[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)

Search This thread

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
CM9

You can run it, but there is no build for final release.

Si, pero no hay una rom con el ultimo release.

Voy a crear uno.

As always camera not working for us, well not even for them, just partially.

como siempre vatallando con la camara amigo josuearisty pero lo que me e dado cuenta esq usted es muy apasionado al motorola bravo y eso nos da alegria a nosotros por que usted algun dia va a sacar un nuevo proyecto para nosotros gracias....:D

acabo de ver sus videos en el youtobe y se ve genial claro tienes sus errores pero seria fantastico que funcionara todo completamente ...

Last edited:

whipps

Feb 6, 2011
Florida
ClockWorkMod

I want to put this on my g/f's Bravo, but I can't find info on how to get ClockWorkMod for her phone.
It is now rooted and unlocked running 2.2.1 on T-mobile.

I'm going to try to download ROM Manager from the Market to see if it will put CWM on her phone

I need help. I feel like a noob all over again.

WiHu

May 15, 2008
Dosquebradas
Hi, this is my first bricked phone... :( (after of be sucessfull in htc inspire, sensation, moto cliq, iphone, etc, etc)

Afer hours and hours trying to install the ROM, the phone its not recognized by the computer. I have installed rsd, sbf file, and drivers but the phone its no recognized.

I have Change the cable, change the laptop.

As always I turn off the phone, put the baterry while press power button and vol -....

Any ideas?

I can access to stock recovery.... maybe someone can help me with the update.zip

please help!

Maybe

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Possible help for the brick

When your in the stock recovery, select wipe data/factory reset. I've had phone booting errors even after flashing sbf and that usually works.

If you have access to a linux computer, you can try the tool sbf flash. Its the only flashing tool I use, and haven't had any issues with it. My boot errors before were when using RDSLite, either 4.9 or 5.1 if I remember correctly. Been six months since I've used it.

If you can manage to get the phone to boot again, I posted a guide here with the steps to install custom roms from boot.

Hopefully, you're in the same position I was in after installing a Defy CM7 rom for the first time and not knowing to remove the boot.img.....Wouldn't boot after sbf, but the factory reset worked.

Attachments

• sbf_flash.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: WiHu

WiHu

May 15, 2008
Dosquebradas
When your in the stock recovery, select wipe data/factory reset. I've had phone booting errors even after flashing sbf and that usually works.

If you have access to a linux computer, you can try the tool sbf flash. Its the only flashing tool I use, and haven't had any issues with it. My boot errors before were when using RDSLite, either 4.9 or 5.1 if I remember correctly. Been six months since I've used it.

If you can manage to get the phone to boot again, I posted a guide here with the steps to install custom roms from boot.

Hopefully, you're in the same position I was in after installing a Defy CM7 rom for the first time and not knowing to remove the boot.img.....Wouldn't boot after sbf, but the factory reset worked.

I used linux (ubuntu) sometimes. Can you give me more details.... must i try to connect the phone in ubuntu and maybe it recognize it? Let me know more datails... I speak spanish just in case....

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Sorry don't speak Spanish. I can some words with context, but that's about it.

I forgot to mention earlier, but the factory reset is in the screen with the yellow triangle and the green android. Access it by holding Vol+ while powering on. Press Vol+ and Vol- at the same time to access the menu. Here's a little help for sbf flash and linux.

I use debian sid, which ubuntu is based on, and I've never had to do anything special for the phone to be recognized. Actually, I didn't have to do anything. There are rules for udev to give user level access to adb, but I don't use them. Superuser only. I don't want my cat stepping on the keyboard and accidently doing an "adb shell rm /what/ever" command. She's done worse......

While I haven't tried this, you could use an ubuntu live cd with the sbf_flash and the Bravo sbf on the root directory of a usb thumbdrive, sdcard, ect.. and open a terminal window and go to the directory with the files (cd /path/to/files) and run the commands "su" then "./sbf_flash ./p4_kobe_umts_kobe_user_3.4.2-125_KOB_FFW-4_product-keys-ATT-US_ATT-signed.sbf" , both without the quotations, and that should flash the Bravo in 3 minutes or so. I don't recommend renaming the sbf file for possible bad signature and overall safety.

After that, you may have to factory reset if it doesn't boot up right away. I've read about people flashing the sbf up to 3 times to get it to boot. I had to flash twice in a row, both with factory resets, to get it to boot after the Defy kernel accident.

It's really hard to hardbrick these phones because of our LOCKED bootloader, but easy to softbrick if flashing roms out of step.

Also, and REALLY important, leave your phone on a wall plug or car charger for a few hours before doing this. Flashing the sbf drains power, and its possible that you WILL hardbrick your phone if the power goes out.

I'm not positive, but you may be able to right click and use open terminal here inside the folder with the files. Haven't use Ubuntu since 9.04.

To make Linux help & copy/paste easier
cd /path/to/files
su
./sbf_flash ./p4_kobe_umts_kobe_user_3.4.2-125_KOB_FFW-4_product-keys-ATT-US_ATT-signed.sbf

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
I used linux (ubuntu) sometimes. Can you give me more details.... must i try to connect the phone in ubuntu and maybe it recognize it? Let me know more datails... I speak spanish just in case....

Yo hablo espanol amigo... :)

jejeje parecio como gringo eso, dime cual es tu problema my friend, detallamelo al pie de la letra pa enterdesnos mejor!!!

Si quieres pasa por este post para no abundar tanto aqui:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1455583

y dejar este thread especificamente para asunto de la rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: WiHu

cesargdmi

Feb 7, 2011
Cali
Some News for Motorola Bravo CM7.2 RC1?
would only be adapted to CM7.2 RC1 Defy Motorola Bravo
who are encouraged to cook?

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
kexec

I've follow the Defy forums, and noticed Quarx is working on kexec. Multiple commits on Git as well. If you don't know what kexec is, it lets you load a new kernel after booting up, bypassing the bootloader. The new Razr has a custom kernel booting with a locked bootloader with kexec, although only one cpu core works apparently.

If the Defy can start using custom kernels with this method, hopefully we can too:D. I wouldn't get too excited too quick, but if Quarx is taking it seriously then its worth mentioning. And the best thing that ever happened to the Defy (maybe Bravo) if\when it does work. The fact that Defy\Bravo are SO similar (Bravo's essentially a Defy Minus) makes me a bit hopeful this will work for us if it works with them.

I'm just glad one of the best android developers is going to code for our phone.

The only problem I see with him making kexec work is the fact that he'll get alcohol poisoning and brain damage from all the free beers everyone will give him.;)

Top Liked Posts