Data speed on the vibrant :)

Search This thread

stepinmyworld

Apr 14, 2010
Hey, im not sure if any of you noticed but i had a nexus one which was a great phone! but it seems the vibrant is much fast when loading pages and pulling in data on edge and 3g. It's hard to explain what i mean but it's just a little more powerful. anyone else notice this? when you download apps, especially on 3g.. it's like #pow! and installed... very zippy!

just wanted some opinions. I can't wait until a real rom is generated for this phone and they create a 3200 mah battery for this. IM BUYING IT lol

Also yall should try Skyfire browser from the market and set your browser to open as Desktop rather than android or iPhone. Even on edge, the pages open so fast!

check it out! :)

darkknight49

Jun 26, 2010
Chicago, IL
yea, the data seems quite zippy on the phone, even if the speed readings are a bit inconsistent. I did hit 5 Mbps in pasadena yesterday tho.:D

temperbad

Jan 13, 2009
portland
I too came from a n1 and yes this beats it in speeds. Even on edge with no bars is faster than my n1 with 2 bars... I just wish the signal bars wasn't wacky. Its throwing my thinking off...lol

XfooYen

Mar 29, 2010
Lost Angeles
The phone takes advantage of HSPA. That's probably what you're seeing.

Sent from my Vibrant using XDA app facing north...no, wait. southwest.

SE7EN-

Jun 13, 2010
Coming from the Slide I couldn't even use the browser on Edge but on this Vibrant its really quick on Edge and I don't even need to switch it to 3G. Definitely a difference.

Last edited:

temperbad

Jan 13, 2009
portland
The phone takes advantage of HSPA. That's probably what you're seeing.

Sent from my Vibrant using XDA app facing north...no, wait. southwest.

Coming from the Slide I couldn't even use the browser on Edge but on this Vibrant its really quick on Edge and I don't even need to switch it to 3G. Definitely a difference.

Same here, in edge my n1 most the time didn't do anything... this is fast on edge....

stepinmyworld

Apr 14, 2010
I too came from a n1 and yes this beats it in speeds. Even on edge with no bars is faster than my n1 with 2 bars... I just wish the signal bars wasn't wacky. Its throwing my thinking off...lol

i completely agree. the bars issue is annoying but i try not to worry about it too much because it never loses connection.

Arr MiHardies

Jul 18, 2010
Las Vegas
I'm lucky if I get .5 Mbps here in vegas.. And we supposedly have that high speed network here. I went to california not long ago and edge there completely blew away the 3g in vegas. That is very sad.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

larryccf

Nov 23, 2009
using speedtest.net i got 5.6 download speed here in richmond va

then the next day, saw 1.9 - someone on another forum said when he had spotty svc at home, he complained and Tmo sent a tech out to his tower, and a week later his was smoking with 4 bars constant

no idea how valid that report was but i'm thinking to try it

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
Hey, im not sure if any of you noticed but i had a nexus one which was a great phone! but it seems the vibrant is much fast when loading pages and pulling in data on edge and 3g. It's hard to explain what i mean but it's just a little more powerful. anyone else notice this? when you download apps, especially on 3g.. it's like #pow! and installed... very zippy!

just wanted some opinions. I can't wait until a real rom is generated for this phone and they create a 3200 mah battery for this. IM BUYING IT lol

Also yall should try Skyfire browser from the market and set your browser to open as Desktop rather than android or iPhone. Even on edge, the pages open so fast!

check it out! :)

The Vibrant definitely processes things fast all around. I'm hitting 5-6Mbps down.

As for your battery you should just pick up some extra 1500mAh to get you by.

larryccf

Nov 23, 2009
I'm lucky if I get .5 Mbps here in vegas.. And we supposedly have that high speed network here. I went to california not long ago and edge there completely blew away the 3g in vegas. That is very sad.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

funny you mention that - had a similiar issue when i was out in vegas - called tmo cause i couldn't believe vegas would have weak coverage - csr said to try turning phone off, wait a couple minutes and turning back on - and it worked

in case it helps, she said something about the phone "reregistering with the network"