Wifi - phone or router?

Search This thread

wesley1966

Jul 29, 2010
Every couple of minutes my N5 disassociates then reassociates itself with my router (BT HomeHub 4). Have tried wifi fixer app, setting static ips and replacing router and changing wifi channels . Other devices connected to router are fine so can only assume issues lie with the phone given the wider wifi issues around connecting to saved wifi spots and download speeds etc. I don't have these problems just these constant drop outs and reconnections. Am running CM nightlies and Elemental-X kernel. What would give the best hope of a fix. New Rom/kernel/radio/data wipe or all four? Or does my problem lie with the router? Any advice welcome as it is really irritating - particularly as I get no mobile service at home! Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

skeliton lord

Mar 11, 2014
Palm Bay, FL
i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Nexus 5 has been plagued with this wifi issue since i believe 4.4.1. Hopes are that google will release 4.4.3 with a fix for the issue, but no word yet. As of right now there is no fix for the wifi problem :/

wesley1966

Jul 29, 2010
Thanks. Did a wipe and moved from CM to AICP. Still got the issue so help us 4.4.3, you're our only hope.

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Nexus 5 has been plagued with this wifi issue since i believe 4.4.1. Hopes are that google will release 4.4.3 with a fix for the issue, but no word yet. As of right now there is no fix for the wifi problem :/

plagued? i have never had a problem with wifi.

what wifi type are you using? N? G? AC?

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Try the common WiFi work arounds: setting your phone to only use 2.4Ghz (instead of 5Ghz or Auto) and toggling off the mobile data setting when using WiFi.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Maybe it's faulty. If you've already tried another router there's not much else it can be. Try and get it repaired or swapped out.

I've not had a homehub 4, but never had Nexus specific issues with my HH 3 or 5.