Resetting problem! [HELP]

Search This thread

egodiih

Mar 12, 2011
Anytime I reset (turn off and then turn on) my phone it will be showing Samsung logo forever until I remove battery and turn it on again. But when the system initializes it will reset back again and be stuck in the logo again. Then the only solution is to wipe data/factory reset.

This began a month ago when I was deactivating ULTRA POWER SAVING MODE and it reset by itself.

I have never flashed or rooted this phone or anything similar.

Is it possible to wipe the system completely and reinstall the firmware? I bet this would void warranty. Any help?

Sent from my SM-G900M using XDA Free mobile app

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
Anytime I reset (turn off and then turn on) my phone it will be showing Samsung logo forever until I remove battery and turn it on again. But when the system initializes it will reset back again and be stuck in the logo again. Then the only solution is to wipe data/factory reset.

This began a month ago when I was deactivating ULTRA POWER SAVING MODE and it reset by itself.

I have never flashed or rooted this phone or anything similar.

Is it possible to wipe the system completely and reinstall the firmware? I bet this would void warranty. Any help?

Yes, it's possible, your warranty will be safe.

Boot your phone into recovery by holding VOLUME UP, HOME BUTTON, POWER BUTTON

Do factory reset when recovery screen shows up.

egodiih

Mar 12, 2011
But I have done that already . Actually, anytime it is stuck, I do the factory reset using this method.

The problem is that's really annoying having to install all apps again.

Last edited:

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
But I have done that already . Actually, anytime it is stuck, I do the factory reset using this method.

So you should reflash another stock firmware. There's no harm here, no warranty void as long as you don't root your phone.

Go to sammobile, download a relevant stock firmware and use Odin to flash it.

Just remember to follow the instruction step-by-step.

Don't worry :D

John822

Dec 3, 2011
Westlake

Use Helium to back up. It saves app data, home screens and you don't need root.