[GUIDE] Unroot your HTC unlocked EVO 3D

Search This thread

Twolazyg

Sep 14, 2010
Twin Cities
I have noticed a lot of people asking how to unroot their 3d and return back to stock after unlocking with HTCDEV. Here's how:

Step 1: Download the RUU for your phone:
CDMA: PG86IMG.zip
GSM: GSM RUUs
(There are more GSM RUUs than CDMA, so here's all of them.)

Rogers RUU link is here.

Step 2: Place the PG86IMG.zip (CDMA- GSM will be similar) on the root of your sdcard.

Step 3: Reboot to recovery and wipe everything (Dalvik, cache, data, system, factory reset)

Step 4: Plug in your phone and reboot to bootloader via ADB
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Step 5: Boot into Hboot and allow the RUU zip to flash to the phone.

Step 6: Boot into fastboot

Step 7: Relock your bootloader
Code:
fastboot oem lock

Setp 8: Reboot.

Note: Your bootloader will say *** RELOCKED *** after you're done. That is how your carrier and HTC will know you've unlocked. There is no way to avoid this yet.

***** Make sure you put the CORRECT RUU image on you sdcard. If you have Sprint you're CDMA, if not, you're GSM. Don't mix the two up.

If you want to unlock your phone again after relocking, boot into fastboot and type:
Code:
fastboot flash Unlock_Code.bin
That's assuming you still have the Unlock_code.bin. If you don't, you'll have to re-do all the steps on HTCDEV

GSM RUUs from Football's thread here

CDMA RUU from Mr.ESP's post here

Last edited:

RedHeadMan

Oct 21, 2007
High Point, NC
Hey just to add to this. I tried doing this method, but I couldn't get hboot to update my phone. I got hboot 1.50 stock, cause I just got the phone last week. I have no idea why ur method wouldn't work.....I'm a NOOB HERE. I tried even flashing in recovery. When I also tried to "Relocked" my phone it wouldn't even boot past the HTC screen.

Well what happened to begin was I put a different kernel on my using flash image gui, and when I tried going back to stock via backup, some of the functions didn't work wifi 4g...etc. I knew it had to be the kernel. So what I did was I found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1223979, and downloaded the Shooter_2.08.651.2_odexed_rooted-signed.zip complete ROM.

Thanks @xHausx for that thread you saved me :)

Then i flashed it. I rebooted back into the bootloader and ran the lock code.
Code:
fastboot oem lock
This time the phone booted. I used one of RUU .exe from Football's post
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1334473
and completely restored the phone to stock.

Idk if this helps any one or not, but this is how I got my phone back to stock without using the PG86IMG.zip and flashing in hboot.

Again noob here, but it worked.

Last edited:

richsky

May 13, 2011
I followed all the steps, my phone now shows RELOCKED, but I still have the superuser app. Am I missing something? How do I get rid of superuser?

Thank you

richsky

May 13, 2011
I downloaded the file from the OP, renamed it PG86IMG.zip and copied it to my sd card. I then boot into hboot and it loads the file. This is all after I relocked the phone. Is this correct?

sinman2224

Apr 17, 2011
Detroit, MI
I'm doing something wrong. After I relock my phone, it won't reboot...it just boots back to the bootloader....I have to unlock again to get it to boot normally. any help is appreciated. thanks.

Nevermind. I found another file and that did the trick!

Last edited:

jarobusa

Apr 17, 2011
I'm doing something wrong. After I relock my phone, it won't reboot...it just boots back to the bootloader....I have to unlock again to get it to boot normally. any help is appreciated. thanks.

Nevermind. I found another file and that did the trick!

I have the same issue. What other file did you use?

pushin30

Jan 20, 2012
i flashed my radio and ota rom then used super tool to lock worked great from all things root android forum

argonzal

Nov 8, 2010
Tried this method and I am stuck in bootloader... i try reboot and it just takes me back to bootloader... any ideas how to fix this?

pushin30

Jan 20, 2012
Fastboot clockwork mod and then flash kernel first then ROM for some reason twrp won't flash correctly it left my phone in a reboot loop It's not supported anymore cm is more stable.
Id give you a link but I havnt posted enough on this forum yet

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Last edited:

|=>AmuzZ<=|

Jun 24, 2011
Moshi
hey i jus wanna now somethin its confusing me
in the OP it says that

i am using EVO 3D GSM do i have to download the PG86IMG.zip
and place it in the root of sdcard then i use adb to do the RUU cos

Step 2: Place the PG86IMG.zip (CDMA- GSM will be similar) on the root of your sdcard.
is it for both or jus for the CDMA m cofused

please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have noticed a lot of people asking how to unroot their 3d and return back to stock after unlocking with HTCDEV. Here's how:

(There are more GSM RUUs than CDMA, so here's all of them.)

Rogers RUU link is here.

Step 3: Reboot to recovery and wipe everything (Dalvik, cache, data, system, factory reset)

Step 4: Plug in your phone and reboot to bootloader via ADB
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Step 5: Boot into Hboot and allow the RUU zip to flash to the phone.

Step 6: Boot into fastboot

Step 7: Relock your bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock

Setp 8: Reboot.

Note: Your bootloader will say *** RELOCKED *** after you're done. That is how your carrier and HTC will know you've unlocked. There is no way to avoid this yet.

***** Make sure you put the CORRECT RUU image on you sdcard. If you have Sprint you're CDMA, if not, you're GSM. Don't mix the two up.

If you want to unlock your phone again after relocking, boot into fastboot and type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash Unlock_Code.bin
    That's assuming you still have the Unlock_code.bin. If you don't, you'll have to re-do all the steps on HTCDEV

GSM RUUs from Football's thread here

CDMA RUU from Mr.ESP's post here
    Make sure you remove your current old recovery from your SD card.
    You need to flash the stock recovery. Then you need to fastboot oem lock. Should lock you.

Then you need to find the latest RUU or PC86IMG.ZIP to put stock rom back on.

Then your all set :D

I threw in the stock recovery. For CDMA. Anyways have fun..
    I followed a couple of these evo3d unlocker's with no avail. My phone is now stuck on fastboot/bootloader screen. I can move around and reboot but it comes back to the bootloader menu.
    Says
    Relocked
    Security warning
    shooter XC Ship S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.50.000
    RADIO-1.06.00.1216
    eMMC BOOT

I have the PG86IMG.ZIP on my sd card and it looks for it and loads it from the this boot menu. I can't get me phone to a stock rom. I had it HTCDEV rooted and have done the htc unlock here and there but I got tired of messing with it so I put it up for a day but I really need to get my phone back working. I want to get stock to get ICS update or to get a good working stable ICS Rom on my phone at this point.
    Please help
    Im not really that much of a noob but I get frustrated with it all sometimes and drop it for a little while and keep reading post for a few days till I can think better...hahaha

Since you are locked S-on, you just need to run the ruu.exe for your carrier/location (check the CDMA or GSM development stickies). Also, you need to remove the zip from the sd card, otherwise, you get into a bootloader bootloop like you're in.
    thanks to bebolf for having it in his dropbox and posting a link here ive gone ahead and uploaded the Rogers RUU to multiupload ... see below link, will post in footballs thread in gsm forum..

http://www.multiupload.com/7JM43LU588
    Does anyone have a working link to the lateset RUU?
    You can find it here.

ramjet73