Annoying wifi issue since 3.2 update

Search This thread

Cleanskinned

Dec 14, 2011
Ever since I updated my Tab to 3.2, my wifi does not automatically reconnect when I wake the Tab from sleep mode. I have to turn wifi off and back on again and then the Tab will reconnect to my router instantly. Does anyone else experience this problem?

LiverpoolFCfan

Dec 8, 2006
Dublin
It might just be that I am being more patient than you - but what I see is that it takes up to 30 seconds to connect. I'm not sure why.

I think it might have something to do with the router or the encryption or the fact that my SSID is hidden.

If I open the Wi-fi settings immediately after turning on, I can see my neighbour's router almost immediately - yet mine shows as being out-of-range. After a couple of scans, it detects my router, and connects.

My router is a Dlink DIR-615 Rev B, and I use WPA/WPA2 PSK with a hidden SSID

Last edited:

ProximaC

Oct 27, 2009
Tacoma
Happens to me too since the update with both my home and work networks, and neither of them are hidden. My home network has no encryption, just uses MAC filtering, work network is WPA.

It's definitely something to do with the update. It worked perfectly before and there are several people on here that have mentioned the same issue.

Etruscan

Dec 24, 2011
I have had the same problem since 3.2

Has anyone found a fix for this wifi problem?

Last edited:

Mitchmoney

Dec 23, 2010
Happens to me and it just pisses me off.. I am kinda getting used to it but it is very annoying. I would love if someone could show us a way to fix this because we all know how fast Samsung gives us software updates...lol

Motorola cliq XT>Samsung vibrant > future galaxy nexus!

ekrichi

Jul 13, 2011
i have de same problem. When i flash task or bingdroid i cann´t work with my wifi. It´s not detected. But with the stock rom y work with this wifi well. You know what is the problem?

Etruscan

Dec 24, 2011
What is the "KMN update for wifi"? The build on my 10.1 is KMM

Thanks for any help on this.

moustic_moustic

Jan 21, 2011
I have noticed it too, just before the second update ota, the "firmware" one.
It just happened after upgrading to 3.2.

I Had to forget my network and configure it again.
Once the internet conexion established, i was proposed to upgrade this firmware part.
The file's size is 3MB

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

johnnyappleseed

Sep 27, 2007
My GTab 10.1 has been doing this since new (3.1). The workaround I use is to set the wifi sleep policy to "Never turn off". Has no real negative effect on battery life.

Go to Settings --> Wireless and networks --> Wi-Fi Settings --> Wi-Fi sleep policy --> select "Never (uses more battery power)"

Reactions: _sbb

Nash123

Sep 21, 2010
Same bug. I turn it on and off manually. Not userfriendly but I learned in the last years that samsungs stockroms are never bugfree.

Leaving wifi on consumes more power btw. On my sgs and especially tab.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000

rizky_p

Jan 2, 2008
Jakarta
yeah i noticed that too on KK4 firmware. It is either slow to connect or not connected at all. I need to on/off the wifi then it is connected.

styxx

Nov 12, 2010
Budapest
I have it too. 7510 KMM 3.2

either leave wifi always on or you have to turn it off and on to reconnect.

fvaughan79

Jan 6, 2012
same issue on tab 10.1 but not on acer

I have the same issue on my Galaxy Tab 10.1...wake up device and no wifi for 1-2 minutes. I also have an Acer Iconia 7 inch but have no such issue...wifi reconnects within a few seconds. Definitely not a router issue. Contacted Samsung and of course they say they have never heard this before, but I can send it in under warranty and have 3.2 reflashed on the device which just seems ridiculous. I think everyone having this issue should start blowing up Samsung's tech support phone lines until they admit this is a real issue and develop a fix. I also wonder if this will be fixed with the ICS update (whenever that happens) or if it is an issue with Samsung tweaking Android with Touchwiz which will undoubtedly be integrated into their "version" of ICS.

Cleanskinned

Dec 14, 2011
I have the same issue on my Galaxy Tab 10.1...wake up device and no wifi for 1-2 minutes. I also have an Acer Iconia 7 inch but have no such issue...wifi reconnects within a few seconds. Definitely not a router issue. Contacted Samsung and of course they say they have never heard this before, but I can send it in under warranty and have 3.2 reflashed on the device which just seems ridiculous. I think everyone having this issue should start blowing up Samsung's tech support phone lines until they admit this is a real issue and develop a fix. I also wonder if this will be fixed with the ICS update (whenever that happens) or if it is an issue with Samsung tweaking Android with Touchwiz which will undoubtedly be integrated into their "version" of ICS.

I agree. We should also link them to this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My GTab 10.1 has been doing this since new (3.1). The workaround I use is to set the wifi sleep policy to "Never turn off". Has no real negative effect on battery life.

Go to Settings --> Wireless and networks --> Wi-Fi Settings --> Wi-Fi sleep policy --> select "Never (uses more battery power)"