we need a dev with skill to make a program to convert psp games to work on xperiaplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lyricalchaos

May 28, 2011
we need a dev with skill to make a program to convert psp games to work on xperiaplay it can be done n im sure every1 would pay goooood money for this

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
a) You can't convert PSP games. There is no emulator.
b) PSP doesn't run the same arch as the Play, so they can't be run natively.
c) The source code isn't available, so they can't be recompiled.
d) Making the games available would be piracy.
e) Accepting money for these "converted" PSP games would be even worse.

In other words, buy a PSP or wait for games to be put out on Playstation Suite.

lyricalchaos

May 28, 2011
if ps1 games cud be convert b a dev n psp games cud be converted by playstation devs den it can be done thru native emulater ive enuff bwt this just not a clue how to code myself

Movax2

Aug 13, 2011
Sure it could be done (emulation), but your PSP games would likely run at somewhere under 3 frames per second at best. (Of course purely a guess, maybe less than 1 frame/sec.) So who is going to even start to code such a waste of time?

So if you KNOW it can be done, please share how. If you can prove your case I am sure someone would jump all over it. And maybe learn to spell. And use periods and capitalization.

Reactions: Logseman

lyricalchaos

May 28, 2011
dont even try 'flame' me i aint sum next ******** 1 of thevgames for xperia play is a psp convert i read it up n i spell rong cos its quicker second ppl that aint dopey can read it it can be done just takes proper skill not just a time buster sum1 wif knowlege n deadcation if gta3 is coming to xperiavplay im sure psp can

MOD EDIT:: Profanity Censored.

Last edited by a moderator:

sdlaurin

May 1, 2011
I am getting the impression that you are trying to start a **** show.

MOD EDIT:: Profanity Censored.

Last edited by a moderator:

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
Only the developers that have the source code can make a port of the game. There's nothing we can do about it.

/thread

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
we need a dev with skill to make a program to convert psp games to work on xperiaplay it can be done n im sure every1 would pay goooood money for this

if ps1 games cud be convert b a dev n psp games cud be converted by playstation devs den it can be done thru native emulater ive enuff bwt this just not a clue how to code myself

dont even try 'flame' me i aint sum next dickhead 1 of thevgames for xperia play is a psp convert i read it up n i spell rong cos its quicker second ppl that aint dopey can read it it can be done just takes proper skill not just a time buster sum1 wif knowlege n deadcation if gta3 is coming to xperiavplay im sure psp can

You make it sound like one of us (and not me because I'm not that good) can spend a weekend in the basement and get PSP games running. That is not the case. The PSP runs on different architecture than the Play, and also the PSOne. The reason PSOne games run on both is because Sony has the source code and many developers that work on this stuff 8 hours a day 5 days a week, and both devices are far higher powered than the original PSOne.

What you fail to realize is that Sony has already said that emulated PSP games (and no none are out yet) will possibly be available for the Play when the Playstation Suite comes out. So why would one of the devs on this site take on the monumental and arguably impossible task of doing this on his/her own, when Sony will be releasing the same thing in a month or two. It would be far easier to reverse engineer it as they've done with PSXperia, instead of trying to build it new.

You post as if you KNOW this can be done, but then you say you don't know how to program. If you don't know how to program you:

a) have no right to demand someone do it
b) have no right to even request it
c) have no right to make some sort of assumption that it can be done.

But if you want to have a dialog with the devs here about it the least you can do is use proper grammar in your posts. My brain hurts trying to read what you typed. What you are doing is selfish, and is definitely not going to help your cause.

My suggestion, be patient and wait for what Sony has in store. and buy yourself a few books on programming and learn it a bit before you go demanding developers to make stuff for you.

Last edited:

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
The reason PSOne games run on both is because Sony has the source code and many developers that work on this stuff 8 hours a day 5 days a week, and both devices are far higher powered than the original PSOne.

Just a correction here. The reason PSOne games run on both is because Sony wrote an emulator to run the original games on the phone. No one's doing porting of individual games to the Xperia Play.

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Just a correction here. The reason PSOne games run on both is because Sony wrote an emulator to run the original games on the phone. No one's doing porting of individual games to the Xperia Play.

Right my point was, Sony has the backend access, the hardware, and the paid dev's (likely more than 1) who do this for a living and have every advantage being that they work for the manufacturer (and maybe even worked on the original device). As opposed to one of us, hacking and reverse engineering code we are completely unfamiliar with.

Movax2

Aug 13, 2011
And PSOne is easier to emulate, due to the huge difference in processing power available on the Xperia Play. Even my Xbox1 can play most PSone games. (Who would have thought you could play PS1 games on a phone back then..people need to appreciate technology more).

I don't know much about the PSP, but I assume it is quite a bit more advanced than a PSOne.. somewhere along the lines of a PS2? Emulation is quite a bit more difficult, if even possible in a practical manner, due to the processing power required. I assume whomever is involved in PSP ports will be doing exactly that - ports, not emulation. They have access to the source code and can alter it where necessary to run on the Xperia Play.

bubblegumballoon

May 8, 2011
Swansea
Ok first of all even if an emulator was made
it would run like crap, the Xperia is nowhere near
powerful enough. Not even sony could make an emulator good
enough to run psp games on the Xperia, Its kind of like trying to
emulate PS3 games on a gameboy.

Secondly you cant just convert a game, developers
can port their own games because they own the
source code to their games. Only psp minis have been
ported for the play so far and they are just small multiplatform
games.

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Xperia play vs ps1 vs psp vs ps2 vs ps3

Hopefully this works, i'm quoting Androhero off another PSP thread:

The xperia play is not fast enough, It could easly play PSP quality games natively, But to emulate the PSP it would have to be 5 - 10x the power of the device and clearly its not :)

Now, onto specs:
Xperia Play: 1 ghz cpu
PSX: 33mhz cpu (yes, it's that old)
PS2: 300mhz (actually 294-299mhz)
PSP: 333mhz
PS3: 3.2ghz

So, just off of pure processing power, PS2, PSP and PS3 will not be runable on our phone. 2-3 years in the future? Maybe. Now, just from a developer creating one from scratch? Nope.

Sony Ericsson has the ability to make it, 'cause as Rogue Leader says,
Right my point was, Sony has the backend access, the hardware, and the paid dev's (likely more than 1) who do this for a living and have every advantage being that they work for the manufacturer (and maybe even worked on the original device). As opposed to one of us, hacking and reverse engineering code we are completely unfamiliar with.

Now, can we stop harassing the developers about PSP emulation? A simple google search (site:xdaforums.com xperia play psp emulation) shows over 2,000 results. We won't have one until Sony Ericsson makes it. Then, maybe, a developer will find a backdoor way to do more games, but until then, please stop asking.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
Now, onto specs:
Xperia Play: 1 ghz cpu - ARM7
PSX: 33mhz cpu (yes, it's that old) - MIPS R3000A
PS2: 300mhz (actually 294-299mhz) - MIPS R5900
PSP: 333mhz - MIPS R4000
PS3: 3.2ghz - CELL

So, just off of pure processing power, PS2, PSP and PS3 will not be runable on our phone. 2-3 years in the future? Maybe. Now, just from a developer creating one from scratch? Nope.

You can't even compare any of those clock speeds because the architecture of each one is different. Clock speed is only relevant when you are looking at chips of the same architecture. Yet another reason that we can't have those games on the Xperia Play unless they are a remake, someone ports with the original source code (not going to happen) or unless an emulator is made.

DeadlyDazza

Jul 3, 2010
dont even try 'flame' me i aint sum next dickhead 1 of thevgames for xperia play is a psp convert i read it up n i spell rong cos its quicker second ppl that aint dopey can read it it can be done just takes proper skill not just a time buster sum1 wif knowlege n deadcation if gta3 is coming to xperiavplay im sure psp can
I think you should put down your Xperia Play & Consoles & demand that your parents spend their (or, most likely, the taxpayers) money on some much needed extra tuition.

yifanlu

Aug 1, 2011
Hopefully this works, i'm quoting Androhero off another PSP thread:

Now, onto specs:
Xperia Play: 1 ghz cpu
PSX: 33mhz cpu (yes, it's that old)
PS2: 300mhz (actually 294-299mhz)
PSP: 333mhz
PS3: 3.2ghz

Sony Ericsson has the ability to make it, 'cause as Rogue Leader says,

Now, can we stop harassing the developers about PSP emulation? A simple google search (site:xdaforums.com xperia play psp emulation) shows over 2,000 results. We won't have one until Sony Ericsson makes it. Then, maybe, a developer will find a backdoor way to do more games, but until then, please stop asking.

Also add to that ps1 has 2MB (yes MB) of ram.

And don't feed the trolls guys, there's nothing you can say to these kids that will change their opinion. You wouldn't argue with a six year old, so why argue with people on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hold up me a troll no son people that have no life do that im just a londoner that dont take bull**** from people on here or in my face dont belive me try me trust text next gets the full point across stop talking **** bout me n grow up

Seriously, you're heading the right way to getting banned.
    Your exemplary method of obliterating the English language absolutely astounds me. Shortening a word down to the bare minimum doesn't make it easier to read, it makes you look like an imbecile.

Put the Play down and get some education. You need it more than a PSP emulator

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
    Thread closed

Pax

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
    Faith doesn't code.

You make it sound like one of us (and not me because I'm not that good) can spend a weekend in the basement and get PSP games running. That is not the case. The PSP runs on different architecture than the Play, and also the PSOne. The reason PSOne games run on both is because Sony has the source code and many developers that work on this stuff 8 hours a day 5 days a week, and both devices are far higher powered than the original PSOne.

What you fail to realize is that Sony has already said that emulated PSP games (and no none are out yet) will possibly be available for the Play when the Playstation Suite comes out. So why would one of the devs on this site take on the monumental and arguably impossible task of doing this on his/her own, when Sony will be releasing the same thing in a month or two. It would be far easier to reverse engineer it as they've done with PSXperia, instead of trying to build it new.

You post as if you KNOW this can be done, but then you say you don't know how to program. If you don't know how to program you:

a) have no right to demand someone do it
    b) have no right to even request it
    c) have no right to make some sort of assumption that it can be done.

But if you want to have a dialog with the devs here about it the least you can do is use proper grammar in your posts. My brain hurts trying to read what you typed. What you are doing is selfish, and is definitely not going to help your cause.

My suggestion, be patient and wait for what Sony has in store. and buy yourself a few books on programming and learn it a bit before you go demanding developers to make stuff for you.
    I think you should put down your Xperia Play & Consoles & demand that your parents spend their (or, most likely, the taxpayers) money on some much needed extra tuition.