[Fix] [How to] [Unbrick] 'fastboot mode started udc_start() (LG-P500)

Search This thread

oshkhneli

Sep 13, 2014
LG G2

I have the same probem on lg g2 verizon model. Can you guys link me the tutorial how to fix the poblem on my lg g2?

JAGDISHDONDE

Sep 24, 2014
Big thanks sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Big big big big big thanks sir,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, u r awesome, great,...............u help me....................yes..........i recomer my phone......... I remove honeycomb.......... Yesssssssssssss..................thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ssssssssssssssssss verrrrrrrry muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

imjoshua93

Sep 17, 2014
Puerto Montt
I couldn't download the firmware on Original LG Firmware, but I figure it out:
You need to type in phone model: P500H, NOT JUST P500, and then the serial number of your phone.

adelina1985a

Oct 30, 2014
If LG United is a must, then I think it fails on me. At some point in the update process it says ' the microsoft mtp driver is not found' and gives me a link from where I'm supposed to dl it. The link makes me save this Windows Update Standalone Installer and the error is: 'the update is not applicable to your computer'... The main LG United update finishes either way, but I'm guessing it's not enough without that MTP thing? Because I get 'phone not found' each time.

s4meq

Oct 26, 2013
Bricked forever?

If LG United is a must, then I think it fails on me. At some point in the update process it says ' the microsoft mtp driver is not found' and gives me a link from where I'm supposed to dl it. The link makes me save this Windows Update Standalone Installer and the error is: 'the update is not applicable to your computer'... The main LG United update finishes either way, but I'm guessing it's not enough without that MTP thing? Because I get 'phone not found' each time.
accidently deleted lg united driver. My phone looks like it is beyond repair.

Using this:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 on windows 8. Not sure why fastboot is non-functional

Edit: Reinstalled via mobile support tool. Hopefully will try fastboot.

Actually... I reset the phone before it broke... so maybe no usb Debug???:(

Last edited:

adelina1985a

Oct 30, 2014
OK I tried my work lappy and it installed proper drivers and I could input fastboot commands, np. Here it's Win 7 Professional, SP1, if that helps any1.
After that, I installed the recovery image properly, it turns out that in my flash process, it didn't install correctly as described here: wiki .cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_p500
So now I could go on, finally! I thought my phone was a goner.

mengskiii

Jul 16, 2013
REMEMBER: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK..DO FOLLOW STEPS SO THAT YOU WONT ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEMS.!

Thinking that your phone is bricked??
Ever wonder how to get the hell out of the ''Fastboot mode started udc_start()''..??
Worry not.. The help is here.. :))

Note: *This usually happens when you flash something and failed.
*Don't worry your device is not fully bricked.. There are many ways to fix this..
*Before proceeding please make sure your phone is charged even if the backlight is always on while charging..
* Remember make sure LG UNITED (Driver of your phone) is already installed (to avoid PHONE WAS NOT FOUND)!!!!!!
*This will restore your Original Rom.
*This Works On All Variants Of Optimus One (LG-P500,LG-P505,LG-P506,LG-P509) and other few devices
*For the Prerequisites (Below)..

Prerequisites:
*KDZ Updater/Lg United
*Windows Pc/Usb cable

INSTRUCTIONS:
STEP 1:Download the prerequisites. Disable all LGE modems under modems from Windows device manager in
the control panel.. (Simply click start then type ''Device manager'' click it. then you will see there under MODEMS)

STEP 2:Exract the files..Open the KDZ Folder to your desktop and Right click on the "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe" and
click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

STEP 3:Open the "Original firmware" folder and run it, type the serial number on the blank form entry. You can
Find you serial number on the back of you phone, remove the battery and look for the sticker attached to you phone.
If you fail to launch this software, you will have to install net. framework 4.0, just open your browser and type
NET.framework 4.0. Download it and install. After this you are able to run the software.After you type down the serial
number of your device click save and just save it on you DESKTOP. Wait until it is finished. This takes some time.
Internet connection needed as this software is downloading the ''KDZ file'' needed for the "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe".

STEP 4: Now lets go to your phone,press and hold both the back(return) button and the volume up button and
simultaneously connect the USB cable.. (The phone should light up and say Emergency mode!! in a green
The phone should light up and say Emergency mode!! in a GREEN/YELLOW background. (if not don't continue...)

STEP 5:After the download lets go back to "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe" .. Follow this settings... TYPE:3GQCT
PHONE MODE: DIAG
Select the cab file (the one you downloaded ''KDZ file'' located at DESKTOP) The version
will depend on the ''KDZ file'' you downloaded. EX: (mine is V10F_00.kdz so the version will be V10F_00) after this
click "LAUNCH SOFTWARE UPDATE'' THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME..... WAIT FOR IT....
For most of you it would probably say PHONE WAS NOT FOUND!..To avoid this please make sure you have
follow my note written above..

STEP 6:DONE... ITS ALL FIX NOW.. YOUR PHONE WILL REBOOT NORMALLY WITHOUT THE
'FASTBOOT MODE STARTED UDC_START()' :good: :highfive:

STEP 7:AND FINALLY.... ONE MORE STEP.... PRESS THE "THANK" BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU .:fingers-crossed:

CREDITS:
@XDA DEVELOPERS For the awesome ''original lg firmware'' !! :))

will this work this on my LG-V500? please help...:crying:

sanjay.dabhi

Oct 4, 2015
lg d415 tmo

i have d415 with locked bootloader
no download mode
on power just fastboot init udc_start()

is there any solution

kundan kumar 1075

Jun 4, 2016
what do u mean by original firmware ...please explain

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

My device shows octopus mode',,,,,is it ok

oclidsme

Aug 20, 2016
HELP!! DEADPHONE LG-F120L any solutions?

oh pls my phone is just vibrating when i turn it on. its totally dead. any help ? pls ? i've been searching for solutions.

gnomesinrome

Jan 5, 2018
Couldn't find "original firmware" folder

When I followed the instructions: Right click on the "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe" and click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR," it opened the software update screen rather than the ability to find the original software folder. Can you help? My LGV410 barely charges and is stuck in a loop at the Fastboot Menu. Thanks for your expertise.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    REMEMBER: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK..DO FOLLOW STEPS SO THAT YOU WONT ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEMS.!

Thinking that your phone is bricked??
    Ever wonder how to get the hell out of the ''Fastboot mode started udc_start()''..??
    Worry not.. The help is here.. :))

Note: *This usually happens when you flash something and failed.
    *Don't worry your device is not fully bricked.. There are many ways to fix this..
    *Before proceeding please make sure your phone is charged even if the backlight is always on while charging..
    * Remember make sure LG UNITED (Driver of your phone) is already installed (to avoid PHONE WAS NOT FOUND)!!!!!!
    *This will restore your Original Rom.
    *This Works On All Variants Of Optimus One (LG-P500,LG-P505,LG-P506,LG-P509) and other few devices
    *For the Prerequisites (Below)..

Prerequisites:
    *KDZ Updater/Lg United
    *Windows Pc/Usb cable

INSTRUCTIONS:
    STEP 1:Download the prerequisites. Disable all LGE modems under modems from Windows device manager in
    the control panel.. (Simply click start then type ''Device manager'' click it. then you will see there under MODEMS)

STEP 2:Exract the files..Open the KDZ Folder to your desktop and Right click on the "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe" and
    click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

STEP 3:Open the "Original firmware" folder and run it, type the serial number on the blank form entry. You can
    Find you serial number on the back of you phone, remove the battery and look for the sticker attached to you phone.
    If you fail to launch this software, you will have to install net. framework 4.0, just open your browser and type
    NET.framework 4.0. Download it and install. After this you are able to run the software.After you type down the serial
    number of your device click save and just save it on you DESKTOP. Wait until it is finished. This takes some time.
    Internet connection needed as this software is downloading the ''KDZ file'' needed for the "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe".

STEP 4: Now lets go to your phone,press and hold both the back(return) button and the volume up button and
    simultaneously connect the USB cable.. (The phone should light up and say Emergency mode!! in a green
    The phone should light up and say Emergency mode!! in a GREEN/YELLOW background. (if not don't continue...)

STEP 5:After the download lets go back to "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe" .. Follow this settings... TYPE:3GQCT
    PHONE MODE: DIAG
    Select the cab file (the one you downloaded ''KDZ file'' located at DESKTOP) The version
    will depend on the ''KDZ file'' you downloaded. EX: (mine is V10F_00.kdz so the version will be V10F_00) after this
    click "LAUNCH SOFTWARE UPDATE'' THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME..... WAIT FOR IT....
    For most of you it would probably say PHONE WAS NOT FOUND!..To avoid this please make sure you have
    follow my note written above..

STEP 6:DONE... ITS ALL FIX NOW.. YOUR PHONE WILL REBOOT NORMALLY WITHOUT THE
    'FASTBOOT MODE STARTED UDC_START()' :good: :highfive:

STEP 7:AND FINALLY.... ONE MORE STEP.... PRESS THE "THANK" BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU .:fingers-crossed:

CREDITS:
    @XDA DEVELOPERS For the awesome ''original lg firmware'' !! :))
    First, this method should work for all Optimus One variants. P500, P505, P506, P509, and a few others

Second, a couple corrections, if you don't mind...

Step 3: ... type down the serial number... This is incorrect. This should be IMEI number. IMEI and Serial are two different things.

Step 4: ... Emergency mode!! in a green background... Emergency mode has a Yellow background and "Emergency Mode" printed on the screen in Red.

Third,
    When something goes wrong, the device will first attempt to boot to recovery. If it can't boot to recovery for whatever reason, then the device will reboot to fastboot mode. From here there are other options, not just KDZ. KDZ should be the last line of defense as it has bricked many Optimus One's and it's variants. If the device drivers had been previously installed correctly to a Windows PC, then fastboot.exe or any GUI tool for fastboot.exe can flash a recovery that can then be used to repair/replace the device's OS. Linux/Unix users don't need drivers to communicate with USB devices, only a 51-android.rules file and a fastboot executable for Linux/Unix.

Don't take what I've said the wrong way. I'm not trying to shoot your guide down. This is the kind of activity that is encouraged at XDA not discouraged ;) I just wanted to inform you that there are other options. :D