[Q] Major battery life issues

Search This thread

jbostrom15

Dec 23, 2012
Ok so I've had my GN2 for about a month now. For the first 2 weeks I could easily go all day on moderate to heavy use. Over the past week and a half however my battery has just started to drain so quickly. I get up at 630am with 100 percent battery life and by 9 I have only 75 percent. This is with only browsing my email checking the news and playing a couple songs through Google Music. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be wrong with my phone? Am I alone with this?

UPDATE: This actually just happened as I was typing this and has happened twice today. The phone goes through the shutdown screen with the Samsung logo stays black for about 3 seconds then started back up.

Wolfbeef123

Sep 3, 2011
Mission
Ok so I've had my GN2 for about a month now. For the first 2 weeks I could easily go all day on moderate to heavy use. Over the past week and a half however my battery has just started to drain so quickly. I get up at 630am with 100 percent battery life and by 9 I have only 75 percent. This is with only browsing my email checking the news and playing a couple songs through Google Music. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be wrong with my phone? Am I alone with this?

UPDATE: This actually just happened as I was typing this and has happened twice today. The phone goes through the shutdown screen with the Samsung logo stays black for about 3 seconds then started back up.

what ROM are you running?
what kernel?
have you installed any apps lately that might be running in the background taking up a lot of resources?

kat3k

Nov 22, 2010
I see someone else asked what rom you are using, but assuming you are stock, as I am, I have had a similar battery problem. I tried turning off several native apps, and other things without any improvement. I'm with Sprint and was also being randomly dropped from the network, requiring restarts. I called tech support and was about to get the phone replaced, but they required trying a master reset before doing so. That's what I did (with the hardware buttons, not through the software menu), and to my amazement, my phone is better than new! Battery life is what it should be - excellent, and other problems disappeared as well. Just a thought.

jbostrom15

Dec 23, 2012
I see someone else asked what rom you are using, but assuming you are stock, as I am, I have had a similar battery problem. I tried turning off several native apps, and other things without any improvement. I'm with Sprint and was also being randomly dropped from the network, requiring restarts. I called tech support and was about to get the phone replaced, but they required trying a master reset before doing so. That's what I did (with the hardware buttons, not through the software menu), and to my amazement, my phone is better than new! Battery life is what it should be - excellent, and other problems disappeared as well. Just a thought.

What is the combination of buttons for a hard reset

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Solving your problem isn't worth 3 of your dollars yet it's worth more of someone elses time or effort?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Solving your problem isn't worth 3 of your dollars yet it's worth more of someone elses time or effort?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

It's just that I've tried a bunch of apps so far and none have helped

You're aware that BBS is on XDA as freeware for download, last I knew....Come to think of it...you're not. It is a great tool, well worth the $3USD they charge, and that says alot due to all the $3-5 apps out there that are next to worthless.