[ROM][04-august-12][PEN/WIFI/3G][ICS/403] ICSSense OneXXL 1.6(penfix v3)

Search This thread

rabnud

Oct 28, 2008
Not talking about that, I'm saying that there is a folder inside mnt/sdcard called ext_sd. It's just a link to sdcard2 to for ease of access

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app

That is my problem, neither of those show in ICS, but it shows up in any HC ROM. I'm curious if there is something I'm missing or something I can do to to have it show up again. It doesn't even show up in the memory menu as being installed.

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
That is my problem, neither of those show in ICS, but it shows up in any HC ROM. I'm curious if there is something I'm missing or something I can do to to have it show up again. It doesn't even show up in the memory menu as being installed.

You can access the external sd card using Astro file explorer on this ROM.

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
I'm sure someone has asked already. But can someone port this to the view! I'm dying for some ics on it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
I apologize, I thought I had put that it doesn't show up in astro and under the memory menu.

It worked for me. I snapped a screen grab of it.

Sent from my HTC Flyer using XDA Premium.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336025156449.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336025156449.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 332

rabnud

Oct 28, 2008
if you insert a sdcard it will show up as /mnt/sdcard2 and memory settings will show you available storage. something else is wrong now with your card, since it should, by default, accept what htc normally would (specifically flyer)

How would something be wrong with the sd card if it shows up normally in any HC or GB Rom?

Edit: I just restored the rom and I do have /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd but it doesn't show anything in astro, even though there are songs/movies on it? Confusing.

Last edited:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Edit: I just restored the rom and I do have /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd but it doesn't show anything in astro, even though there are songs/movies on it? Confusing.

I have now updated the rom and will upload, and i fixed the /sdcard2 reference to /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd

now usb is working too.

so ignore the initial response :)

Last edited:

joshuaboyde

Aug 4, 2008
Excellent work ... pen please

I have now updated the rom and will upload, and i fixed the /sdcard2 reference to /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd

now usb is working too.

so ignore the initial response :)

Excellent work, my complements to the chief ...
The instant that the pen style works then this will be my HTC Flyer's daily driver.

excellent work ... cheers

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
The instant that the pen style works...

Funny enough, I had pen "kinda" working on first boot: I could change homescreens and launch apps pressing the screen with pen and even just floating some millimetres above the screen. I had to reboot then, and pen stopped working at all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
ok,
im holding back the update just a little, seems the usb 2 pc works only at bootup and you can share storage to pc, but at disconnect it will not detect new usb attachments and keep usb storage settings.

and if connected AFTER bootup, it does not detect usb either, im checking it.
so more testing.

FrostyOrDie

Feb 27, 2012
Well done sir. I am enjoying 1.2 and anxiously await the next. I have 2 unimportant requests. Any way to get rid of the no simple card message in notification bar? And second is, option to use aosp lockscreen or sense version. Perhaps in a leedroid tweets type app.
sent from a galaxy far far away

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Well done sir. I am enjoying 1.2 and anxiously await the next. I have 2 unimportant requests. Any way to get rid of the no simple card message in notification bar? And second is, option to use aosp lockscreen or sense version. Perhaps in a leedroid tweets type app.
sent from a galaxy far far away

card message i havent checked and is not priority atm.

if you want aosp lock screen, just remove or rename "HtcLockScreenLite.apk" to something else and reboot and you got the original one.

Reactions: IP IHI II IL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Mod is based on HTC One V edition(1.56.401.1) release with some OneX updates.
    It also includes Beats audio features .
    flyerdexteronexxlg.png

ISSUES (as this is a port and not a developed rom)
    - no camera
    - when connecting to pc, use the included app, USB mass storage to enable share.
    old solution is removed since apps could not see sdcard anymore.
    media scanner might be unable to scan now.
    - gallery shows video's but cannot play them
    ---- use a media player from market to see video
    - if you are 1. time installer, remember to create /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd on your internal storage sdcard. so the external is mounted correctly.

Download latest OneXXL here

KERNEL USED IS LeeDroid ROM EDITION, his kernel source is linked is his thread, only ramdisk changes here link to kernel

CHANGELOG
    v1.6-penfix-v3

- updated pen driver, and fixed some pinch2zoom/multitouch issue
    v1.6-penfix-v2

- and it now acts as a active pen
    - will remove htc pen tools, since those are not sense4 compatible
    v1.6-penfix

- now with pen supported
    v1.6

- reverted back to v1.3 and added updates
    - rotationfix + bluetooth + beats audio changes
    - added Advanced power menu (creds to: back to futurerreal v11/desirehd)
    - installer not updated (says 1.5)
    v1.5b

- ultra small mp3 playback audio fix. had enabled some audio feature in build.prop causing audio issues.
    v1.5a

- Bluetooth stability fixes , reconnect and scanning much better now.
    (re-authenticating headset might happen at reconnect after reboot, it seems, but reconnect ok)
    v1.5

- Primarily audio fixes +beats audio (ogg files still an issue)
    - stability + faster first time bootup
    v1.4

- Added Youtube/video playback support
    --- use a mediaplayer from Market to play videos.
    - Modded framework.jar to support media libs/shooter
    - Modded services.jar for proper rotation of display.
    - Using old wpa_supplicant again.(works but is slow)
    - Disabled landscape softbutton for ease of use.
    - /mnt/sdcard2 is used again, so androidOS can detect card and memory free.
    (still forgot to remove unused apps, sorry)
    v1.3

- Using Aroma Installer (no touch, only button to move/select with)
    - Modded services.jar and PCSC.apk for USB Mount
    - updated external sd share to be at /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd
    - Replaced wpa_supplicant with original flyer for speed.
    - more apps resized (MoonNah)
    - Modded HTCListen.apk for Beats, Dolby, and SRS Sound.
    - Lockscreen sim message removal, option in Aroma installer.
    v1.2

- Bluetooth now working (only tested with filetransfer + mouse)
    - keyboard resized to fit flyer design (MoonNah)
    - launcher + widgets resizing (MoonNah)
    - phone function now enabled again, foolish to disable it originally (ro.phone.function=1)
    v1.1

- added lockscreen and gallery changes (thanks to iamchucky)
    - removed crc checking on apps (thanks to coolexe for the hint on solution)
    - Recentappslist LongPressMENU button function activated (iamchucky)
    v1.00
    - Initial release
    - some apps changes to support 1024x600
    - charging / usb detection semi support
    - runs portrait only for sense4.0 launcher but landscape is supported for apps
    - beats audio supported
    - gps/rotatation/g-sensor is working
    - wifi works, but no wifi hotspot support
    - led indicator (pen indicator) when tablet is charging or usb connected.
    - hibernate function works but will disable lights in hardware leds in portrait mode (hold power 3 seconds to completely shutdown)

Thanks to:
    LeeDroid for the kernel compile and release on flyer
    the Virtouus team for all the good releases and making life much easier on porting :)
    coolexe and iamchucky for the help on improving this rom.
    MoonNah for all the resizing of graphics on this rom.
    GODZSON for the theme mod logo.

I do not say this is perfect in any way, and thinking of this flyer as a tablet with pen writing capability, this ics rom is not designed for such functions and not included at all. Test it and see what you think. If you can contribute with changes please do and share with the community to get us a better ics rom for Flyer devices.
    I used it for days now and it is stable as is, but still with youtube and other media playback not working.

If you ever thought about getting one of the new One phones, this gives you a pretty good idea on how it would work, and you get the dropbox bonux i think as well here.

If you like it press "THANKS"
    Actual screenshots representing the ROM as of v1.0.
    btw here is screenshot
    if all goes well, and i find some time, i am hoping to receive a new flyer in some days, which i can experiment on.

so all hopes are not gone from my point of view, but lets see if the guy sending was going to send one or not.
    Fix Music

Fixed displaying of player in portrait mode (the first image before correct, second after)
    Fix Calendar

Fixed displaying of calendar in portrait and landscape mode (the first and second image before correct, third and fourth after)