Stuck in SAMSUNG logo

Search This thread

miomioim

Apr 23, 2009
Hi guys!

I need your help.

My P-7501 doesn't pass the SAMSUNG logo. It is NOT a bootloop (in my opinion), it just displays the animated logo, which keeps 'shining' forever.

It had the stock rom (4.0.4). I can access to Download mode and Recovery.

This is a list of things I've tried:

- Rebooted to recovery, wiped data/factory reset
- Flashed, using Odin 3.07, "GT-P7500 ITV P7500XXLQ8 P7500OXALQ8 Original" and also "P7501XXLPC_P7501DBTLPC_DBT" stock roms. No errors, but still same issue.
- Installed Recovery – ClockworkMod 6.0.3.0 (CM 10.1) and then wiped data, formatted drives, cache, Dalvik, ... Nothing changed.
- Installed TWRP recovery, but got the 'rolling' screen issue.
- Manually (with adb sideload) tried to install "Ganbarou-GT-P7501-v4.05-2013-11-16", but got errors during the installation.

I have wiped data, formatted drives, cache, Dalvik, before and after every flash. I've tried everything I have found in here and many other websites, but the solution is always to flash a rom... but this is not working for me.

Any suggestion, info request, question is really welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Prowler665

I'm still using odin v1.85 althou this should make no difference. You can find it here if you wanna give it a try.

What version of TWRP did you use? You can find 2.6.3.0 here.

What errors did you get installing the custom ROM?

You can push files via adb to your tab if it dosn't show up as a usb-storage device and then use your custom-recovery to install it...

adb push /path/to/local/file /mnt/sdcard/path/to/file

The standard procedure of installing a new custom ROM is...

-Boot into your custom-recovery
-Factory reset
-Wipe system partition
-Install ROM from zip
-Install gapps from zip

Optionally you can reboot and fully boot up your device before installing the gapps to avoid bootloops that might occure...

Last edited:
Reactions: miomioim

miomioim

Apr 23, 2009
Hi Prowler665

Thank you for your quick response.

I have installed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and it is working fine now.

As I cannot see the tablet from my computer (win7), I have adb push the Ganbarou rom to /sdcard/gan/
Then, I have tried to install it but I'm getting the error:

set_perm: some changes failed

Then, I have tried with the cm-10.1-20130116-UNOFFICIAL-p4.zip rom

but I'm getting the following error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "p4" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p4"
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm/cm-10.1-20130116-UNOFFICIAL-p4.zip'

I have been wiping to factory and the system partition before every installation.

I'm trying to install any custom rom just to make the tablet to work, and then to install the stock rom.
If I can provide you with more info, please let me know.

Thanks!!

miomioim

Apr 23, 2009
UPDATE: Solved the assert issue removing the first line in cm-10.1-20130116-UNOFFICIAL-p4\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script, but now I'm getting the same set_perm error.
I have checked the MD5 checksum value of the rom and is wrong, so I am downloading it again.

Prowler665

As I cannot see the tablet from my computer (win7), I have adb push the Ganbarou rom to /sdcard/gan/
Then, I have tried to install it but I'm getting the error:

set_perm: some changes failed

Then, I have tried with the cm-10.1-20130116-UNOFFICIAL-p4.zip rom

but I'm getting the following error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "p4" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p4"
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm/cm-10.1-20130116-UNOFFICIAL-p4.zip'

I have been wiping to factory and the system partition before every installation.

I'm trying to install any custom rom just to make the tablet to work, and then to install the stock rom.

The errormessage regarding the Ganbarou-ROM is a complaint about setting permission which could be about anything... Using TWRP you could try advanced/fix permissions

The error on the CM is a complaint about your tab not being a model p4 (7500/7501)... I had this kind of error when using an outdated version of CWM. Since I never tried CM I'm not sure if it depends on CWM for installation. Anyway you can find the latest version of CWM here.

But since you wanna go stock anyway...

I was using odin v1.85 and P7500XXLQ8_P7500OXALQ8_P7500XXLQ8_HOME.tar.md5.

- Using TWRP goto wipe/advanced wipe and wipe all but internal storage and power off.
- On your pc run Odin as Administrator, tick on PDA, and choose the firmware file
- While the tablet is still off, plug in the USB cable on the tablet. Don't connect to the PC yet.
- Boot your tab into download-mode and connect it to the pc.
- As soon as odin finds the tab click START in Odin and wait for it to finish. The tablet will reboot when done.

...at least for me this was working fine...

Last edited:

miomioim

Apr 23, 2009
Thank you for your help, Prowler665.

I have managed to install the CM rom, but the issue is still the same as with the stock rom: the tab is stuck at the CM logo. I have left it for more than one hour, wiped data/factory reset, rebooted a few times... but no luck.

Now I'm downloading the P7500XXLQ8_P7500OXALQ8_P7500XXLQ8_HOME.tar.md5 rom and will try to flash it with Odin as admin, as I've never tried this way.

I'll let you know.

Thanks again!

miomioim

Apr 23, 2009
I was using odin v1.85 and P7500XXLQ8_P7500OXALQ8_P7500XXLQ8_HOME.tar.md5.

- Using TWRP goto wipe/advanced wipe and wipe all but internal storage and power off.
- On your pc run Odin as Administrator, tick on PDA, and choose the firmware file
- While the tablet is still off, plug in the USB cable on the tablet. Don't connect to the PC yet.
- Boot your tab into download-mode and connect it to the pc.
- As soon as odin finds the tab click START in Odin and wait for it to finish. The tablet will reboot when done.

...at least for me this was working fine...

Hi Prowler665,

Yesterday I followed your instructions and flashed this stock rom with Odin 1.85 as admin, but the result is the same: stuck at the SAMSUNG flashing logo.

Is there anything else I can delete (like the whole 'internal sdcard') before flasing or to post any kind of report or log (with TWRP or adb) that could help?
I have access to the root directory with TWRP or adb shell. Is there something which is not flashed with the rom that I can check?

I have flashed many devices from routers to phones, so I'm not new doing this. I feel that the tablet is not dead, but there is something I'm missing...

Prowler665

Hmm, maybe adb logcat or adb bugreport can shed some light on this strange behaviour...

Wiping the internal storage should not make any difference but you can surely give it a try since there is nothing to lose anyway... If there are any files you want to keep you can get them with adb pull <remote> [<local>].

Prowler665

Hmm, maybe adb logcat or adb bugreport can shed some light on this strange behaviour...].

To get a log of the boot-process...

- Turn off your tab and connect it to your pc.
- On your pc start adb logcat > boot.txt
- Start up your tab.
- When done hit ctrl+c on your pc to exit adb.

The same should work for adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt

USB-debuging has to be enabled thou.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm still using odin v1.85 althou this should make no difference. You can find it here if you wanna give it a try.

What version of TWRP did you use? You can find 2.6.3.0 here.

What errors did you get installing the custom ROM?

You can push files via adb to your tab if it dosn't show up as a usb-storage device and then use your custom-recovery to install it...

adb push /path/to/local/file /mnt/sdcard/path/to/file

The standard procedure of installing a new custom ROM is...

-Boot into your custom-recovery
    -Factory reset
    -Wipe system partition
    -Install ROM from zip
    -Install gapps from zip

Optionally you can reboot and fully boot up your device before installing the gapps to avoid bootloops that might occure...