adb Nexus tool kit help

Search This thread

x Chowder

Jul 1, 2014
Night folks
I have an Nexus 5. I'm trying to update the OS to 4.4.4 using NEXUS TOOL KIT (Last released version). But When the tool kit makes its way by cheking my ADB STATUS it gets an error saying I must turn on Debugging opitions and stuff but i've aready done that! and all the other procedures and still I cant get it to work!

My device:
Nexus 5 D821
Ktu84M
Xposed
franco Kernel

Please Guys, if u can help on something. Let me know

x Chowder

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Night folks
I have an Nexus 5. I'm trying to update the OS to 4.4.4 using NEXUS TOOL KIT (Last released version). But When the tool kit makes its way by cheking my ADB STATUS it gets an error saying I must turn on Debugging opitions and stuff but i've aready done that! and all the other procedures and still I cant get it to work!

My device:
Nexus 5 D821
Ktu84M
Xposed
franco Kernel

x Chowder

As many people will soon comment, toolkits aren't recommended by people on here. Short explanation: they don't teach people the process which keeps people from solving simple issues. Seeing as you're using a custom kernel I would flash the factory image of 4.4.4. There's also a thread currently in the general forum about an auto updater which might help me you out as well.

x Chowder

Jul 1, 2014
Thank u very much guys. So I'm supposed to flash the ROM through recovery. Will my data be wiped?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA mobile app

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thank u very much guys. So I'm supposed to flash the ROM through recovery. Will my data be wiped?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA mobile app

If its the one from my signature under the resources section, its just a rom It doesnt wipe. Flashing zips via recovery doesnt wipe the data unlike flashing factory images. In fact factory images only wipes data if you flash the userdata.img (which happens if you use the flash-all.bat) but if yo just flash system.img and boot.img, it doesnt wipe anything, although rooted users are best using the zip anyway

x Chowder

Jul 1, 2014
If its the one from my signature under the resources section, its just a rom It doesnt wipe. Flashing zips via recovery doesnt wipe the data unlike flashing factory images. In fact factory images only wipes data if you flash the userdata.img (which happens if you use the flash-all.bat) but if yo just flash system.img and boot.img, it doesnt wipe anything, although rooted users are best using the zip anyway

Sorry to ask but, What is ODEX and DEODEX ?? Does it have anything to do w/ AOSP?

Sorry mate but I'm sort of a complete noob :)

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Sorry to ask but, What is ODEX and DEODEX ?? Does it have anything to do w/ AOSP?

Stock is odexed

When you install an app from play, those apps default settings are stored dalvik-cache however apps that come with a ROM use .odex files instead.

With a deodexed ROM , the apps that come with the ROM also use dalvik-cache.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: beekay201

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Stock is odexed

When you install an app from play, those apps default settings are stored dalvik-cache however apps that come with a ROM use .odex files instead.

Adding some more info, deodexed ROM's or apps allow for easier theming, with a (questionable or not) small performance loss.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Adding some more info, deodexed ROM's or apps allow for easier theming, with a (questionable or not) small performance loss.

True. I ALWAYS go for deodexed as it's easier for theming and mods, This excludes xposed however. There may be a small perormance hit being deodexed, but customisation wins out for me.
That said, those wanting stock experience should stick with odexed

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
True. I ALWAYS go for deodexed as it's easier for theming and mods, This excludes xposed however. There may be a small perormance hit being deodexed, but customisation wins out for me.
That said, those wanting stock experience should stick with odexed

Performance difference is way too slight to notice on the Nexus 5, it's only a bit noticeable on low-end/old devices. Might as well be going for deodexed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Night folks

My device:
    Nexus 5 D821
    Ktu84M
    Xposed
    franco Kernel

x Chowder

As many people will soon comment, toolkits aren't recommended by people on here. Short explanation: they don't teach people the process which keeps people from solving simple issues. Seeing as you're using a custom kernel I would flash the factory image of 4.4.4. There's also a thread currently in the general forum about an auto updater which might help me you out as well.
    Rooted users should flash a rooted stock zip. It's the easiest and quickest method. Link in my signature under resources section

Stock is odexed