Obtaining HTC One X Diag File to Manage S-OFF!!

Search This thread

endursa

Dec 26, 2008
Linz
i think i got the two diag files already, some guy in xmoo's thread had them for download

but without this smartcard/javacard thing one can't do anything with it, i think!, at least usb otg with a goldcard is not enough :D

Attachments

• PJ46DIAG-2.zip
    961.6 KB · Views: 941
  • PJ46DIAG.zip
    957.1 KB · Views: 913
Reactions: wschm123

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
i think i got the two diag files already, some guy in xmoo's thread had them for download

but without this smartcard/javacard thing one can't do anything with it, i think!, at least usb otg with a goldcard is not enough :D

From the filesize, the first DIAG file is the 5.01A-ASP DIAG... NO use... Just does a hardware check and hard reset.
Second file I will check when I get home, the filesize did not match the DIAGs I have.

These files are locked for SuperCID only, and the only way to bypass that is a goldcard/javacard/whitecard or whatever you want to call them.

liberator72

Jan 4, 2011
Exmouth
Where does this assumption that XMoo is an Oracle on all things Diagnosis files come from? Has anyone else tested the files? Could XMoo be an employee of HTC whose job is to keep us from S-Off?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Considering Xmoo is the one who has been searching for a way to S-Off since day one and is the one making small but impressive steps in doing so in the main S-Off thread, I find this highly unlikely. :rolleyes:

I don't often post unless it's something I feel the need to, but I found that pretty disrespectful toward someone doing his best for the whole of the community and has been for quite some time now.

@Xmoo, would be great if you could check the other file. I have been monitoring everything S-Off related and this thread does serve a purpose in that it's trying to aquire the clean Diag needed without the need for you to leak your source. Cheers

Juanig

Mar 12, 2011
Madrid
I think the most important thing now is to make sure if goldcard will work. If a signed javacard is needed then we´re loosing time. @Xmoo, could you test your file with a sensation´s goldcard?

wschm123

Jul 10, 2011
江苏南京
Would be no use. As I said... these DIAG only do hardware check and HR...

As I guess, like the need instrument to solve
The DIAG file only with the white card, the Y line, or XTC

Anyway still very grateful you made
, Above, who provide brothers
Faster than I took a step
If I get two attachments
I still will upload
For all test
Thank you very much everything you do!

Reactions: FordSierra88

sabret00the

Apr 15, 2011
London
s00techified.wordpress.com
Considering Xmoo is the one who has been searching for a way to S-Off since day one and is the one making small but impressive steps in doing so in the main S-Off thread, I find this highly unlikely. :rolleyes:

I don't often post unless it's something I feel the need to, but I found that pretty disrespectful toward someone doing his best for the whole of the community and has been for quite some time now.

@Xmoo, would be great if you could check the other file. I have been monitoring everything S-Off related and this thread does serve a purpose in that it's trying to aquire the clean Diag needed without the need for you to leak your source. Cheers

Disrespectful for asking a question? You're having a bubble bath. In terms of progress, there's arguably none. For the last however many days all I've seen is XMoo saying "wrong file". There is a happy medium between protecting a source and providing data. i.e. What size is the correct diagnosis file? Based on a diff, how are the files different? etc, etc. There's no information in here, whatsoever where as there actually could be.

wschm123

Jul 10, 2011
江苏南京
can you send this person a PM.

Fortunately, not Ruming, I get this file and upload the guy above, 2 DIAG file size is exactly the same, I do not know what's the use. I can help to almost only these, very sorry.
Next, I have something to say, I is from bbs.gfan.com of a moderator, go back to their own free time is dedicated to the BBS, in my country there are many like me, mobile phone enthusiasts. Every day there are a lot of people looking for me, all kinds of problems to me for help, if I have time I will be patient to help them solve. I offer to pay a certain amount of money a lot of personnel like I once did not accept. As a moderator, I have an obligation to help people who have difficulty is not it?
Like many of you get together to discuss problems, and that is how happy a thing.
I am a Chinese, I want to see my motherland and the people together, but the fact is not so from the s-off it. In April, the world's first s-off one the x was born, it is the Chinese people to get out. Them screenshots on the BBS, people browsing. xtc in our country actually be used as a means of profit, I think it also runs counter to the right with his development. I have to admit that the Chinese people's wisdom, but in contrast, no amount of wisdom to make such a thing, so I am very disappointed. Many Chinese people, smart, no less, but do not know how to help others, the immediate interests and often money. In their view, money is always the first one, I do not like this, compared with even greater respect for the experts here. At least you do things, at least you paid a lot of people serious you is a great presence.
But more is to develop a software solution s-off are, indeed, foreign people, they do not want a penny. In sharp contrast ! !
As far as I know this DIAG two months ago to sell 15000RMB. I do not know the true and false.
I will looking for has xtc friends in my country through my relationship, let them try this DIAG file is useful.
Every time I come to xda-dev I have been silently watching my poor English, each time in order to understand something through Google Translate and personal speculation, it appears that Google Translate is not a panacea, so I used two languages ​​impress, I believe that the Google translation of this sure to let me down. Anyway if there is knowledge of the Chinese people to see my above words will appreciate I do not calm and respect to everyone!
I am sorry, so much, many of which are unrelated, then I only silently watching you efforts, I'm sorry can not help you, my level is too bad!
I wish you success! Send my deep respect and blessings!

幸不辱命,我拿到这个文件,和上面的家伙上传的一样,2个DIAG文件大小一模一样,我也不知道有什么用。我所能帮到的差不多只有这些了,十分抱歉。
接下来我有些话想说,我是来自bbs.gfan.com的一个版主,在我的国家有很多像我这样手机爱好者回去把自己的空余时间奉献给BBS。每天有不少的人找我,他们向我求助各类问题,如果我有时间我都会耐心的帮他们解决。不少人事后像我提出支付一定的金钱,我一次都没有接受。作为一个版主,我有义务去帮助有困难的人,不是吗?
就像各位一样,大家聚在一起,讨论着问题,那是多么开心的一件事。
我是一位中国人,我更希望看到的是我的祖国人民团结在一起,但是事实却不这样,就从s-off这件事来说吧。4月份,全球第一台s-off的one x诞生,那是中国人弄出来的。他们吧截图放在BBS上,让人浏览。xtc在我们国家居然被用来作为盈利的一个手段,我想这与他的开发者也背道而驰吧。我不得不承认中国人的智慧,但是相比之下有再多的智慧却做出这样的事情来,让我很失望。中国人多,聪明的也不会少,但是不懂得助人,眼前的利益往往是金钱。在他们看来金钱永远是第一位的,我很不喜欢这种,相比之下我更尊敬这里的专家。至少你们做了事情,至少你们付出过,在很多人严重你们更是伟大的存在。
但是更多是开发出软解s-off的确都是国外人,他们没有所要一分钱。鲜明的对比!!!
据我所知这个DIAG在2个月之前卖15000RMB。我不知道真假。
我会通过我的关系在我的国家寻找拥有xtc的朋友,让他们试试这个DIAG文件是否有用。
每次来xda-dev我都是默默的看着,我的英语不好,每次都是通过谷歌翻译和个人的猜测才能看懂一些东西,看来谷歌翻译也不是万能的,所以我用2种语言放上来,我相信谷歌翻译这次肯定会让我失望的。不管怎么说如果有懂中文的人看到我上面的话会体会到的我不平静和对大家的尊敬!
实在抱歉,说这么多,很多都是无关的,接下来我也只有默默的看着各位努力了,抱歉帮不了你们,我的水平还是太差~哈哈
祝各位能成功!送上我深深的敬意和祝福!

Attachments

• PJ46DIAG.zip
    961.6 KB · Views: 189

HebeGuess

May 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Fortunately, not Ruming, I get this file and upload the guy above, 2 DIAG file size is exactly the same, I do not know what's the use. I can help to almost only these, very sorry.
Next, I have something to say, I is from bbs.gfan.com of a moderator, go back to their own free time is dedicated to the BBS, in my country there are many like me, mobile phone enthusiasts. Every day there are a lot of people looking for me, all kinds of problems to me for help, if I have time I will be patient to help them solve. I offer to pay a certain amount of money a lot of personnel like I once did not accept. As a moderator, I have an obligation to help people who have difficulty is not it?

幸不辱命,我拿到这个文件,和上面的家伙上传的一样,2个DIAG文件大小一模一样,我也不知道有什么用。我所能帮到的差不多只有这些了,十分抱歉。
接下来我有些话想说,我是来自bbs.gfan.com的一个版主,在我的国家有很多像我这样手机爱好者回去把自己的空余时间奉献给BBS。每天有不少的人找我,他们向我求助各类问题,如果我有时间我都会耐心的帮他们解决。不少人事后像我提出支付一定的金钱,我一次都没有接受。作为一个版主,我有义务去帮助有困难的人,不是吗?

Thanks for your effort.. Atleast I'm able to understand your words in bilingual..
I also doesn't those chinese who willing to leak out the corporate credentials to those business bandit..

謝謝, 至少你的英文和中文我都看得曉..

P

privatetrousers

Disrespectful for asking a question? You're having a bubble bath. In terms of progress, there's arguably none. For the last however many days all I've seen is XMoo saying "wrong file". There is a happy medium between protecting a source and providing data. i.e. What size is the correct diagnosis file? Based on a diff, how are the files different? etc, etc. There's no information in here, whatsoever where as there actually could be.

I imagine xmoo is loathed to help individuals who keep *****ing about him. Everyone on here is human being first, developer second. And anyway, it's up to him what he shares. If he feels uncomfortable sharing information about something that was given to him in confidence, then tough. He is working hard on a software solution and until we have that there isn't really, imo, that much point having s-off because there isn't going to be a great deal developed that requires it. Completely OR, I know, but I don't think your post is helping anybody either. If you want something, ask politely. If you can't do that, shut up.

sent from my internet

wschm123

Jul 10, 2011
江苏南京
thanks for your effort.. Atleast i'm able to understand your words in bilingual..
I also doesn't those chinese who willing to leak out the corporate credentials to those business bandit..

謝謝, 至少你的英文和中文我都看得曉..

我上个月还去你的国家旅游呢 好玩~开心~哈哈~
你上面说的英文我看不太懂 单词太深奥 谷歌翻译不清楚···
能否解释一下?谢谢
My last month also go to your country tourism? Fun ~ happy ~ ha ha ~
You above all that in English, I don't understand the words too deep Google translation not clear · · ·
Could you explain? thank you

Last edited:
P

privatetrousers

我上个月还去你的国家旅游呢 好玩~开心~哈哈~
你上面说的英文我看不太懂 单词太深奥 谷歌翻译不清楚···
能否解释一下?谢谢

I assume this message isn't for everyone but can you write in English please? Forum rules!

sent from my internet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now there is no use of a goldcard.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

It's not that they don't use the "gold card" system anymore, it's that they changed the way how a microSD is consider as a gold card/smart card.

You have to understand how XTC works. XTC is a HTC factory test SIM(or "MAGA SIM", "white card", "smart card", you name it) emulator, that's why when it's with the gold card, you can use S58 system to remove the security lock(S-OFF) as the phone think it's been repairing by a legal repair center. We could make fake gold card by ourselves was because someone reverse engineered the HTC gold card system.

In short, in the old system(before One X, from Dream to Amaze 4G), a gold card alone can:

* Flash any RUU regardless the CID. (As Super CID)
    * Use S58 data but with limits. (Can't clear security flag, aka S-OFF)

A white card/factory test SIM + gold card:

* All the things listed above.
    * Full S58 functionality. (S-OFF, carrier unlock)

HTC should aware of the existence of XTC for long, but they decided to take action till the One series.

The Java Card is used as the new smart card/gold card system:

* It's a HSM that has extra security against crypto key dumping. (can try side-channel attack tho)
    * The PKI private key was generated with card's RNG, so no API to read it out directly.
    * With a counter system in it. (Yes it does, just the number is usually 500 or more afaik, don't have one in my hand so can't analysis.)

The counter limited the number of times it can be use to lower the damage if it got stolen, and it can be reset with the correct private key.(which should be different from the main key, much easier to crack if you are good at HSM stuff.) Models w/o a SD slot can use it with OTG cable with microSD reader. All the older white card/gold card/MAGA SIM won't consider as a smart card on newer devices.

In short, in the new system(after Amaze 4G, since One X), a java card/new gold card alone can:

* Flash any RUU regardless the CID. (As Super CID)
    * Full S58 functionality. (Incl disabling security flag.)

Here people on XDA always try to achieve S-OFF with the software-solution, while there's a always a market that does the opposite. There's nothing magical. As long as you have a working HTC factory java card and the correct S58 data for that device, you can S-OFF it within secs.

I'm not sure how long this post will stand, as there are many HTC RD's here on XDA and they might have it deleted. They don't like people poking around with their zen thing, such as this or stole their RUUs from their servers. And I doubt they will ever give us the option to S-OFF in anyways, otherwise the CID/carrier lock thing will be pointless, and the market will f*** up.

EDIT - Just confirm it works for Sensation and later.
    I couldn't put it any better, even if S-OFF stays a dream I'll always be grateful for how much you've done and so should everyone else. You're still around helping even after endless lines of people beg for a file after you've explained why you can't release it. Can't help but think if I was in your position I would've up'd and ran already. Anyway, cheers! :)

Thx for the support guys!!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    As the one X uses emmc i'm going to buy a one X with broken screen on ebay and remove the emmc with a hot air rework station so it can be connected to an sd/mmc reader.

Once connected it will allow a complete dump to be saved, from there we can try to manipulate the hboot / security flag and have s-off.

Another advantage is that we will then know where the emmc balls are connected to any passives / pads, possibly allowing a juopunutbear wire trick style unlock ;)
    After searching for an hour I finally found someone who understands what is s-off and he has done it for previous HTC devices. Basically he has enough knowledge. This is what he said about s-off:

" for few devices its software work and for your device its both hardware and software. S-off for HTC one x isnt out yet and no1 has come to me for s-off HTC one x. Since u came ill give it a try to find out how to do it". He was asking me about my hboot versions and he knows the advantages of s-off and the fact that jb requires specific cid. Then o told him that does it have anything to do with goldcard or java card?. "he said that ya. It can be made. I'll make it. I will search for everything and will let you know within two days."
    I am not letting my hopes high because many of the devs here tried to do s-off like xmoo. If they couldn't do it I don't think he can. But m happy that at least he knows all the things. Let's hope guys.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    Could XMoo be an employee of HTC whose job is to keep us from S-Off?

YES I AM Sorry guys!
    http://www.playandroid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/*****-Please.png