Search This thread

neerajsain

Apr 21, 2010
Gurgaon

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
If anyone is interested, on cacofonix3's request I have build an *experimental* and *untested* recovery and ROM for the A800 based on the P700i_ROW_S107

(the S107 hints it is probably pretty much the same as the Russian one mentioned above)

Warning:
- I do not have this phone, so I am not sure if it is a working ROM, I cannot test myself. It either works, or it does not.
- If you never done flashing before, don't try this, leave it to the experienced people to test first.
- Make sure you have the original ROM to go back to, like this one.
- Never flash preloader / uboot / mbr / ebr
- A800 has different partition table. Never use a scatter file for a different ROM.

Advise:
- First flash the recovery using the v3.1238 flash tool, and see if that works
- Put the ROM on the SD card
- Next boot into recovery and use that to flash the ROM.
- Also advised to wipe cache and data after flashing
- I do not have this phone, so I am not sure if it is a working ROM, I cannot test myself

Info:
The ROM is essentially the one described here, but with a800 kernel/modules/firmware and also a v0.01 marker to clearly indicate 'beta'.
The A800 is pretty similar as the P700i, except higher resolution, one button less, uses the MT6577T rather than MT6577, and I suspect uses the MT6628 rather than MT6620 radio subdie. As a result, when flashing this ROM, one of the following may happen:
- It does not work at all : solution flash factory ROM again
- GSM may not work : solution flash factory ROM again. OR: The GPS may work and also pick up Galileo...
- GPS/Wifi/BT may not work : we may work around this by swapping out some libraries. Or: The GPS may work and also pick up Galileo...
- Icons may appear smaller : should be OK, as it is a bigger schreen.
- 4th button is missing: Use buttonsavior as workaround for the recent apps button.

ROM and recovery can be downloaded here. Flash tool and USB driver from here

Last edited:

kevinxy

Feb 13, 2013
Hey cybermaus,

I accidentally uninstalled all of apk in the internal storage of this phone, using wondershare mobile go, how can i reflash everything to stock settings? i can't install the settings.apk =(

or can i push settings.apk using root file manager?

ok i downloaded the stock rom

how can i flash it, can you provide me step by step please? :\

Last edited:

kevinxy

Feb 13, 2013
thanks, i did installed usb_vcom_driver on mtk65*** preloader but how do i install flash tool drivers? there are missing dlls,another question i dumped the rom on sd card root using another phone, how can i access the recovery? can i just install the rom right away? im not rooted can i still do this?

I tried this:
It is stable, have ROOT possibility, English and Russian language. In Chinese forums i saw the new one, but i cant download it.

hey i wanna know how did you flash it ? cause there is no install from zip card in the recovery

Last edited:

kevinxy

Feb 13, 2013
hey thanks cybermaus i did it! :laugh: just followed your blog, but the rom is so slow the i dowloaded the A800_RUS_S107, what other roms can i use?

Last edited:

cacofonix3

Oct 9, 2012
Athens
The factory ROM is dead. I can't see the apps, anything, only system settings. When I made a factory reset it says the following:
Factory Mode
Full Test
Item Test
Test Report
Clear eMMC
Version
Reboot

Sent from my Lenovo A750 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We can boot to cwm using combo button, its tricky...the right combo button is vol up + vol down + power and thats only a clue, we cant go into cwm using that combo straightly.
    First, we need to boot into factory mode, there youll see some options. One important option is reboot, We will choose this option by pressing home button after we highlight it using vol up/vol down. But before we proceed, prepare two finger ready on vol up + vol down button. Now, when u press home button and device being restarted, quickly press both vol up + vol down button and hold until you come to cwm. Remember, press and hold combo button once screen goes black after choosing reboot on factory mode.
    Tried more than ten times on mine.
    Hope it helps..

Sent from my Lenovo A800 using XDA Premium App
    Hi
    I just purchased a new Lenovo ideapad A800 and now searching for a custom ROM for my new phone.I am also unable to ROOT my phone :(.SuperUser is also unable to give me root access.Need expert`s help :cowboy:
    If anyone is interested, on cacofonix3's request I have build an *experimental* and *untested* recovery and ROM for the A800 based on the P700i_ROW_S107

(the S107 hints it is probably pretty much the same as the Russian one mentioned above)

Warning:
    - I do not have this phone, so I am not sure if it is a working ROM, I cannot test myself. It either works, or it does not.
    - If you never done flashing before, don't try this, leave it to the experienced people to test first.
    - Make sure you have the original ROM to go back to, like this one.
    - Never flash preloader / uboot / mbr / ebr
    - A800 has different partition table. Never use a scatter file for a different ROM.

Advise:
    - First flash the recovery using the v3.1238 flash tool, and see if that works
    - Put the ROM on the SD card
    - Next boot into recovery and use that to flash the ROM.
    - Also advised to wipe cache and data after flashing
    - I do not have this phone, so I am not sure if it is a working ROM, I cannot test myself

Info:
    The ROM is essentially the one described here, but with a800 kernel/modules/firmware and also a v0.01 marker to clearly indicate 'beta'.
    The A800 is pretty similar as the P700i, except higher resolution, one button less, uses the MT6577T rather than MT6577, and I suspect uses the MT6628 rather than MT6620 radio subdie. As a result, when flashing this ROM, one of the following may happen:
    - It does not work at all : solution flash factory ROM again
    - GSM may not work : solution flash factory ROM again. OR: The GPS may work and also pick up Galileo...
    - GPS/Wifi/BT may not work : we may work around this by swapping out some libraries. Or: The GPS may work and also pick up Galileo...
    - Icons may appear smaller : should be OK, as it is a bigger schreen.
    - 4th button is missing: Use buttonsavior as workaround for the recent apps button.

ROM and recovery can be downloaded here. Flash tool and USB driver from here
    OK, I'm not stupid when it comes to technical stuff, I can flash motherboard BIOS or any other BIOS for that matter, I put together my own computers and stuff but I've never done this before. So, first I root the phone then proceed with custom ROM. OK?

Yeah.. That's right.. Calm down friends...
    Send by lenovo A800 custom
    Could you please help me to elaborate on this? I have bricked my new Lenovo A800. Now it is just staying in Lenovo Logo. I cant enter the Recovery mode at all. Now I am planning to flash the stock ROM.

I have Rooted and installed Lewa OS. It was up and running smoothly. When I attempted to install a corrupted zip (came to know later), the phone was bricked.

Thanks,
    Prabhu. :good:

Your phone is not bricked, just has a boot-loop about the corrupted zip. You can use the Flash Tool to repair your phone:
    1. Format (exept bootloader and NVRAM)
    2. Dowload (select all to reset your partitions)
    3. Firmware upgrade (one of stock rom)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4. Root (newest SRS Root)
    5. Install recovery (MTK Mobileuncle Tools)
    6. Install your prefered ROM again