Sprint at ces

Search This thread

thekarens

Apr 17, 2009
Dual core phone. Nice but don't think most people need that much power. Gaming on a phone I think is stupid, I'd rather play my xbox360 or ps3 for that. Although we will see when a dual core comes out. I'm sure ill get one. :]

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Why would gaming on a phone be stupid? Many of us, including myself, like the portability of hand held system. I can take it out and play a few minutes whenever I have time. I have an 360, wii and a desktop gaming system, but I still spend more time playing on the phone because I'm not home that much and I only have a few minutes here and there to play. I like having my gaming, media, computer and phone all in my pocket.

HondaCop

Jul 2, 2010
Virginia
Why would gaming on a phone be stupid? Many of us, including myself, like the portability of hand held system. I can take it out and play a few minutes whenever I have time. I have an 360, wii and a desktop gaming system, but I still spend more time playing on the phone because I'm not home that much and I only have a few minutes here and there to play. I like having my gaming, media, computer and phone all in my pocket.

I have a PSP for that.

Sent via my EVO from the backseat of your Momma's SUV.

jagox5

Jun 30, 2007
Disappointed.

A very poor poor Showing for Sprint.
I'm disappointed.
Want a Real Evo 2 with Dual core.
not that Evo shift crap.

cdszoke

Dec 4, 2010
guys don't fret. If sprint is waiting for Qualcomm I read that the adreno 220 will be stronger than tegra 2 gpu. So, I'll wait.

cesarcerros31

Oct 10, 2010
Las Vegas
He is right qualcomm will bring in the good stuff and by then I will sell my evo and buy off contract evolution 2

HTCEVOKING

Jun 27, 2010
N.Y.C
think......

First you have to keep in mind verizon has been the first real cellphone,pager carrier (bellsouth..bell anything) they have phone service, cable service etc so it makes real easy to get everything in one bill.

Second AT&T has always #2 to verizon (bell anything) and ATT picked up alot of ppl with the iphone. if not att would be 4th alot of ppl forget they changed their name because no one wanted their service but apple was not going to release a phone upper some new company and at that time spirnt was their next choice.

THird Spirnt was the cellphone company with the best phones and best plans. they always had the lastest phones. they was pick up ground fast. that is what made verizon get better phones. that is what tmobile did and doing. they was pushing andriod first and was picking up ground fast. and getting verizon,at&t and spirnt user.

at the end of the day its all about ANDROID! NOTHING ELSE I WOULD BUT ANDROID STOCK!

what makes these phones good is android..verizon calls their DROID to make them self seem different same ****.. its all about who gives the best upside to android. they want to be in the market with microsoft and apple. how has more business users? spirnt got alot with buying nextel. and tmobile is not in the business market like that. AT&T has alot of iphone users but its been provide that they are not business users really.. so your talking bberry carriers right???? well nextel had bberry first which would give sprint a good user market. So i really feel sprint will jump a real good cutting edge business phone. that has been tested and works pretty good not just a phone with alot of bells..

atrix 4g good phone but has problems...

engadget.com/2011/01/06/motorola-atrix-4g-hd-multimedia-dock-and-laptop-dock-hands-on

you show a phone that will not do all that you marketed it for at the show.

THE EVO 4g did everything they marketed it as day one. If you wondering I carrier a HTC EVO 4g and a tmobile MY TOUCH 4g

AbsolutZeroGI

Oct 28, 2010
C-Bus
Seriously, guys. CTIA. That's when Sprint will blow everyone out of the water. Was that not the event the Evo was first announced publically?

I think that Sprint is holding their super power phones until then because by then the other carriers will have released all theirs and it'll be the only phone going.

Last year in June I don't remember anything except Evo and Incredible, Evo and Incredible. Even the iPhone came and went and it didn't feel like a real event to me. This June? Evo 2 and Incredulous? Evo Empire Strikes Back and Incredible Two Towers? Anyone?

Just me, huh? :D I can't wait for summertime.

mykenyc

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix
Honestly i wouldn't say i'm jealous, i'm just excited for the event and wouldn't mind seeing sprint up there. I think if Sprint is going for the iPhone 1 year super phone bid, it's not a bad idea considering people can't upgrade often, i just hope if they do make a "EVO 2" it does blow everything out the water, and have a honeycomb phone version on it.

jamezr

Jul 26, 2010
USA
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/motorola-atrix-4g-announced-for-atandt/

Dual core + HSPA+/"4G" + 1GB (!) of RAM + 1900 mAh battery

Edit: As cool as dual cores are, I wonder how a updated <45nm 1 GHz Cortex A9 and 1900 mAh battery would be like. It'd be a lot faster than the current single core 1 GHz phones and probably would last 24 hours with moderate to heavy use. I know a ton of people would disagree but my dream EVO 2 would include something like that plus a really powerful GPU.
Getting envious of all the other carriers that have announced new super great phones....BUT I would be very happy with 4G service in my area (Phoenix) and a better battery that would last all day! My EVO is pretty perfect the way it is....but a better battery would be a big plus in my book....
Dual Core processors sound great but will it make my phone THAT much faster? But it will be a power hungry beast on a phone line that already has battery issues..... Sprint HTC...we need better battery life! :)

Last edited:

HondaCop

Jul 2, 2010
Virginia
Getting envious of all the other carriers that have announced new super great phones....BUT I would be very happy with 4G service in my area (Phoenix) and a better battery that would last all day! My EVO is pretty perfect the way it is....but a better battery would be a big plus in my book....
Dual Core processors sound great but will it make my phone THAT much faster? But it will be a power hungry beast on a phone line that already has battery issues..... Sprint HTC...we need better battery life! :)

We already have better battery life. It's called: CM6.1.2 + Zendroid SBC kernel.

You can easily get 10+ hours of HEAVY use.

PS. My name is HondaCop and I approve this message.

dwd3885

May 20, 2010
I think it's disappointing Sprint isn't announcing ANYTHING at CES. It would be nice if Sprint had a 4" thin and light android phone. The EVO is GREAT, but a little heavy and thick compared to some of the stuff AT&T announced. But you also have to keep in mind that none of the stuff announced is actually out. The Atrix will be out first, but the other stuff is likely all Q2 2011. Meaning, Sprint can announce something at CTIA and still release it before these monster phones are out.

But it is better to have many awesome phones, regardless of what some may think. Choice is always good and if you have 4-5 high end android phones, then maybe it wouldn't be so hard to get the EVO (which is still sold out in many stores).

I wish Sprint came out with a Galaxy S phone without the keyboard. It would rock.

Award Tour

Aug 2, 2010
Brooklyn
We already have better battery life. It's called: CM6.1.2 + Zendroid SBC kernel.

You can easily get 10+ hours of HEAVY use.

PS. My name is HondaCop and I approve this message.
Ah yes, because 10 hours (or pick any random time for the EVO) is great. Lets all not want more power efficient hardware or bigger stock batteries.

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
Ah yes, because 10 hours (or pick any random time for the EVO) is great. Lets all not want more power efficient hardware or bigger stock batteries.
Yes and let's all pay a nice etf to get something and a month later something better comes out....gtfoh

Award Tour

Aug 2, 2010
Brooklyn
Yes and let's all pay a nice etf to get something and a month later something better comes out....gtfoh

Easy as calling up the carrier and having them waive the ETF for you. And that's besides the point, we're looking at present tech and appreciating what it offers - not being completely oblivious or ignorant about it.

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
Easy as calling up the carrier and having them waive the ETF for you. And that's besides the point, we're looking at present tech and appreciating what it offers - not being completely oblivious or ignorant about it.

Go reread some of your posts.....not so sure about that.

Lol just call them up and they will waive it huh? I got some land in the middle of the Atlantic I think would be perfect for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kickstand, ground breaking stuff. FFC, not new. HDMI, wow. Capacitive buttons, not new. 8MP camera, not new. That chip? Just the CDMA variant of the same damn chip.

It's laughable that you even try to compare this phone to any phone currently out. It's not even close.

I believe the gentleman was stating that the EVO was far from just an HD2 clone as you had stated. I don't understand your retort though?

lets be honest, more powerful basics...thats about it. Certainly not seeing any WTF BBQ sauce by any means.
    Links to Dual Core PHONES mentioned Ive been scouring engadget and Cnet and phone arena but to no avail!
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/motorola-atrix-4g-announced-for-atandt/

Dual core + HSPA+/"4G" + 1GB (!) of RAM + 1900 mAh battery

Edit: As cool as dual cores are, I wonder how a updated <45nm 1 GHz Cortex A9 and 1900 mAh battery would be like. It'd be a lot faster than the current single core 1 GHz phones and probably would last 24 hours with moderate to heavy use. I know a ton of people would disagree but my dream EVO 2 would include something like that plus a really powerful GPU.
    A processor battery eating bump & what NFC? Big whoop. They all seem to follow the EVO's theme.

The guy was right, nothing match the EVO (feature for feature) and at the time it launched & it was "the biggest reveal" at the show.

Show me some battery innovations, removable ram & graphics, USB OTG, Biometric capacitive screens, etc in these new phones & then I'll say ok a "whole new level".
    There are a ton of new better phones in CES and a few of them are ushering a new level in smartphones. Maybe it's not just one, but these all ARE on a new level. I'll focus on one: The Astrix.

The Tegra 2 it has is a dual core Cortex A9. That's a next gen CPU. Everything out now (the old Snapdragon, the new Snapdragon/Scorpions, Hummingbird, and OMAPs) all have Cortex A8's. A single core Cortex A9 would handily out perform any of those right now, now add in the fact that it's a dual core.That's a new level if I've ever seen one. Battery life with dual cores have ALWAYS been a concern for me but it looks like this phone has that covered with a whopping 1900 mAh stock battery.

Now let's talk about memory. 1 GB of RAM, double ups on all phones except the MYT4G and Desire HD which have 768 MB. 16 GB of internal storage not that new but combined with a preloaded 32 GB micro SD and it's most I've seen out of a Android phone out of the box.

The screen is a 4" 960x540 resolution display (16:9). Not the first but definitely next gen compared to the current gen of Androids phones.

Some usual suspects: front facing camera, HSPA+ for "4G" speeds. Some new/different ones: Fingerprint reader, computer docking.

When the EVO was announced it really was just a HD2 with WiMax and Android. It was the Android phone we were all expecting but aside from WiMax it was current gen. This and a few other phones shown today are absolutely next gen with no 2010 phone being able to compare. Bottom line, the EVO was Android hardware catching up and introducing WiMax; this phone is setting a standard for all phones.
    Wrong
    Hell the Nokia N8 is a contender for some of these phones if you look at the hardware, Its just a powerhouse with crap software.
    The N8, really? WOW.

Look at the CPU, GPU, RAM, resolution etc. The things that matter. The N8 is weak.
    I'd rather a new phone mid year. Hope they got something better coming in June.

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G On The Now Network From Sprint Using Tapatalk Pro!
    I see your point but I think Sprint's timing is stupid. They'll be competing with the iPhone every year that way. Verizon is inches away from getting a iPhone so then it'd be even worse for them. On top of that, it seems like mid-year is a transitional period where tech is slightly bumped. So all the good stuff comes out now, Sprint adapts that same tech to the Summer, and then a month later, all the early stuff gets updated, making what Sprint released look even older.