your phone's version, example "I8190XXANC2", without having to turn on the phone. Im trying to locate my stock 4.1.2 JB.

2. I found a guide to unbrick soft-bricked S3 mini's. My problem matches one of the characteristics which is rebooting on its own after samsung logo. The guide includes the files, (and the stock ROMs hence why im trying to find my phone's version) and a param_I8190.tar file, which they say is to be used should the phone be stuck in a boot loop. My question here is, should i try the param_I8190.tar with Odin without flashing the stock ROM (i never rooted or customized my phone by the way)?

Again...thanks in advance for any assistance.

ReeceWyld

Jan 21, 2014
Just leaving this here...

The phone is apparently constantly unmounting the system and efs partitions. Whenever i reboot in recovery they are always unchecked. Is that normal?

Also it appears the phone works normally WITHOUT a sim card.....but i obviously need it to work with it.....i am baffled here and desperately need some assistance...any assistance.

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

The phone is apparently constantly unmounting the system and efs partitions. Whenever i reboot in recovery they are always unchecked. Is that normal?

Also it appears the phone works normally WITHOUT a sim card.....but i obviously need it to work with it.....i am baffled here and desperately need some assistance...any assistance.

Of course it's normal if system and efs are unchecked in recovery. So you mean your phone only booting without a sim card?

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
yea pretty much, thats the only hiccup. Would that have anything to do with the efs itself? Im still trying to understand what exactly it controls.

EFS is a folder that is saved in our smartphones. It controls IMEI number, serial number, WiFi MAC address, Bluetooth MAC address and many more. it means it's a very important folder and if you delete this folder then you can't call someone, turn on WiFi (because you don't have a MAC address anymore), Bluetooth etc. Only Samsung devices have an efs folder

yoniv

Jun 11, 2014

flash the official firmware through odin. it should fix your problem. if it doesn't work then i don't know what to do else :(

ReeceWyld

Jan 21, 2014
ok thank you both. i also just found the official stock rom for my firmware. I did some digging myself and i believe i know what the problem is now. It appears the phone is missing it's nv_data.bin file, which i read induces a bootloop if it isn't present.

I will attempt the flash with odin and report in later. Hopefully it works.

tys0n

It doesn't seem to be a problem with param or cache because the phone bots without sim.
Most likely is't something wrong with baseband or modemfs-folder.
Try to flash stock rom first and report back please.
DON'T do anything with your /efs. i8190 does not have NV_data.bin in efs like most sumsung devices do.

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
ok thank you both. i also just found the official stock rom for my firmware. I did some digging myself and i believe i know what the problem is now. It appears the phone is missing it's nv_data.bin file, which i read induces a bootloop if it isn't present.

I will attempt the flash with odin and report in later. Hopefully it works.

Dude, from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ you can get official signed firmwares for your model ;)

ReeceWyld

Jan 21, 2014
It doesn't seem to be a problem with param or cache because the phone bots without sim.
DON'T do anything with your /efs. i8190 does not have NV_data.bin in efs like most sumsung devices do.

will do, thanks.
@xXPR0T0TYPEXx they didn't have the one from my region. had to get it from here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I8190 instead. it's already downloading.

ReeceWyld

Jan 21, 2014
Unfortunately, the phone is still bootlooping with the sim card. Works without sim. This is rather frustrating.

joshua764

Jun 11, 2012
mexico df

my s3 mini does not start in recovery and not allow me to flash with odin. how to install the file NV_data.bin in and and where can I download?

Thank

Enviado desde la chingada, hasta allá!!

Top Liked Posts